One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps...I am an 11 year BC survivor for those of you that don't know....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1617577 wrote: Wow...as most of you know I am all caught in "The L Word" on Netflix. One of the main characters dies of breast cancer and the remaining friends are on a Breast Cancer bike ride fundraiser. There is a very sweet, emotional moment, and I just boo hoo'd for 10 minutes. I am soooooooooo blessed to be here and it really hit me. Maybe it's all the emotion over the pending loss of Pop, but it was very cathartic and touching. I am SUCH a goober.
      just had to share
      I love you all so much and feel honored to be here with you, even it was initialy for all the wrong reasons. Embrace your lives sweet friends.
      Ok.....Dorky Mama will be back in the morning...sniff....
      Fen, please stick around ok??? I miss jabbering with you!
      Mama, I am intimately familiar with those episodes of the "L word". I didn't know that you were into that series.
      I am so glad that you are doing well! I've been lurking for a while, and I'm sad that Pop's care is so out in the open. I've made up my mind to stay here on MWO. You will be seeing a lot more of me, and I miss jabbering with you, too. :h

Comment

mama bear;1617578 wrote: ps...I am an 11 year BC survivor for those of you that don't know....
        So fantastic, Jan...:h

Comment

FENNEL!!!!!!!!!! :welcome: Great to see you.

SP (SlipperyPete) - Welcome to you too. :welcome: Glad to have you join us. :h
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC;1617603 wrote: FENNEL!!!!!!!!!! :welcome: Great to see you.

SP (SlipperyPete) - Welcome to you too. :welcome: Glad to have you join us. :h
            Nora!!! I was wondering if you were going to show up to your thread! I plan on being a regular here, if you don't mind. :h

Comment

Geez - I keep getting kicked off of here. So, I'm going to keep saving as I go along.....

Alls - I am so sorry. It is so hard. Are they keeping him in ICU with hospice? Are you heading back to Florida now? I am thinking of you so much. :h

Pauly - yes Caper is certainly welcome here. Everyone is welcome here. This is place to be ourselves and not worry. This thread is just for support and caring.

Glass - I can't believe you turned down checkers. I am even dreaming about checkers now. :H

Fen - I'll have to go back & listen to the song. Now, I've got the stupid fox song in my head. :H

I went to the doctor and got more antibiotics. Sinus infection. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.

Mama - I think you needed that cry. :l I seriously almost started crying in the Doctor's office today.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

fennel;1617604 wrote: Nora!!! I was wondering if you were going to show up to your thread! I plan on being a regular here, if you don't mind. :h
                Now - that's the best news I've heard in a long time. :h
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC;1617606 wrote: Now - that's the best news I've heard in a long time. :h
                  I'm so glad to be back! :h

Comment

ROTFL :H - I'm glad you have indoor plumbing. LMAO
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hidey Hi Steppers! And a special hello to Pete and welcome back Fennel!

Awfully large post alert! Apologies in advance!

It seems there are quite a few people going through various stages of loosing loved ones. I wish I could offer some words of wisdom but I'm pitifully unequipped... so I'll just say I'm very sorry that you're having to go through these tough times. I don't handle loss at all well and I can really relate to the hurt you are all feeling. XXX I do think it's horrid that humans have to suffer through incurable illnesses and I am really happy that we have the ability to save our pets having to do that. It's a little bit different on the island I come from... they will actually assist people to go. It's never on the medical records but they do it for sure. A controversial subject, probably something I shouldn't comment on.

My insomniac self is wide awake at this darn hour (again!) so I did a wee bit of reading around the boards, something I haven't done for a while. I saw some pretty nice posts from some of the people on this thread in regards to the Mods -v- Abs debate. I'm of the "live and let live" mentality as far as that is concerned. We're all adults and it is insulting to be told you need to do it this way or that way. So it was neat to see so much acceptance of someone's decision on how they were going to personally handle their drinking. It's not even who is right and who is wrong, is it? It's everyone's right to make their own decisions, even if it is a complete fail! (Yet another controversial subject that maybe I shouldn't comment on!!!)

Glass... I'll get back to you on that one once I've wrapped my head around the conundrum! I should prolly just stick with "yer fine as you are"! )

Mama... the black shirts and pants... that's the way to go. X (Should we be concerned about the purple leggings though?!)

Nora... I hope your sinus infection clears. I've had a few of them in my time. What did they put you on, amoxicillin?

Niner, Mama and Kradle... I'm a Netflix junkie too. I watched a doco called Star Suckers last night... I believe my interest in it was born out of concern about the daytime TV I witnessed the other day!!! ;o) Can't beat Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black. I have American Horror on my list but haven't got round to it yet. Went through all of Mad Men too. I'll need to check out The L Word.

Lizann... thanks for the shout out! X

Niner... I love the Fox song... can't help myself! In my favour I do have coconut oil though which may be a bit cooler! Have you heard of swishing? (Nothing to do with checkers...)

So I now have my heating cranking. I spend all year bitching about the cost of the a/c and now I'm heating the gaff. Grrr....

Incidentally, if anyone needs to use my checkers board... please feel free! In fact, I might even try bribing you!!! :H

HUGE post. Hope you all survive the boring read!!!

Comment

Zenny - you are a loon.
                        I believe is assisted "passing" as well. It's a shame to force someone to suffer for years and years. I will try to not to blather on about Pop. I don't mean to put anyone off.
                        I think my little crying episode was very cathartic. I even went and told hubs how blessed I felt. 'Fen - I am really enjoying "The L Word". At first everyone was teasing me, which is cool, but it is really well written and I am completly caught up in it. I know Bette and Tina get back together, right?? DONT TELL ME!! Not to mention the sex is pretty dang spicey. It WILL NOT be for everyone.
                        I laughed out loud all the way through "Orange is the New Black", Zen. Next for me is "House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey. I adore him.
                        Thanks for the love, Skwerly Pants. I have genuinely missed you.
                        Nora...please, please, please feel better. There is something awful in FLA that is hanging on for weeks and weeks. Remember in November I had to go to the doctor twice before I got Z pack and 3 trillion shots??? how is Scott and his Dad? How is Scott surviving without you??
                        I promise to look at the new Ylvis song and the Coconut Oil link.
                        Here;s my new favorite song. It is beautiful and makes me cry....you will understand why when you watch it
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds[/video]]

Comment

Mama-Licious... I wish I could disagree with you but I am afraid you're right, I'm a loon!

Don't worry about blathering. I have a hard time with loss but, honestly, the only way you can deal with it is to process it. Right? I'm still worried about the bloody purple leggings though... :l

My Netflix list is growing... noice!

Comment

Nora... I've totally missed what's happened with Scott. I hope you're all right...

I'm going to play your link now Mama. Did you watch that stupid One Direction thing I posted? Really silly but funny... )

Comment

Hi Fennel and Pete.

Mama ? I didn?t know you were a survivor ? well done you! I?m so glad you?re still here. :h That?s a very poignant song!

We have a long weekend here for Australia Day. YAY me!
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

new girl starts today so I have to fake being professional....OUCH.....
                                yep Glass....I had my first chemo on THE 9/11....
                                Scott is off staying with his ill father for an indefinite period and I know Nora is missing him...at least a little:H

Comment

Working...
                                X