Fresh Undies (and Friends) Jan 2014.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mr G! waving and running out the door...bosu firmly tucked...somewhere...

Comment

myhappyplace;1608666 wrote: Nicey, don't you just hate the people who say "cool, cool" when you know that it friggin well isn't?

I think I might have to take myself off to the fuck thread if this keeps up...
      Good idea Happs - I'm going to do just that!
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

Up at the crack of dawn this morning to go up to Sinney to get some adjustments done to ute canopy.
        On the way home I stopped at the doorway to The Shire at Waterfall and spent an interesting 15 minutes chatting to the landscape guys. Small world, his dad lives at Wingello. They'll have that all planted out by Thursday. Two whole huge trucks full of plants.

Came home via Sydney Wildflower and Sunrise Nurseries which took me down the scenic route.
        Here you go Happs, this is for you.

This is looking back up the coast from near Austi.

And I thought to myself, why are you going home to dig holes in the garden and plant plants. Why aren't you down at the beach.

Comment

Gawd I'll be glad when the cicadas die.

Comment

Great pics Rags.

Yes, the noise out my window is getting to me.....
            Mother Theresa

Comment

Thanks Nicey.
              What a glorious day it is.
              OK Off to dig some holes in the garden.

Comment

Rags, I just want to dive into all of that blue blue stuff...how gorgeous...

Sitting in a puddle of sweat...at least, I hope its sweat...

Comment

Did the green mango Thai salad tonight Happy and it was truly yum!! Added 700g chicken to it to feed Mr B's boy appetite but it wasn't enough. He has subsequently demolished a huge beef burger and fries and is now looking around for dessert :H He is 15, 6 foot and really physically active ?. and he has had his 5+ servings of fruit and veg today so I can't really begrudge him the burger :H:H

Our food bill doubles when he is here - I can't imagine what yours is like with three of them :H:H
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I really hear you Missy! all of mine are the same, the two older ones are taller than the Lamp now. What is that? :H One way I pump up that recipe is adding rice vermicelli noodles and a couple of BBQ chooks. I know, its a lot but we do have a bowl or two of leftover at times and the Lamp gets lunch the next day. Scary what they eat though but when they burn it off you don't mind, like you said.

We had a huge storm this afternoon and lost power for a couple of hours. We played a game of cards while we hung out with the candles lit, it was so dark. And that was at 4 o'clock. Very strange.

Comment

Morning All.
                      I love logging on and seeing photos and interesting things here.

More gardening today here as long as the weather stays cooler as promised.

Love the avatar Mr G. You've gots to pick up with that one.:H

Going to rock out and check out those shoes today Nicey. Been avoiding the sales like the plague, but surely they've settled down now
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning Bridge, and all to come.
                        Gardening here too.

While I was getting the car lining sorted, I braved crossing Silverwater road to grab a coffee at a milk bar.
                        Got chatting to the owner who makes his own falafel. I tried one... delicious.
                        After some more chatting, he gave me his recipe, which included soaking only of the fava beans and chick peas. No boiling.
                        I felt a bit like Rick Stein in India does Silverwater Road.
                        Last night I was furiously jotting down Rick's recipes.
                        Am going to try the lamb chops tonight. They looked quite good, and I have lots of yoghurt from my kefir grain, which I've now put in the fridge to slow it down a bit.
                        Will try the chicken later in the week.
                        OK Off to plant some little natives.

Comment

Morning Bridge, Rags and fellow travellers...love that I'm not the only one who picks up recipes like that Rags. Its such a great way to get onto new things and share them. Love it.

Speaking of loving it...Mr G! nice avatar!

Smoothie today involved some green apple and parsley as well as the usual suspects...does anyone else stick cacao in? And do you pronounce it cacow? I've finished with the Maca, thank dog...it just smelled foul and I'm not sure if it did what it was supposed to do...

Gorgeous rain last night and the garden is thankful. New paving settled in nicely too. The Lamp is back at work and there is an absence of "things" being done...

Comment

Hah! You gave just gave me a thought Happs.
                            Found it on the BBC website

BBC - Food - Recipes : Lamb cutlets spiced with fennel (shahi chaap amber)

Comment

juiced parsley smells like cigarette to me, i am told i am wrong by all the peeps i ask, but so be it i am a little normal and mostly strange :0
                              AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

I think I'm in love with Mr G - well, his avatar anyways..... Don't tell!

Came in late as it is v.quiet. Walked my boy, raked dead leaves and branches from gutters at the front of the house and beyond. The streetscape in front of El Cabalo Blanco looks alright. Will mow lawns tomorrow afternoon in readiness for the return of FFH. My holiday is almost over. :upset: My plan of attack this year is to remain silent. Surely if I keep my opinions quietly to myself, and don't engage in mindless tit for tat convo, it will be less taxing on my mental health and I won't shake my head regularly at the energy I've wasted trying to 'communicate'. I just hate the constant argy bargy of people who live to create angst. When I was first joined MWO in 2003 my name was justwantpeace - I still relate to that, in all areas of my life. Peace at any cost this year me thinks.

Good luck at the sales Bridge. Get the bright pink ones so we match.

Happs - I got through the bunch of kale I bought for the green juice I was told would change my life. I was tough going, it just didn't do it for me - blech - not sure it made an amazing difference either. Poor Lamp, his holiday is over too!

Rags - I reckon you just love people. Everywhere you go you have a nice story to tell. It makes my heart glad.

Better poke my head out and see what's happening.

Salute to Mr G.

Nicey love to ALL of you. Absent, yet to pop in, lurkers and the like.
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X