• Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - January 2014

damn work.....won't let us have any fun
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

So someone gets on K9's back about a funny (sorry to offend anyone) comment like that? Sheesh, I wish I had that poster's problems.

Dottie and I are in the same town and I'm freezing my ass off at the mo!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

cold here too!
        Just ate and gonna watch a litttle football.
        Go Noles!

Comment

MAMA, I'm screaming at the girls and interjecting GO NOLES!! It's okay; they think crazy anyway.

We'll I loved your lesbian comment, K9 I guess our mystery date has never watched a Rita Rudner or Deimnis Miller comedy routine.....

Dottie- I guess no skiing in 20 below...:Lyon give me something to think about though as far as selling my rental....it can be a big Pita....

All swell, sorry your freezing too! Here's a hug :l

Pauly that is awesome at hubs boss is possibly helping with a lawyer. You were worried he might loose his job but that sounds pretty secure to me.

Nora how are you sweetie? Are you still skyping ?

Had out first therapy session tonight with Mathieu. holy Cow what a difference in that child...still processing everything he said but it was....very encouraging. Geez I miss him...
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Since you all are apparently dying to know who sent this message to K9, I'll confess. This is what I wrote to her, "I probably shouldn't send this.. it's not that I am a lesbian and that I'm angry about your comment, but I do sympathize with anyone who does get locked into or generalized by their color... ethnic background ... religious beliefs...sexual preference.. foreign accent.... or by something as superficial as a hairstyle.." Obviously, you all feel that her comment was hysterically funny and of no big consequence. That's fine; you are who you are and you all have to live with yourselves. But I felt that it was just a cheap shot for a couple of laughs. The same kind of comment that has been bandied out for years about Jews who are "cheap" or about blacks who are "lazy" or the Irish who are "drunks" or about anyone group who has been stereotyped for the rest of our amusement. Peace.

Comment

I have to jump in on this one Caper, I think when you compare K9's lighthearted comments to the plight of German Jews and racism in America you have taken things to the hypersensitive level. Sorry, I don't agree but we don't need drama on this thread, one of the great things about Nora's space is it's always been drama free. Please PM if you like.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Peace Caper.....

I do understand where you are coming from. Absolutely. I agree with categorizing someone. 1000% It is an awful thing to do.

But, I do realize that K9 was just kidding. I've had a lesbian friend mention that she didn't want a dyke haircut. We both laughed. It was a silly joke.

The thing is that I have family/friends that are gay/lesbian. And they have made jokes like that. They know that I love them dearly. But, we laugh at each other. I've had a road trip with someone and we laughed so hard that I couldn't breath. And lots of the comments were not 'politically correct'. Goodness knows that they made enough jokes about me - blonde, klutzy, etc. Hilarious.

I'm really sorry there was a disagreement here. But, I just watched a very dear friend of mine get attacked on facebook because of a very funny but sarcastic comment he made. He tried to apologize and a couple people just tore into him. He was kidding.

So, I do understand where you are coming from Caper. But, I also realize that K9 was making a joke.

Hugs Caper.......:l
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora... your comment to your friend.. and my own to a lesbian friend of mine last Saturday over lunch that she needed to cut her hair - she just didn't look lesbian enough with her long hair. She should go more for that "pineapple head" look. You guys laughed; my friend and I laughed. That's fine; I have no problem with that. But this is a "public" venue... albeit, it's "your" space.... but this is still a forum where someone browsing here might easily be offended. And I still say that people should always try to be considerate rather than going for a cheap laugh.

Comment

:l:h:l:h

Love you K9!
                    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

Well, there you go.... what more can I say?

Comment

The hugs and hearts were for all of you!!!
                        It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                        Mother Theresa

Comment

Mama that's really sad about your Pop. I'm sure your Nana doesn't mean to be thoughtless but it's hard that his dignity isn't being protected, and very hard for you all trying to pretend it's not happening.

Dottie and Allswell - my son came home this morning from Steamboat Springs, where he had a couple of days last week snowboarding in temps of -20. Thanks goodness he arrived today when the temp has dropped a bit from the 110 it was here last weekend to about 90. This sounds like a bad science fiction movie, but it was so hot here that thousands of bats have died from the heat and there's a real problem trying to rescue any babies they may have in their pouches. They were literally falling out of the sky by the hundreds. It's so sad!
                          Heatwave decimates flying fox colonies

Pauly, I'm so glad your husband's boss seems to be supporting him. That must be a good sign! Now, try to put this out of your head until you need to think of it again, OK?

And Kradle, I'm SO glad Matt seems to be doing well.

Love you all heaps! :h :h :h
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good Morning
                            Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. That being said, we are fun-loving bunch of goofs that pick and make fun. K9 and I are really good at being sarcastic. I have K9's back on this one.:h
                            And to put it in perspective, my father in law is dying in front of my eyes, Nora and Pauly are both having a hard time. Kradle's son is far, far away and in a battle for the rest of his life, Sierra is/was having a meltdown, Dottie is dealing with her dad in a home and trying to rent his house, Caper had her mother taken away from her.....so I am ignoring the petty stuff going on here, and choosing to find joy and laughter with my virtual friends. That includes you Caper. You have always been honest and blunt and that's fine with me.
                            That being said....
                            THE SEMINOLES WON LAST NIGHT AND NO ONE IS GOING TO SPOIL MY HAPPY MOOD.:goodjob::h
                            Glass... I am glad your baby made it home.
                            I have been worrying about FT.......where are you????

Comment

Good Morning ! "What a game Mama !" Thrilling as can be.........
                              Well...taking down the Christmas Dec. today. I'ts always depressing.....one of my kids is back in Great Lakes, Ill. doing his Navy thing. My daughter will be leaving in a week to Grenada to finish off her 2nd semester at Vet College. With the highs come the lows. That's the way life is. Hope everyone is coping. Tony
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

I know you are missing your kids Tony....hugs

Comment

Working...
                                X