One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House of Cards, Dexter, Mad Men and Lillehamer are all on my "to watch" list!

I may add The "L" Word....but watch that at home only! I notice people looking at my iPad when I am at the gym, I don't want to scare anyone. Of course they could try NOT being so nosy, but that won't happen. LOL
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

crazy busy today.......
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Back from St. Pete FL, hard to come back actually. Sunny and 75 as the song goes and it was beautiful and had a great time. Will return in a couple of months when the friends I visited get married. Dang, why is the grass always greener elsewhere. I guess because it was sunny and 75 and now that I'm back home it's wet and pretty shitty.
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I am glad you had fun Alls. St Pete has some really pretty beaches.
          Just looking at all the gorgeous gowns from last night..I am a fashion junkie.
          I tell hubs that I KNOW I was a princess in another life......
          I am such a dork.

Comment

You're a Princess in this life too Mama!

Alls - I guess I shouldn't tell you it's about 77 degrees outside here right now.

I just went down my list of bills to see what I can cut back on...I downgraded my cable since I do most of my watching on my iPad...I got rid of a few features on my cellphones, and I asked to lower my payments on a loan...their answer was to not pay and to go into collections then work out a payment plan...um...no. That's the BANK'S advice??? Nice.

One more hour then off to meet Jim. I gotta add some weights into my workout, as much as I dread them.

Have a great night everyone!

Comment

Hi folks it's my first ever post.ill declare myself first, I'm a retired family doctor from the north of England .i was in multiple active addiction for 25 years until November 7 2012 which was the date of my last drink and psychoactive drug.i went into a treatment facility and now attend 4 A A meetings a week.so why am I here you may ask?well I hope to to share my experience of hope and strength with you all. I also have been taking baclofen for 7 months.you might say its giulding the Lilly or hedging my bets but the increased cognitive and increased insight is very illuminating.any feedback?

Comment

Quality recovery with a total change in attitude and changing to living life the right way is attainable to us all as long as honesty openmindedness and willingness are present

Comment

Hey -

If The L Word has an actual script and good acting, then I would love to watch it. It wasn't the sex on my 'skinimax' but the stiff sex and bad acting. Oh - and I didn't mean stiff like that either. :H

K9 - I need to go see jim bad!!!! I'm hunting for ways to lower bills too.

Dottie - glad you had a great time.

Is tonight Kradle's family therapy meeting?

I have got to get caught up with everyone. Sending love & hugs. Had a crappy day and think it's an early night for me.

Love & hugs...........
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora- Yes we just finished.

I want to digest it for a bit and then write about it on my thread. I know I said I would do that about Mathieu last week and then didnt but...well, writing this stuff out is ALOT harder than I thought it would be. I feel totally tongue tied by the end of it...but I will say that this is probably the most productive therapy I have ever been a part of...and to think it only took loosing my own child to get it......

love you all, I'll catch up in a bit :l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Love you Kradle. You take your time. I've been thinking about you. So sorry I missed your call the other day. :h:h
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

yay kradle....I am interested to read your post
                        Nora...the acting and story line are VERY good....
                        Hi Clive
                        it's pouring rain and pitch black here
                        I went to bed early last night with sinus headache and woke up with one....I swear Florida is the only state with pollen in January...argh

Comment

Im BACCCKKKK...Did a stint in IP rehab, now going to intense OP therapy. Been a little rough, but I am hanging in there. Learning a lot about myself. Been reading back trying to catch up to where everyone is at.
                          AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Yay gettins back!!!! how was it?just a quick hi to everybody in a rush this morn
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Emotionally it was rough. My body is adjusting to new meds as well. I am on Paxil, Trazodone, and Antabuse. I am surprised how incredibly tired I am. I had the flu, recovered, and today woke-up with 102 fever and congested. I think it is my body adjusting to my new lifestyle. I was pretty run down. Even with a broken immune system, I feel much better than before. Cried lots of tears in rehab. Hope you all are doing good.
                              AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Welcome back Gettin! And a brand new welcome to Clive!

Kradle :l Thinking of you. Your girls are just too adorable! I'm glad you had a good session...I'm looking forward to catching up on Mathieu. Love you!

Gosh, everyone is sick or border-line sick...I hope you all feel better soon! I had that nasty cold and it lasted like a week. I am still blowing my nose nonstop, but I feel much better.

Sierra started home schooling yesterday, seems like it's going to work out great. She's so smart that I'm not even needed in the equation. She's almost halfway done with the work and she has like 10 more days to complete it. Her therapist is really pushing for her to go see a psychiatrist...the thing is there is only one in our small town, and they mostly take people with no insurance who are on government assistance. So once again, I am getting screwed for being middle class. Hopefully I can get her in there someday...but money will be a factor (as usual).

My date with Jim was brutal last night, I did some weights then one hour on the treadmill. I am sore and stiff today...oh, and down one pound. 10 years ago I would be down 30 pounds with the same amount of effort. Getting old is great! LOL

I'd love a rainy day now and then Mama, my water bill is sooo high that I turned my sprinklers off...my backyard is beautiful dirt.

Hope yall have a good day, I will catch up more later :h

Comment

Working...
                                X