One Step at a Time - January 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My early night is getting later! It's been lovely chatting... Thanks for the laughs!

I'm going to go and hit the hay now... will see youz on the morrow... Sleep tight. XXX

Comment

Aww..."Dear Prudence"...she was so young, then! I have been a huge Siouxsie fan forever.

Sweet dreams, Zen.

Comment

I like M.P. in "Batman", Zen. Not particularly a fan of anything else, I'm afraid.

Comment

fennel;1619898 wrote: Aww..."Dear Prudence"...she was so young, then! I have been a huge Siouxsie fan forever.

Sweet dreams, Zen.

Night...

Comment

fennel;1619899 wrote: I like M.P. in "Batman", Zen. Not particularly a fan of anything else, I'm afraid.
            He has the look of a lesser Jack Nicholson to me! Now Jack... I'm a fan of his. That man always impressed me with his seeming ability of really not giving a shit!

Comment

Zen, I posted her "Batman" vid down in my channel in "What we are listening to".

Comment

OK, I'll go and take a look... )

Comment

Have you heard Lana Del Ray Fen? Perhaps I pick up on different things in music to others, but that song reminds me of her...

I really like her sound by the way... I shall be "collecting" her music tomorrow! ;o)

Check out Lana...

Comment

"here in Cincinnati I'm freezing my F'ing ass off. I have no idea how people up north put up with this shit every winter."
                    Ditto on that Alls....
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I'm sending huge hugs and sympathy to anyone who's freezing over there, my heart is really going out to you. :h

I know I complained about our extreme heat the other week, but the really, really bad heat only lasted here for a few days. The rest of the time we've alternated between just really bad heat and bad heat. And this week we're kind of normal again. It must be terrible to have that relentless freezing cold for weeks on end. :l:l

Kradle I think I mentioned that I'm slowly working my way through the Arbinger book, and while I don't agree with all of it, they sure make some really valuable points that I'm trying to incorporate into my thinking. I'm so glad that you're finding it helpful.

I haven't been able to watch any TV for the last few weeks (not that's any great loss really) because the thingy that connected to my TV and made it all magically happen died and I couldn't be arsed sorting it out, but my son came over today and set up my new system for me (it somehow runs through my internet provider but I have no idea how) and there's a cooking reality show that I'm totally hooked on that just started a new season tonight so I'm having a bit of a break from academia for a change.

Mama - good luck with the new job and Nora I'm so glad you're having a chance to catch up with your hubby.

Stay classy Steppers! :H
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hey all,jeez thread moves fast! Allswell,im glad youre doing o.k i like that you guys are celebrating his wonderful,full,life be well,k9 gotta see the hair,feeling o.k here definitely know its time to woman up and NOT give into drinking again,its not a fun place and its so true at least for me that we pick up right where we left off,kfc pot pie rules Mama,so does marie callenders,actually i should see if theyre on sale still,last week they were like 4 for $10 great deal,hi to everybody else gotta go dry my hair,its cold!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow...you guys are busy little beavers in the evenings when I am busting my booty at the gym! Thankfully I miss the conversations relating to food since I am starving about 80% of the time. LOL

Ok, so my latest plan (lets see if I can pull this off) is to get me and Sierra tickets to the Justin Timberlake concert in Los Angeles in February. I want to go down the night of the concert then get a hotel and stay half the next day. We USED to be able to take actual vacations, but nowadays we're lucky if we can splurge on something like this. I LOVE ME SOME JUSTIN....I would die if I got to go!!! Now....to brace myself for the price of decent tickets....

What day is it??? It's Hump Day

Will be back later after I pick myself up off the floor from looking at J.T. tickets!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The good news: JT will not be here until August, meaning I can save some money.

The bad news: 3 tickets will be over $900. Her BFF wants to go too! (Of course she will pay for her own, but I will have to come up with it initially).

Dang...we took a 4 day cruise for less than that (like...half!!!)
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi all,
                              so darn cold...not going out again today but have thing to do tomorrow.
                              I might have paid that much to see Elvis but that is about it...and I mean the young handsome slim Elvis...I did take my mother to see the fat Elvis and we were up so far he was a mere spot on the stage...but we went...she was so happy to go....
                              So spend the money K9 u only get one chance to make great memories...
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good afternoon, peeps.
                                Spent the first half of the day working out a plan where my mom's finances are concerned with our Ins. guy. Got her way cheaper auto insurance as well, so she's very happy. This was a step in the right direction, as she's usually an emergency motivated individual.

Hope you're all having a good day. Going to scroll back and see what skivvies mamas sporting today.

Comment

Working...
                                X