Sober January!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober January!

NoSugar;1617442 wrote: I try to avoid threads that are hostile (you can identify them pretty quickly) as well as threads that encourage or condone moderation (because that doesn't work for me and I don't want to start considering that possibility).
    True for me as well No Sugar! I find the Nest a good place, but a very busy place as well. The threads that seem to have worked the best for me have been the monthly threads, I have achieved the most success when these threads have been implemented.

They always seem to consist of a small group of interesting people with a clear focused goal in place, a month of being AF. They also seem to be the sites with great support and limited drama as we all encourage one another to meet our designated goal! Hey that sounds exactly like this thread :H

So a big thanks to skull for getting this one started! :l
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Sober January!

Goooooood Morning Beautiful Sober Friends.....
      I think I must have gotten up on the sober side of bed this morn... Cause I am feeling gooood.

Halo & Pav- thanks so much for the cheer... You know good it makes us newly sober kids happy.

Well I am ready for a party... Healthy food & exercising.. And maybe a little dancing around the kitchen
      to 500 hundred miles (it's a song by the proclaimers). It kinda remind me that I would walk 500 hundred miles to be sober and happy.

Dah da dah da....:disco:

I appreciate YOU today

Comment

Sober January!

Hello badass muthas, hope everyone's having a great morning!

Tree- sorry to hear that you got a little left out on the Nest, that happens sometimes cuz of time zone etc., it happens to me too and though I try not to take it personally, it can feel a bit lonely when acknowledgement seems slight... I know the feeling. You're doing awesome, my friend! 30 days are within your sights, stay on target!

BK- Thanks for recommending my thread, I like it when people read there and get something of value. I love posts and comments and discussion there, so don't be shy, people Your ol' pal Skullbaby gets lonesome on his thread too sometimes!

And glad you're feeling great today!- I am too. Sobriety is making all the difference in my life. It's the well by which all good waters spring. I'll add to the Proclaimers playlist by adding "Over and Done With" (which in my mind is saying "over and done with" the days of being sick/hungover/depressed/toxic).

And sending a shout out to all my other friends here, Halo, Pavati, Fella, anyone I missed... this thread is so great. Much love to all ya'all!

Comment

Sober January!

I am a bad ass mutha... I like that.. Had a weird day but hope tomorrow is better. And it started off so good...

Skull sounds like you are rocking the casbah in every direction.. I peeked in on your fitness thread... Riding your biking to the studio is smart. Especially if you hate cardio.. I am a cardio queen.. Young and sweet.. HA! neither are true but it sounds good.

Good evening to my favorite sober friends.. Thanks for having my back.

Comment

Sober January!

Hi, Bad Ass Muthas!

You all sound great! I am SO tired this Friday night, but had a great time seeing my kid in a play and not worrying when it would be over so i could get home to drink.

Happy end of Jan 24. That makes next Friday (7 days!) Jan. 31. Wahoo!

Comment

Sober January!

Friends,
              You might like "I'm Alive" by Michael Franti! That is what I like to dance to in the kitchen! I have actually really loved experiencing that again! I love getting a buzz from working out and dancing to awesome music much more than drinking wine. There are so many things I really enjoy doing that I totally put off in exchange for drinking.
              So exciting news: My birthday is on this upcoming Thursday. And on that Thursday I also have 30 days! Whoot Whoot!
              :earth: Tree23

Comment

Sober January!

Morning, ya'all. Sounds like everyone's doing good this weekend, I know I am. I can't believe how much my life has changed for the better over the last 3 months.

Pavati, very cool that you enjoyed seeing your kid's play and not worrying about drinking cuz it's off the table. That's how memories are made

Tree, BK, I too seem to enjoy music much more. And I know I must look awesomely dorky in the kitchen, wearing my Hulk-green apron and ski goggles cuz I'm cutting onions and veggies for healthy paleo stew, and air drumming my ass off while listening to punk or metal. Yep, I'm a huge dork but I'm happy.

So happy we've got some 30 days, and Tree's birthday, coming up. BAD AZZ MUTHAZ

Comment

Sober January!

Helloooo all you BADASS muthas....

