One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 degrees? Time to throw some stuff in the backseat and move to California!

I have a visual mind and getting some pretty interesting visuals from some of the posts today. All good!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

mama u crack me up. Liz I would be glad to take one for the team if there weren't equipment failures...dang..
      Got my hair trimmed today and I really think next time I am going shorter..it is so fine and thin that I am not liking it....also if they find any thyroid issues that might explain why it is falling out...don't want to be bald....
      Darn cold with snow flurries today....not liking winter this year...I really think I am colder since there is no wine to warm me up. Anyone else get colder after quitting...
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Beautiful weather today here...mid-60s. Thought wed have a down right brawl at IOP today. One gal showed up stoned outta her freaking mind. Entertaining..LOL
        Liz...I go 2-3 days a week for 3 hrs. It is structured and one of my sessions is family origins to get down to the nitty gritty of why I am perhaps screwed up. The other major group sessions is relapse prevention etc..the other is one on one counseling.
        Mama what lesbians are you watching? CRACKS me up. Im happy you have on underwear...could've been pretty chilly today for ya..
        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

I just had to flip back to make sure I answered the questions...my mind is SH$$..

I stopped antabuse today. I think it maybe the issue for me.

Caffeine free drinks are like AF drinks..why??
          AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Thanks Mama, doing ok...
            I read these pages when I am feeling the downside, just a long day traveling yesterday from Florida to Victorville... Also being away from son and home, it always takes a day or two to get un-tracked.
            Appreciate you checking on me.
            FT
            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

You all have cracked me up today. :H

Dottie - the cold can be related to the thyroid. I know my Mom is always cold & has lost so much hair. Thyroid problems. I also have thyroid problems so you don't always lose your hair but they have a hard time regulating her thyroid.

Alls - head on over here. Sunny Southern California.

K9 - been thinking about you. Why does the therapist want Sierra to see a Psychiatrist? Sorry - I meant Adina. Whoops. My Psychiatrist strictly deals with meds. I am in her office for a total of 5 minutes. Blah, blah, blah. With my insurance that is $40.00.

Mama - I see London, I see France, I see Mama's underpants. :H ROTFL

Pauly - you are sounding good. Frozen pizza for dinner sounds good too. I had a yucky lunch so all food sounds awful right now.

FT - any leads on the job front?

Liz - been thinking about you so much. This has got to be such a hard time. :l I hope you had a laugh today.

Kradle - also been thinking about you so much. Oh my friend.....what you are going thru. Hugs to you sweet lady.

IAD - love having your pop in with your happy thoughts. I need that about now.

Gettin - So glad that things are going better for you. Sounds intense but worth it!!!

No idea when my hubby is coming home. We are not going up there this weekend after all. My son is still sick and now hubby is coming down with something. So, we will continue our long distance relationship.
              Seriously though, it's just a hard situation. Somebody needs to be with his Dad. My husband does not work due to his disability so he has been nominated to stay with his Dad. There are only the two of them - Scott & his sister. Things are just hard right now.

Sorry that I didn't comment on everyone but please know that I'm thinking of you.

Time to curl up with Kindle.

Love & hugs...............
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x post Gettin & FT.

FT - Victorville? You were so close to my area. Well an hour away.

Gettin - hope that helps you feel better. :h
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora,
                  I'm still in Victorville and it's a contract job so it's a start..
                  It gets cold here at night..burr.
                  My best to everyone...
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Morning Loves
                    at work listening to Charlotte Church on Youtube. Gosh, she has the voice of an angel.
                    Despite all my silly raunchiness, I actually was raised well and exposed to the arts. I even got sent to etiquette classes.....if you can believe that!! The point I am trying to make is that I took vocal lessons for years and sang with the symphony, at church, school musicals, weddings, a funeral.....and I LOVE a beautiful voice. Thus Charlotte Church.
                    Anyhoo....it's cold a F here.....30 something I think. I am styling my fake Uggs!!!!
                    Getting....I am watching "The L Word " on Netflix......it is really, really good and we have been discussing it. Between that and K9's questionable new SHORT hair, we have been very disrespectful and disgraceful and have had a blast....
                    Dottie...when do you find out the results of your thyroid test?? My mom has been on Synthroid for years...
                    NEWS FLASH just for K9.....Bri wore make up to work yesterday......OMGEEE.... ( I am so gonna burn in hell for talking about her)

Getting...the kids would come in wasted to some of my sessions.....such disrespect.....and we called them on it too
                    ok...off to eat a bagel and get some work done
                    I love ya'll to the moon and back
                    Nora....I am proud of Scott.....Pop is down to 100 pounds and completely bedridden....we are dealing with bedsores...Hospice is wonderful and Grant is there with him every day.....
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Getting....the AB nearly killed me...
                      And Alls.....you can come hang with me anytime and freeze yourself.......

Comment

Hey all,ugh i dont care for Victorville FT,no wonder Mama thought you were depressed theres just nothing there,Gettin id be kinda pissed off that someone showed up stoned for the meeting,its just rude and disrespectful of everbody there whos trying to get well,there is this coffee creamer callled "vanilla heat"by international delight,you guys gotta try it so good! Louie is such a monkey,i was feeding him so pizza last nite and a piece fell on the floor so i put it far back on the coffee table,next thing i look over hes eating that piece! i dont know how he reached it,strech armstrong i guess,Nora you sound good too,probly feeling lonely as hell though,well off to get ready for work,hope everyones day is good
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post hi Mama
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nora you are so sweet! Dottie got a little chuckle out of your comment. You guys are so good to me!
                            Home again today, I love my days off!
                            Mama the soup is so easy to make. Saut?e onions and garlic. I used like 4 cups water, 4 cups chicken stock. Add cauliflower and one potatoe cut up. I added a pinch of curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are tender. I pur?e the mixture as my kids don't do lumpy. That's it. I did add flour but and milk just to make it creamer. I served with shredded cheddar cheese. So good!
                            Cleaning and laundry on the agenda today. Enjoy your Thursday my friends. I'll check in later

Comment

Mama what do they teach in etiquette class. In my opinion there should be a lot more of that going on. You go girl!

Comment

how to write thank you notes
                                how to fold a napkin and set a table...which forks went where
                                how to walk and sit with your knees together and feet crossed and tucked
                                personal hygiene.....we giggled through that part.... (I was 12)
                                perfect handwriting....script
                                and the big event was....dance classes with BOYS!!! We had to wear gloves...
                                Wow..it all sounds so June Cleaver now and is sorely needed today...I agree....
                                I didn't learn how to act ghetto and hang until I started working managing apartments in the rougher areas of town....my mother would be so proud:H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X