Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober January!

Hehe Duck, you crack me up

Yep this is a great group, we are rocking this whole month, it feels great. It's definitely been a rocky one for me in other ways but I'm protecting my quit so I'm still calling this one a win so far, with just 11 days to go...

And Pav, I know what you mean about the drinking dreams... I have them often. They are never fun though, they are always filled with embarassment and shame over being a drunken oaf and then depressed and sick and hungover... because of this, I'm kind of thankful for them because I keep getting reminders of what reality is like when I'm a drunk. And mornings are a relief to wake up and find that it was all just a dream (a warning to myself).

Comment

Sober January!

You are doing so well, SBL! If other things in life are rocky and you're STILL not drinking, that is really saying something!

I agree that although those drinking nightmares disrupt our sleep, they are great reminders of where we've been and never want to be again!

You guys just about have this month in the bag - keep on doing what you're doing !

Comment

Sober January!

Hi, Januaries:

Today is a milestone for me - day 50 sober! I really never thought I would be totally happy being sober, but so far so good. I have had my ups and downs, but overall up.

Other big numbers - 20 is amazing BK, and Skull you passed 80 without a YAY from me. Way to go, everyone - Tree, FAL, NS, Halo - we got this January thing in the bag. 11 more days, then on to February.

Happy Monday!

Comment

Sober January!

Day 20 here, just got back from the pool. So are we going to start a February thread as well? I would like to keep on with you all!! Keep on keeping on y'all!
          :earth: Tree23

Comment

Sober January!

Pavati- that is so awesome! 50 must feel so good.

Tree- we are on the same day and I can't believe I saying this but I think I'm in for February.

Comment

Sober January!

I'm super in for february.

Comment

Sober January!

Skullbaby and Yogagurl...LETS DO IT! WHOOT WHOOT! I say immediate goal is tomorrow and then the rest of January, and then after that lets tackle (too much football lately) Feb! Hoo Rah!

Comment

Sober January!

@ Skullbaby- I see we joined the same time. How has it been for you? I see you are a senior member...is that just to do with your subscription or the number of posts or what? Always been curious. I always figured byrdlady was an obvious senior member because she is like MWO's ROCK (stabilizing force of goodness). It would be lovely to get to know you better. There are so many people on here it is hard to keep track and I don't spend all that much time on here, not that I don't find it totally useful, its just that I have so many things to do to keep me occupied. And really, I read a lot more than I post. That may be because I am feeling so good this time around. Don't want to be the opposite of Debbie Downer i.e. Positive Pearl perhaps?
                  Bon Soir! Et A demain!

Comment

Sober January!

Glad you're thinking you'll keep going next month, BKYogaGirl and Tree (and of course SBL and Pav ). I mean, why not? Is there anything about your life that hasn't been better this month than any month you drank? Take it day by day and those weeks and months can really add up.

Tree, you become a senior after 1000 posts.

Hi, Halo and Free (if you are able to log on).

Have a great day!

Comment

Sober January!

Of course I'm in for February! But first, today. Jan. 21.

Have great days, all!

Comment

Sober January!

Who's put there social life on hold this month? Or changed their usual activities?

Comment

Sober January!

Pavati, super super congrats on your 50 days, you are doing so great!!! Super happy for your continued success!

Glad to see everyone here and read so many great comments. Tree, yep I didn't realize I'd had over a thousand posts, I guess my MWO forum addiction is showing... I check/post at least twice a day, with a big session every morning... it keeps me on track. (and it coincides nicely with my coffee time). I'm so glad you're feeling positive, it really makes a difference. I try my best to reframe my state of mind whenever negative to choose gratitude and joy. I'm not always able to, but I am sometimes.

Londoner, I DEFINITELY have changed my social skills, habits, lifestyle. I just gave myself a big pass on so much of it... after 2013's craziness and especially my hectic holidays, my GF and I just decided to call 2014 the "quiet year at home". It makes it much easier to protect my quit and focus on health. I try not to do social engagements unless I truly want to (ie, not out of obligation or if drinking will be a focus/trigger).

Comment

Sober January!

Great advice Pavati, getting that one AF day at a time, and then they all add up!!! So proud of the numbers that are racking up for all of you and myself of course! I am totally in for Feb as well tree.

The monthly threads were so helpful in getting my previous 51/2 months AF. Make sure to keep posting and reading to fight those AL dreams.

Have a wonderful day, , 9 more days and Jan is OURS!

WE ROCK!!!!
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Sober January!

Love your goal list Londoner!
                              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Sober January!

Thanks NoSugar for the membership info.

Comment

Working...
                                X