Skull~ thanks for the visual... I cracked up and you are kinda of a dork but in a good way... I can totally picture you. Awesomeness at its best.. I am going to make me a stew that sounds delicious... thanks for the idea...

Pav~ I hear ya... it is so nice not to be stressing at a school function cause you are white knuckling drinking. Hug for you...

Tree~ whatz up??? Happy almost Birthday and what a present you will get. 30 big ones. Good for you.

just checking in here.. I am headed over to my thread to post about my woes and emotions.

Have a super great Saturday..

Comment

Sober January!

Hi, all:

BK - I went and read your thread. It is hidden and took me a while to find but I did! You should feel free to share your woes and emotions here - you might get more response.

Me - today I am feeling blah again, but I am blah and sober so I know I'm not making it worse with alcohol. I have bad allergies and this CA drought seems to be making it all worse.

My music blasting in the kitchen today was my Gorrilaz station on Pandora. Loud and funky. Nothing wrong with a little kitchen dance in my book - I can even get my kids to join me from time to time. Happy dorks make me happy, as I am a happy dork, too! Who knew we all had so much in common!?

Night, all. Happy Sober Saturday!

Comment

Sober January!

Morning, all! Just checking in on a happy non-hungover Sunday morning with my giant coffee thermos.

Yep I am a dork, sounds like I'm not the only one I always say I'm a dork and I use the term affectionately and rock it loud and proud.

Pav, I loves me some Gorillaz, it's been a while since I've listened to them, I think I'll rock some Gorillaz today. As a side note, the cartoonist Jamie Hewlett is an inspiration of mine. He's the guy who does all the designs/art for all the fun Gorillaz characters. Such cool stuff.

And kitchen dancing rocks. Yep we all have quite a bit in common I am sure. Most of all, this sober month-- even when we feel shitty, we are just ROCKING this January. Only 5 days to go... fucking awesome. I can't wait to do it again in February, are you guys still in? Just think how good each morning will feel!

P.S., my stew came out delicious! Grass fed beef cooked in my VitaClay slow cooker... so good.

Comment

Sober January!

Pav- thanks for checking in on my thread... And seeming to commiserate with me...
                        I am grumpy this am... And my husband and his happy ass is driving me crazy...

I am a dork too.

Glad you are having a good morning Skull... Rock it. I will be back in a bit.

Comment

Sober January!

Morning All-
                          Its a good Sunday morning for me although I am feeling like I might be coming down with something. Throat is sore and coughing, chest is tight. I have been feeling pretty lethargic lately, on my days off I mostly nap and chill. Haven't gone to the gym in a couple days.
                          My parents are coming home after being gone in Mexico for the last 3 months or more. I hardly remember them! I am glad they are back though!
                          Exciting thing today: I am going to a home showing. I am in the process of buying my own home, and now that my mom is back I finally feel like I have the resources (mom advice) to proceed! Going to go see one I am really interested in. Unfortunately in my town, the market is very small and very pricy. I am hoping everything works out for the best, and I am sure it will; I just hate the waiting game.

Well I have better get ready to get the 'rents. I always feel weird when they get back from long trips. Like I have really missed them but don't want to get to excited that they are back or get too close because they will be leaving again. They are moving back to our hometown where all the other kids and grandkids are in 5 to 6 months after our house that burnt down is rebuilt.That was fun dealing with while they were out of the country!
                          Talk to you later lovelies!
                          ~ DAY 26 Whoot Whoot All!!
                          Totally in for February : )
                          :earth: Tree23

Comment

Sober January!

Tree - I am MUCH older than you are and I have never owned a house. That must be so exciting. I'm glad your mom is going to be back to help - that is great that you all live so close to each other.

As BK says, rock it everyone. Today marks the end of exactly 8 sober weeks for me. Very exciting.

Good night!

Comment

Sober January!

Hi all,
                              Finally back among the internet connected. Last week was a long work week for me. On another plane this week (AF, yes!) but the end to this crazy travel schedule is in sight for me. Yeah!
                              Free at Last
                              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Sober January!

Tree- congrats on your parentals coming home, and good luck with finding the perfect house!

Free, you're awesome to rock the AF while on the road so much... that seems so hard, but you make it look easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X