One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin - so glad you are back and SO HAPPY that you are doing so well. I hope the tiredness passes right away.

Speaking of tired.....I'm so exhausted that I'm heading to bed early again. Still thinking that we might drive up to see Scott this weekend. It's about a 7 hour drive though so to drive up Saturday and drive home Sunday is going to be really tiring. We shall see.

Catch you all tomorrow. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Getting, I didn't know you had checked yourself in. I'm so proud of you. :l I went to op many years who and I wish I had just absorbed what was happening and stopped.

We'll done but am so glad you're back! :h
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Good morning. Gettin what is involved with intense outpatient therapy? Do they try and get to the root of why? Do they tell you how to deal with cravings?
        So the closing for in laws house is today and I'm choking back the tears. I'm having a harder time dealing with this than I thought I would. Hubby is caught up in the heaps of paperwork but it is suddenly very real.
        I think I will try shopping in a bit. I should clean but I need outta here. The thought of al has entered my mind but it actually kinda turns my stomach, which by the way is only marginally better than last night.
        Ok my friends your mission for today is to say something funny and get me laughing. Thanks for letting me vent. I'll be staying close today.

Comment

MAE all,
          Getting my hair trimmed again today..the K9 affect....no not that short...
          Cold again here..a little snow flying but still OK to go out. 26F....bbbbrrrr but it is winter in Ohio...
          Feeling better..hope they get the thyroid test results back this week...I want to see what is going on...always something...
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

The K9 Effect :H At least it's just the hair so far and I haven't led you astray in other areas (yet). HA

Gettin - Those damn druggies...ruined your pizza night! It's sad that they have to be so suspicious of everyone, but it DOES happen. I have watched enough jail/prison shows to know that nobody is beyond suspicion when it comes to smuggling in the contraband. Some people even plant the drugs on their little kids. Now that is messed up. I'm so proud of you for doing what you need to do! :l

Liz :l Hang in there. I was trying to come up with a funny story, but obviously I don't do well when I'm put on the spot...my stories usually just come out randomly. I will work on it though

Any checkers lately? Come on...we need to know!

Mama - Damn you and your delicious food! I am one stinkin' pound away from where I was the day I broke my foot....so now I just have the 20 pounds to go. What a setback that was, but I guess it could have been worse!

Oh and I'm totally off coffee...switched to some exotic tea called Yerba Mate....it's suprisingly good and it keeps the pipes clean. LOL

Nora, Kradle, Pauly, Dottie, FT, Tony and all...have a great Hump Day!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

How in the F can you people exist with caffeine??
              I always tease Nana about buying caffeine-free, diet cola......what's the point???
              How can we make Liz laugh?? Let me see.......
              My pants came home from the drycleaners with a hole in the crotch. I texted hubs and told him. He asked me who was trying to get in there. I responded....."Sadly, no one...."
              Are you laughing yet??
              And to make it worse I have on bright YELLOW granny panties and you can see them when I stand just right.
              You may be laughing now or feeling a wee bit sick to your stomach......
              Getting - enjoy that K9 hairdo....your ears will freeze off.....
              Nora....when in the heck is Scott coming home??? How is his daddy??
              In all seriousness........WELCOME HOME GETTING!!!!
              and hugs to everyone else
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Lovin' the yellow granny-panty image Mama! I hope you are posing in just the right way to show them off. :grannypants: How is Bri today? Any stories for us?

I wish caffeine had some sort of effect on me, but it doesn't!! I just need something warm and kinda sweet in the morning. See how easy to please I am? LOL :H

Comment

warm and sweet ....sounds like me!!! HAHAH
                  Bri is actually behaving these days....sorry to disappoint!!

Comment

You guys are the best, great comments and made me smile... Thanks
                    FT
                    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

HEY FT...you OK?
                      you sound down.....

Comment

Hey everybody,well i happen to like granny panties not the all the way up to your belly button ones but definitely full coverage in the back,no more thong th th thong thongs for this chick(member that song)anyways hope everyones doing good today,Liz i know its hard,hang in there its funny you say the thought of al makes you sick to your tummy,me too i wish that feeling could last forever,frozen pizza for dinner,i bought one thats cheese crust filled,im ashamed at how excited pizza gets me!! hubs is burnt out on it cuz i hafta have it once a week(pizza not checkers)haha so i buy him this chicken bacon ranch one thats pretty good,have a good rest of the day peeps
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Btw Mama,i agree on the caffiene i wouldnt be able to function without nice steady doses throughout the day,im pissed cuz me and Kellie are trying to quit smoking but everytime i make that pact i smoke MORE,what a weirdo
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You did it mama! You got me laughing!
                            Played some checkers today to cheer hubby up. I took one for the team! Went shopping, amazing what a little shopping will do for moral, bought a dressy dress for the cruise. made some delicious cauliflower soup. Yeah I know it sounds weird but a girl from work made it and brought some in Monday. It was amazing, so I made it today! Easy and healthy. Comfort food. Took Lucy for a walk outside, nice and warm actually. Now just watching some I dream of Jeannie till hubby comes home from work. Thanks for your support. I made it through with al!

Comment

Lizann;1613586 wrote: I made it through with al!
                              I'm sure you meant "without"! :l Great job! Sounds like you had a great day...from checkers to dog walking to soup! YAY!!!

Oh Mama, you are my dose of sweet and warm every single day...not sure what I'd do without you! :h

Speaking of warm weather, it is 82 degrees today! I swear it feels like summer! I went home and opened the door from my bedroom to the backyard (as a hint for the dogs...)...left it open to get some fresh air...now I will be chasing flies all night probably.

I am on the hunt for a psychiatrist for Sierra/Adina/WHN...I think I may have found one. The first one I found does not accept insurance and costs $350 for the initial 90 minute session. I said "Next". I cannot front that bill!

Pauly - I am on day 4 of no smoking. I have been down this road SO MANY times before, so I'm not too excited yet. LOL

Comment

Good job K9......if WHN needs help, we gotta find it for her
                                Liz...I would love that recipe....please share! and YAY...checkers for the team!!
                                my boys are all doing Adkins to try and lose weight, and I am having a hard time with dinner....I may just cook for myself and they can fend for themsleves> I get annoyed that I work so hard and walk in and they all look at me and want dinner.....hubs is usually great about helping, but the boys are helpless....grrrrrr
                                Some of the frozen pizzas are really good Pauly
                                it's 40 here and dropping.....Bret will not turn on the heat so I am in sweats AND a robe....
                                off to watch some Lesbians....
                                and I need to quit smoking too......I don't smoke much, but I sure do enjoy it. Damn!

Comment

Working...
                                X