Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARMY THREAD NEW YEAR'S DAY 2014

DreamThinkDo;1606110 wrote: :H:H:H:H:H

Small country though, shouldn't take long.
    He feckin' ENGLISH !!!
    I watched Daithi O'Shea *groan*

Comment

Yes dreamy still stuck here, it's a shame,really a huge shame that I can't be stuck here forever :-)
      Alcohol free since 13th January 2009

Comment

Marioisback;1606125 wrote: Yes dreamy still stuck here, it's a shame,really a huge shame that I can't be stuck here forever :-)
        :hiya: Mario
        Ye'd get all wrinkley if you stayed there :H

Comment

Satz, "that question" was deflected beautifully: Brother3 asked me what I'd done to lose so much weight - guess he was looking for a miracle 2 day diet - so I looked him straight in the eye, and said "Gave up drinking." Huge laughs all around - from the look on his face it was clear that he did not expect/want to hear that. So, general assumption: Dreamy is off the booze to look less of a porker. General attitude: let's not ask her if she wants anything to drink. Bit dishonest, but I told them the truth, they made their own assumptions. Win-win.
          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1606121 wrote: You do un-pc jokes, Tips?

Morning Mario! You still stuck on that island?
            Mrs. T gives me ***that*** look every now and again. Not the one that makes makes me weak in the knees. More like quaking in my boots.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1606129 wrote: Mrs. T gives me ***that*** look every now and again. Not the one that makes makes me weak in the knees. More like quaking in my boots.
              Quaking is a vital survival mechanism, Tips. Ask any happily married man.

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1606127 wrote: Satz, "that question" was deflected beautifully: Brother3 asked me what I'd done to lose so much weight - guess he was looking for a miracle 2 day diet - so I looked him straight in the eye, and said "Gave up drinking." Huge laughs all around - from the look on his face it was clear that he did not expect/want to hear that. So, general assumption: Dreamy is off the booze to look less of a porker. General attitude: let's not ask her if she wants anything to drink. Bit dishonest, but I told them the truth, they made their own assumptions. Win-win.
                RESULT !!:l
                And not in the slightest dishonest .

I still get why ?
                Like why can't you just have one or two like everyone else?
                She must be an alkie ( behind my back ) I know it !
                Even though I've never made a show of myself or anything - but was known to love a drink.

My own sister is baffled -I can tell.
                She'll say : "Jesus where's the real A*** - what did you do with her "? joking.
                Christmas day was a revelation to me & them. A big 'test' I took & passed.
                I could see she was waiting for me to be .... a bore -I wasn't.....:yay:

Comment

satz123;1606126 wrote: :hiya: Mario
                  Ye'd get all wrinkley if you stayed there :H
                  wrinkly & warm v shriveled up & freezing
                  Alcohol free since 13th January 2009

Comment

Marioisback;1606133 wrote: wrinkly & warm v shriveled up & freezing
                    Yeah - got ye :thumbs:

Comment

satz123;1606131 wrote: RESULT !!:l
                      And not in the slightest dishonest .

I still get why ?
                      Like why can't you just have one or two like everyone else?
                      She must be an alkie ( behind my back ) I know it !
                      Even though I've never made a show of myself or anything - but was known to love a drink.

My own sister is baffled -I can tell.
                      She'll say : "Jesus where's the real A*** - what did you do with her "? joking.
                      Christmas day was a revelation to me & them. A big 'test' I took & passed.
                      I could see she was waiting for me to be .... a bore -I wasn't.....:yay:
                      You know, people probably talked behind my back about my drinking, so I guess I can cope with them doing the same about my not drinking. The undrunk bore - I refuse to be one; I guess that at the moment I overcompensate and am loud and sober when I feel uncomfortable, but think that will quiet down over time.

Comment

Any techies out there - is this any good ?
                        Hipstreet 9” Android Tablet

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1606135 wrote: You know, people probably talked behind my back about my drinking, so I guess I can cope with them doing the same about my not drinking. The undrunk bore - I refuse to be one; I guess that at the moment I overcompensate and am loud and sober when I feel uncomfortable, but think that will quiet down over time.
                          :goodjobreamster

Comment

Good morning you lot.

Everyone in the house fast asleep not due to the drink :H

Off for a New Years Day race!

Comment

Morning Anon-a-whizz - enjoy the race; so glad you're here to try to balance out the Army's skiving contingent; uphill battle that, I know!

Comment

Morning army and happy new year.:band2::cupajoe:. Woke up to grey sky and rain I would rather trade places with Mario lol. Slept till 8.30 and tink I went asleep about 1am. Great to wake up without a hangover and remember the evening tho it was just a quiet night in front of tv with the cats. I could have called to a neighbours but she was having a few drinks and I just didn't want to be in a drinking atmosphere. I started my antibuse 2 days ago as I want to succeed this year and get a plan going. Not much planned here either except a walk later if the rain eases and isn't too heavy. I'm low in milk so will have to venture out:H. Have a good new years day. Nice mugs dreamy I think I will have another coffee.

Comment

Working...
                                X