One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama, yes the house sold quick. It's in pretty good shape. An investment company bought it Cash! They will do a little tweaking and sell it! Hubby is on his way home with a truck full of their stuff, that we will put I storage until our oldest daughter, deb will use when she gets married in May.
    Dottie my Lucy was sick like that a month ago. It got so bad she couldn't walk. Took her to the vet. They hydrated her and gave her some anti nausea stuff. She was good as new, hope puppy feels better

Comment

Hey Liz. YAY for cash, but for sad reason.
      Home from work and eating home made chili.
      Overall a god, but, as usual, busy day at work. No drama today, thank heavens
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi everyone,

There are so many going through difficult, heartbreaking life events but everyone is making it through the best they can. I guess this thread is a testament that time never stands still. Keep on keeping on folks!

I'll wave as I'm flying over Mama.
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Tomorrow I am going to glue myself here and catch up with everyone. :l

So stressful now and have just been crashing when I get home. Tomorrow I am going to stay awake to catch up.

Love & hugs to everyone. Sounds like some hard times for some. Been thinking today that next month is going to be a year that my Dad has passed. Hard to get my head around. :upset:
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yep Nora I get that..end of this month mother will be gone 5 years...hard to believe...found some pictures last night of her as a child with my grandmother...so strange to look at them...I am glad she put who was in the picture on the back or I wouldn't have known who they were..shame I have no one to pass them on to...but glad I have them to look at.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I know what you're saying Dottie, I have a lot of family heirloom stuff but never married, no kids, and no one to send it down to. I hate the thought it shows up at some kind of garage sale when I'm gone but no else seems to want it. Time doesn't stand still, it's a difficult pill to swallow but all I can do is accept it.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Good Morning Loves
                At work trying to get a start on my day
                Nora...has it been a year? Seems like yesterday
                I do have children, so I don't have any words of wisdom about family heirlooms. My SIL is really into ancestry.com, so maybe you could see if there is a distant family member you never knew about? A distant niece or nephew? SIL has found out some pretty cool stuff about Nana and Pop's heritage. There were some CRAZIES in our family!!
                Feeling pensive this morning about some work issues. Nothing serious...I am just always being pushed to do more with less, and as the leader , I have to present corporate demands in a positive light. One of my peeps is pissing and moaning and while I listen respectfully, at the end of the day he needs to get with the program or hit the road. And then there is always Drama Queen Bri.....sigh.
                Oh well, everything is fine in the big scheme of things.
                Nora.....you better start talking or I am coming out there.......
                Early Morning hugs to Dottie, Pauly, Liz, K9, Nora, Allswell, Caper, FT (where are you??), Gettin', Juja, Nurdle, Kradle...and anyone I may have forgotten.

Comment

:Ah your good with all the names mama! I'm home again today, yay! getting ready for Debbie's 27th birthday tomorrow! Balloons and cake, she's still my little girl:heart:
                  Just spoke to hubby, he's on the rode with the truck. He's in southern jersey and should be home in about 2 hours. He and his brother left Florida noon yesterday and drove through the night. Guess who's playing checkers this weekend
                  Enjoying a cup of coffee and some quiet time with little Lucy before the chaos of the day
                  Talk to you later

Comment

yHey all,Happy B-day to your daughter Liz,jeez im feeling lazy this morn,i was sneezing my ass off last nite i hope Louie doesnt get sick,i try to keep my distance but he always wants to sit on my lap,little turd,shoot listen to this,Louie hates eating so the other day i was trying to feed him some potatoes he kept shaking his head no,so i squashed up a peanut butter cup and mixed it with the potatoes he ate it all! its not healthy but its also not healthy for him to not eat,my daughter puts his baby food in his bottle to sneak it in,ah what to do with this baby?gonna go get ready for work,try and make it through,have a good one guys
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Off to look at the clogged pipe at rental house. Major pain in the arse.....still thinking about selling...gotta figure a way out of the lease...gals school is out in May so thought I might work around that....gotta think on this a little.
                      Back later.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning......Ok it's time to go on a diet. Here's my pyramid.......ha! Good Luck. Tony
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi All!

Liz - Lucky you with your upcoming checkers tournament. Please tell us how it goes. People like me need to live through people like you!

Pauly - I say do whatever it takes to get that little bugger to eat Maybe next time try plain peanut butter mixed in there. Does he like oatmeal with cinnamon or honey on it? Wow I guess I am hungry thinking of all this food. lol

Nora - I cannot believe it's been a year...wow that went fast. We are thinking of you :l

Mama - What is drama queen up to these days? Anymore hangovers lately? You mentioned that she wanted to join this site...does that mean she knows she may have a problem?

Hope everyone has a great day...I'll just say Ditto to everyone Mama said hi to! :h

p.s. I love your food pyramid Tony...now that's what I'm talkin' about!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey Looney Birds
                            I think I want pizza for lunch...wonder why
                            Shoot Pauly - my kids ate everything in sight, so I ma not a good one to give advice there.
                            K9 - when I hired Bri, I had no idea I would be raising her too. She has so many issues. She knows she has problems ......weed, booze, anger. Add to that a lack of education, SUPER dysfunctional family, redneck hillbilly attitude.....doesn't read, doesn't watch the news....
                            anyhoo.....I guess I am the maternal figure in her life now. Some days that is fine and others, it's not so fine. It is what it is....
                            and I will NEVER let her join here (if I can help it) coz this is MY safe place....period!!
                            call me selfish....don't care.
                            YAY FOR CHECKERS!!! As long as one of us is playing, then I reckon as a collective family we are good, right?? And I make a huge deal out of EVERY birthday!!
                            Dottie - is it a frozen pipe?? My laundry room at work flooded yesterday due to a pipe busting from the overnight freeze. Fun, fun!!
                            off to scrounge for some lunch.....

Comment

Mama I can totally picture Bri...it's funny, I had a coworker at my last company that was exactly like that. In fact I think she was one year older than me, but I had to "guide" her through life. She seemed so young and naive, but tried to come off as a bad ass. She was so gullible you could tell her the sky was green and she'd have to go check. Plus I always told her she needed a filter between her brain and her mouth, you can't just shout out whatever you want. One time she told the CEO of our billion-dollar company that he needed to remind the supervisors to send their secretary's a gift on administrave professionals day. Plus she would always get drunk at our "team meetings" where the champagne flowed. I swear I babysat that woman for 5 years. I don't know how many Administrative meetings we sat through where I had to tell her to dial it down a notch. I don't remember "babysitter" being in that job description! Oh wait yes I do...but only for the Managers, not my equals. LOL I did it for the benefit of the group...she could potentially embarrass us all. And I have no idea what she's doing these days, probably stripping.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

mama bear;1610293 wrote:
                                Early Morning hugs to Dottie, Pauly, Liz, K9, Nora, Allswell, Caper, FT (where are you??), Gettin', Juja, Nurdle, Kradle...and anyone I may have forgotten.
                                ME :upset: I'm the little one waving from an upside down land far, far away.

Nora, I can't believe it's been a year either. Thinking of you hon. Remember you're not alone in this, we're all here holding your hands. :h

Enjoy the birthday and whatever else the weekend holds in store Lizann.
                                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X