One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,good for you on fighting that feeling FT,if im having a tough time i know if i just get through it tomorrow i feel totally different,my ears are bugging me uh oh,i kept hearing bubbles in them yesterday,its always something with me i swear,pisses me off! hope everyones friday goes good
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

just back from grocery store and Target....gonna flop for a bit
      Hang in there Pauly
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Im pretty sure its just allergies Mama,or a lingering of my cold,huh hubs bought me a mini fridge for 20 bux last week to keep in my room cuz the kids always steal my food,my dirty little mind keeps thinking it woulda been awesome to have back in the day,full of bud lights,i put yogurts and diet pepsi in to squelch that fantasy

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

good job Pauly
          I would love a Bud Light right now, but we know where that leads and I have to work tomorrow, grrrr
          where is everyone??
          K9...is WHN ok?

Comment

I am here mama. Made soup and now watching TV. Did laundry today and cleaned a little..such an exciting life.....
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Threads dead today,where is everybody?probly enjoying life i hopegettin hope youre feeling better

Comment

Popping in My Peole :groupluv:

It is quiet tonight but it's Friday.... Hi dear FT- So well done on leapfrogging the craving. Mam's right- with no one there it is so much harder to stay accountable.

Mama, so sorry you have to work tomorrow! & Sunday! Well, more grist for the Bri Mill maybe....?

Wow Pauy, your own fridge! I would love that but I knwo I'd be keeping ice cream and M&M's in there because at this point, that's what I am craving and the kids go for it like wolves...

Well, home tonight and waiting to go to bed but it's early so...still the girls have their first ski lesson tomorrow up at Snoqulmie ski Summit. I have ot have them at the bus at 7:20am. I was going to go with htem but... I relly need a break. I want a day alone. Sedona is NOT happy but...maybe I'll go next week...

Going to go make tea and curl up on the couch... love you all:h
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Maybe it's quiet because everyone has the winter blues, I know I do. The first thing I do in the morning is look out the window and when I see a bunch of snow it absolutely sucks! Another pounding coming later this week and I ain't talking about checkers folks!
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Cross post Kradle, Happy Friday!
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

12F, I am too cold to move....puppy on my lap...need more dogs on my lap to keep warm. I hate winter!!!!
                      Up early tomorrow. Memorial lunch at church so we are cooking again...too many folks leaving us lately....
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Victorville - enough said.
                        Sorry for anyone that lives in this area but - nope not for me.
                        Midnight and tv stinks, book in works but dozen off,,,,,night all
                        Wow
                        FT
                        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hey lovelies, I finally have a chance to check in again.

This time zone thing is a real PITA – I often have to check the thread from my phone and so never seem able to post at the right time but please know I check in on you all at least once every day. New Year’s Res – I’m going to try and post more often even if it’s random, so if you get weird posts from me at odd times you know why.

Warning: LONG CATCH-UP POST AHEAD

I’ve just come home from a baby shower, followed by my father’s 80th birthday lunch. Both lovely, but talk about one end of the spectrum to the other!

allswell;1614652 wrote: Another pounding coming later this week and I ain't talking about checkers folks!
                          Snort allswell – gee, you’re good at this!

NoraC;1613673 wrote:

Mama - I see London, I see France, I see Mama's underpants. :H ROTFL
                          Nora another snort – unlike us, that one never gets old :H

Welcome back GIRT! Great to see you again and I’m so glad rehab was helpful for you. And I agree you are now our Zen master – I hope you can share any insights you’ve learned. I hope you’re starting to feel better too.

Mama, Mama, Mama, I know I can always rely on you to make me snort too. How many times did you have to practice standing ‘just right’ so you could flash the unsuspecting hordes with your yellow undies? Talking of etiquette lessons, we were laughing about old school stories the other day. We had to wear white gloves and kneel down to have our hems measured from the ground. It had to be no more than about 2” if I recall, or we were in big trouble. If we ever crossed our legs we were obviously going to become prostitutes and therefore got our legs slapped with a ruler (because that’s a well known deterrent from entering the sex industry), and if we were suspected of wearing makeup Mrs Taylor (the science teacher) would take us to the science lab and remove it with chemicals from unmarked containers. I bet there's a whole class action just there! Did you also have to learn to walk with a book on your head? I also remember, from the age of 6 upwards, my father making me painstakingly rewrite drafts of letters to my grandmother and great aunt over and over again. I don’t know what the record was for the number of drafts, but 1000 seems about right.

Kradle, I know you’re really hurting at the moment but please know that we all love and care about you. You are very hard on yourself, and I wish you could see and believe what we all see in you. You’re not only very clever and funny but also very caring and a great mother. Having a child who goes off the rails isn’t a sign of a bad mother, but making the tough choices and the sacrifices you’ve made to get him back on is very much the sign of a good one. I borrowed the Arbinger book on your recommendation and it makes interesting reading! What I’ve read so far is already making me look at people differently.

Pauly – sounds like you’re doing it a bit tough too at the moment. I’m so sorry about your daughter, it must be very worrying for you, you poor love.

K9 – I hope WHN is OK. I’m glad she’s doing well with the home schooling, is she also finding it a positive experience? I was just about to post a link to a fabulous new tea I’ve been drinking and when I searched it brought up a whole lot of news about how it’s been found to have unacceptably high pesticide levels. Oops!

Dottie – I hope you get some answers soon, but I think it’s great that you’re being proactive in terms of both taking responsibility for your own health and also looking at alternatives to medication. Good luck!!

Nora – FT – it would be great to hear that you’ve caught up in real life

Lizann- closure is hard, sweetie. Let yourself grieve again if you need to. I think I may have missed some of your news, what cruise is this that you’re going on? And I made cauli soup last night – thanks for the inspiration!

For anyone complaining about the cold, it’s so hot here that I put my makeup on to go to work in the morning, and by the time I finish dressing, go downstairs and pick up my car keys it’s pretty much melted off. And where my son was last week was 110, but with the humidity (which has the same sort of effect as wind chill) it would have been about 120.

Stay safe Steppers :h:h:h
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Wonderful post Glass!!
                            I have one eye open and getting coffee and going to work...ugh
                            Kradle, if I didn't have my alone time, I would go nuts. So enjoy it, ok.
                            Try not to freeze to death Dottie.

Comment

Missed you glass! Busy day for me yesterday, so I did not check in. Worked late then spent the evening at my sisters with some friends. Not much on the agenda for today. Boys went skiing. It's snowing and thundering here. Really weird! Happy Saturday people!

Comment

I used to ski when I lived in Ohio...I loved it
                                Hubs and I went to Breckenridge, Keystone and Vail many, many years ago
                                Nice and quiet at work...hope it stays this way and I can play catch up

Comment

Working...
                                X