One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh!! I blather on all week to an empty room. The ONE night I have a date with Hubs, ya'll alll decide the chitty chat??
    It was great reading back and seeing all of you here.
    I rescued my cat "Lucky" from a dumspter. He was a newborn someone had put in a trash bag. He is the BEST cat I have ever had.
    We went to three restaurants last night and all of them had two hour waits. So we wandered into our favorite Italian restaurant, were seated at the bar and completely ignored. We know the owner and when she came over, things started happening PRONTO!! I almost got ugly as the guy beind the bar was totally ingnoring us. We decided to just sit there at the bar and eat and we were getting madder and madder until Enza came over and made the young man wait on us. Dinner was fabulous, but the service was awful. Bret had a chocolate martini. I took a sip and it was delicious. We had never had one. (Sorry if I am being sacriligious discussing a martini)
    anyhoo....I am sore as heck from moving funiture all day, and may not even go to Nana's tonight.
    I am just not up to the noise, the negative comments from Bret and his sister and may just lay low. I am actually ok with Pop lying there in the hospital bed. But Bret's sister is a bossy, opinionated B and Bret can get that way when she's around.
    enough from me
    Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.
    I love you all:h
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

and Fen...Papa Bear has alot of heavy issues on his heart...his dad is slowly dying (they just made funeral arrangements last week) so checkers isn't tops on his list and I am ok with that. :h
      Plus, some middle aged men need a little help medicinally with the plumbing sometimes.:upset:
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning everyone. Internet is still screwed up. I think they are getting closer to fixing it though because they keep changing the estimated fixed time by half an hour. That's better than it was.

I'm upset because Casey isn't home. Didn't tell me that he wasn't coming home. He hasn't used his phone since about 11:00 last night (I was able to get online & check the usage). So, right now I'm worried but I'm also mad. :upset:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello all,
          Up to freezing here...but it is going to plummet to -10 later this week..this is just insane..
          mama I know about the plumbing issues and no checkers all too well...it is no fun getting old..
          Back to church for a chili cooking event...anything to get out of the house for a while. Meds doc put me on make me so darn tired..want to chuck them all..there must be a way to eat my way to health and I am going to keep looking for it..
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Mama, I'm so sorry about Pops. Yes, Papa Bear gets a break. I think you'd be well within your rights to ditch the afternoon at Nana's, though. :h Family dynamics can be tiring, sometimes.

Comment

Wow - I guess we all know about plumbing issues and checkers!!!!:upset::upset:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi there everyone - decided to pop in and say hello .... Fen - SO GOOD to see you here ! Maybe I might come back too.....

Hugs, Sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Geez, Nora...there has to be some solution for the frustrated ladies here!

Comment

Sun! So good to see you here! :h

Comment

All this frustrations and sadness......we need some comic relief. Ha! Take care ! Tony
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Tony - you made me laugh! I watched my dog drag her anus across the dead grass today. Needless to say, she's staying outside for awhile. :H:H
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AAARRRRGGGHHHH - this internet is driving me crazy!!! But, I am thankful that I can get on at all so I'll quit belly aching. (Latest update for repair is 4:30 today - I have begun to doubt it though)

Sun - SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!!!! :h:l

Fen - Yes - there is an answer for us frustrated ladies. It's called solitaire. :H:H
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC;1618708 wrote:

Fen - Yes - there is an answer for us frustrated ladies. It's called solitaire. :H:H
                            ROTFLMBO !!!!
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

fennel;1618686 wrote: Sun! So good to see you here! :h
                              Good to see you back here too Fen !!

Hugs, sun XX

Comment

NoraC;1618708 wrote:

NOT what I was thinking...but, whatever works! :H

Comment

Working...
                                X