Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just a newbie here. But I am surprised with the new year just a day away, I haven't seen more posts about New Year Resolutions to stop drinking.

Usually the new year means a new start.

I am trying to change my lifestyle in 2014. I am not saying that I am not going to drink, but I am definitely going to drink less (through amino acids and vitamins and Faster EFT) and change my life in a positive direction.

Any other 2014 New Years Resolutions out there?

My resolution is to keep being alcohol free and get my body in shape, well a better one than it is now...Happy new year to All
    Alcohol free since 13th January 2009

Comment

Senin, welcome! I think there are so few NY resolutions about drinking here because most of us have found that taking things - especially drinking - one day at a time is much more achievable. A case of New Day's resolutions, perhaps.

My resolution: better lifestyle choices. Letting go of trying to control everything, while being more involved with things that do matter.
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Hi Senin, and all. I too have made many New Year's resolutions - especially to stop drinking. If I could add up all the "Day One" pledges that I've made I would have been sober for years:H:H:H

But we are such optimistic creatures - we can't help but look forward to wonderful things in the New Year. For me, I want control over that hand that reaches out for a drink against my will, and I will be using baclofen to help me. So another pledge is to take the darned pill and be patient :H Eating better, giving up control of everything in the universe, being more loving to Husband.... Happy New Year Everybody :h
        My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Resolutions: save money,be kinder to people,definitely eat better to feel better,blow the dust of my excercise bike,spend more time with family,quit smoking?,try and focus on the day im in instead of looking too far ahead
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

HI Senin,
            Welcome!! I'm going to continue to work on my program and being "alcohol free." That's enough for now!!!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
            X