One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mama woohoo on the checkers...I vaguely remember that game...sigh.....
    feckits are here right now. bored, tired, cold. dh is a bummer lately....no checkers either...
    no wine in the house so that is a good thing..eating cashews. I just need to get out and do something...got hair done and that was good but I really wanted to go somewhere tonight....just hate this time of year .......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

we were wayching a movie and relaxing and Hubs rolled over and grabbed me. I said WTH?? And he said if the plumbing is working, we better take advantage of it!! True story. Poor Hubs has been under so much stress with his father and all, that sometimes plumbing doesn't cooperate. And that's fine with me. I adore him (most days) any way I can get him!
      AL was calling my name tonight, but I made it home. I am pooped from a crazy day, and watching poor Bri suffer all day reminded oh how miserable it makes us.
      Off to watch "The L Word" on Netflix and think of K9!! Haha.....it's actually really good.
      Will check in later and I hope Pauly and Nora are ok
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Way to go Mama! I'm glad the plumbing is in tip top shape! Say hi to the gals on The L Word for me! :l
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

So sorry Pauly for what happened.

Does checkers have some other meaning around here? I guess I'm the last one to know, no surprise there.

I think I know now but who the hell came up with checkers? Getting stacked one on top of the other maybe? The 4 feet was a good visual K9, thanks for that.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Can't believe I am sitting on a Fri night with peppermint tea cruising the boards. Oh, and I bought a beginner's knitting book today. I read and do Netflix but wanted something else to look forward to in the evening.

K9, I started Sons of Anarchy. They sure do drink a lot! I find the show somewhat offensive, but there is also something about the story line that draws me in. I switch between that and Suits, wealthy NY lawyers. Talk about opposites. But then I've loved a lot of the darker shows as in Dexter, The Following, Ray Donovan. Anyway, just wanted to say I think of you and wondered if watching them drink all day & night bothered you.

Life sober isn't all it's cracked up to be. Unexplained bumps and bruises? Ya, well what about tea kettle cover slipping and you spill hot water all over hand! Just kidding, folks. Am loving going to bed sober even more than waking up not hungover.

TMH
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Ok, so I just informed my husband that everyone on MWO is getting to play checkers... :ey:

To which after a moments thought he replys..'But you don't know how to play checkers....do you? ' ...... I'm doomed... :hitme:

Pauly, I'm so sorry sweetie. :l I'm heading over to Mary's Desk for a tissue :h
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

LOL kradle.....we are doomed for sure....
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie Belle;1607541 wrote: LOL kradle.....we are doomed for sure....
                  :H

Maybe I should dress up like the History Channel, Dottie

Comment

Me 2.....that would get his attention....r we married to the same guy??
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Ha!! :H
                      A few months ago I would have said yes until I saw an interview with a big, hunky football player whose name I can't remember and he said his favorite thing to do off the field was to come home and plop down in front of the TV and watch The History Channell or Ken Burns or something equally as ...scary...

Sigh..... :no:

Comment

Hey - To My Health. Good to see you.

Ok - I keep dreaming about checkers. You can stop rubbing it in now, Mama. :H

Therapist in the morning, then the gym (or jim), then going to clean the house. Time to get my act together. :thanks:
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

mama bear;1607335 wrote: DID YALL HEAR I SAID I PLAYED CHECKERS??????
                          Sweetie - everyone in Australia heard you! But congratulations!!!!! How many times did you make it to the end of the board? And more importantly, if you didn't make it to the end of the board at the same time, I hope Papa Bear let you win!! :H

ALLSWELL: I think the basic idea is that checkers is just what two people play when they're stuck inside and are bored with playing.. ummm... checkers.

paulywogg;1607377 wrote: Hey all,i sit here this morning feeling sick as a dog i stupidly drank yesterday,feels like im always taking the easy way out,but then its not really easy is it?i just wanted to escape for a bit,hubs is pissed cuz i puked all over the downstairs bathroom and he sent me to bed and cleaned it up,not a fun escape after all
                          I'm so sorry Pauly. I guess this has been building up for you for a while now you poor love. I hope you can move on now and start again. :h

K9Lover;1607443 wrote:

Ok...now that I spent 2 weeks dying to get my hair cut, now I'm dying for it to grow out. I was going for Halle Berry and turned out Lesbian. No offense to anyone
                          Maybe you should go with it K9, anything that doubles your chances for a checkers opponent can't be all bad

Hugs to Nora, Kradle, Dottie, Liz, Caper and all my other lovely friends.

PS - it was 37c by 7 am this morning and has been about 40 most of the day. It is bloody HOT!!!!!
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

GM Magical Sheila and the rest of you loons
                            Welcome To My Health
                            Up early for some reason...maybe coz I went to bed sober????YAY!!
                            Nora....get to the jim and let us know what the therapist says. Lord knows I could use some free therapy.
                            COffe and quiet time before the house wakes up

Comment

Everyone has homework tonight....
                              turn off the History Channel and jump on those men......

Comment

Haha mama, my man is I. Florida, probably watching the history channel!
                                Kradle, are you German?
                                Aww Pauly, hope you're feeling better.
                                Not much on the agenda for today. My dad's coming by to fix the tiles in the shower. I will run on the treadmill and then maybe dinner out later with my son. Happy Saturday all.

Comment

Working...
                                X