One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dottie Belle;1611359 wrote: think it multiplies in the dark room..
    Is even the laundry playing checkers now?
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Liz and Dottie - huge hugs for what you are going/have been through. And the same for Nora and Mama. :l :l :l

My parents are still very healthy (in the next couple of weeks my Dad is turning 80 and Mum will be 78) but it breaks my heart even thinking about what lies ahead for us one day. And I'm very conscious that 'one day' could be tomorrow. The other thing that makes me very sad is that they've pretty much been together since Dad pulled Mum's pigtails when he was sitting behind her in the cinema in 1948 (they were 12 and 14) and their world still revolves around each other so God only knows how whichever one is left behind will cope.
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

But on a brighter note, in 11 days it will be my 1st anniversary as a Stepper!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ml#post1448714

My goodness, whatever would you have all done if I hadn't taken that fateful step? (pun intended) :H :h :H

Comment

YAY Glass!
          Yes, it is hard watching your parents die. As a Mom I try to keep it in perspective and be thankful it's not one of my precious boys.
          Sheets changed, laundry done, vaccumed the house, did dishes and now I am flopping.
          I think we are going to see American Hustle at the movies tonight.
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

And also, I love popping in to this when I'm having a crap time at any time of the day or night

Pharrell Williams - 24 hours of Happy:

Comment

My goodness you're a busy little bunyip, Mama.

Hmmm, and you probably don't know what a bunyip is either. Gosh - you other side of the world folk, I don't know [shakes head in dismay].

Comment

Good afternoon peeps,
                Sorry for the brief msg the other day but just wanted to let you all know I was ok.
                I am home after a wonderful week in NY, yes I did wonder when I got there and stepped out of the terminal having left 80's temp to arrive in 30's and then the huge snow storm arrived....WTF was I thinking.
                BUT this did allow us to spend quality time together, talk, snuggle, play checkers almost every day and we are getting pretty good at it after not playing for so long. It was difficult to leave but we are already working on a plan to meet again....
                Hope every one had a great new years and by reading some of the stories sounds like they were interesting - right mama?
                Wishing everyone a great continued weekend as my son and I now fight to dispose of this nasty pest that seems to have bedded us down... darn this is nasty.
                FT
                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hi FT,glad to hear from you,you guys im so dumb out of desperation to be able to breathe i took a stupid mucinex this morning,ugh my hearts racing! Only a couple more hours til it wears off,i didnt think itd be a big deal cuz ive taken it before for just one day no prob,this is shit!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey everyone......

Glass - you make me laugh. :H I just had to look up bunnyip. Still laughing about your fake penis under the bed. ROTFL

I've been busy all day. Saw my Psych - went grocery shopping, pulled some dead plants out of the planter (and stabbed myself on a thorn :upset, laundry, dishes and more.
                    Told the psychiatrist how well I had been doing and did well off the antabuse for awhile. Then had a bad period. She mentioned being sure to have the AB for when I start feeling fragile and take it in the morning before I leave the house. Such a simple thing......but, I need to pay attention to that. Anyway, I see her again in April and she wants me to have my liver enzymes checked before I see her. So, just stay on the AB for now.

Well - we're getting free HBO & Cinemax this weekend so back to my movies.

Love & hugs..........
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1611414 wrote: But on a brighter note, in 11 days it will be my 1st anniversary as a Stepper!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ml#post1448714

My goodness, whatever would you have all done if I hadn't taken that fateful step? (pun intended) H
                      Glass this is absolutely OUTSTANDING!! :yay:: And you kept that Dark, didn't you! I'm so proud and yes, so glad you here. You help me so much this Journey. And I think your Bunyip might be a bit like our Snipe- a mythical creature that unsuspecting, rather 'gullible' people are lured into hunting.....am I close?

Liz, what can I say? Your're going through the fire without a glass of wine in your hand:goodjob:. I wish I could have said the same...I had bottles in my hands. My parents house is still crumbling
                      back in Providence, RI- My childhood home. My husband went in Late one night while he was back East on business and gathered up items I was asking for on the phone...it was absolutely surreal. But now, almost 5 years later, it all seems like a strange distant memory and my time with my parents stands out brighter!

Dottie I loved your laundry multiplying in the Dark...like Tribbles...

Pauly, didn't we all warn you to stay away from the Mucinex, young lady. Don't make me fly down there and flush it!

Mama, please come help me clean.....I promise good gossip....

Today was strange but no one threw up which was nice. I still haven't posted about Matt...between being so ill and then bringing the girls hither and yon...we'll. suffice to say we are making progress and DH and I fly out to Arizona end of February for Parents weekend. I can't tell you how much I a looking forward to meeting other people with kids like Matt. That may sound awful but honestly - dealing with an ODD child can get as lonely as drinking myself to death...worse actually....

FT so happy to see you back but now that your occupied with all those games of checkers...umm...do you think you can loan me some greatest flyer miles?? Alaska flies direct to Phoenix...

Love you all...going to clean Now! :l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Nora, just saw your post, sweetie. Good job on the AB And I'm getting to see your counselor...if I ever get health insurance (I'd rather pay the damn fine...:durn: ) that will be my first Drs visit!
                        Love you:l

And Dream you crack me up! :H Seems Everything's playing Checkers but me!
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Good Sunday morning everyone ! Monkey shines for all today........Ha! Tony
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good Morning Loves
                            FT...so good to see you...and always good to see crazy Tony and his monkeys
                            think I am going to be lazy today...if I can....I have to mentally prepare for Sunday dinner with Nana and Pop...sigh
                            Kradle, I have been looking for your post about Matt......thought maybe I had missed it....glad to know you get to see him
                            Nora...you sound better, love.
                            Bunyip...must google that one
                            I still use 'knob kockey" that you taught me, Glass!!
                            off to find the coffee pot
                            Pauly.....Mucinx is the devil......BAD GIRL
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey guys,Mama i know i had hubs toss it! Kradle i totally agree on just paying the fine,so many people i talk to just cannot afford obamacare,it was totally misrepresented when the election was going on as alot of things are,ive had too many lazy nights this week being up in my room watching movies while sick,poor hubs and family are neglected,and adding to the list of stress here,my oldest daughter is a heavy spice smoker i think weve talked about this before,anyways she wants to move to washington with this new druggie looking boyfriend,i think that stuff is making her crazy,she had the titles to all of our cars in her car,dunno if she was trying to pull a loan or what,she worx but spends all of her money on spice and club clothes so shes always broke and needing gas money,will the drama ever end?im scared if she moves up there shell end up homeless,she knows no one except weirdo new boyfriend,ugh,hope everyone has a good sunday,well see how mine goes
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE all,
                                Kradle I always wanted a tribble....thought they were so cute...and u are not the only one not in the checkers game....drat.....
                                Off to dinner with some folks from the train club...nice folks my age...not sure if they will be drinking but I will NOT....they don't know whether I drink or not so should not be any issue at all..
                                NO mucinex for me either...bad stuff....made m heart race...bleh..
                                Happy Sunday!!
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X