The Sober Revolution - Lucy Rocca on Meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a website worth checking out - I believe it was started by one of the co-authors of The Sober Revolution, Lucy Rocca.

She explains her experience with meditation so well. I haven't read the book yet -- think it's pretty big in England where she lives.

Soberistas

xx,
    UN

Hi Unwasted! happy new year! I am happy that we have so much in common. I have been following the Soberistas website since October. There is a lot of interesting information. I find it pretty difficult to figure out how to post and to follow the threads, but it still is good for another perspective. So I basically read the articles and book reviews. I am in the middle of reading Sober Revolution. I like it a lot. I do Like the article Lucy wrote on meditation.

I am so glad you found the website.

Comment

Hi LFP, I agree - it's not nearly as easy to follow as MWO so I don't post there. But it does have some good information. One thing I like is that they have a licensed therapist who posts - not sure if you've run across him. I have to say though, overall it makes me appreciate MWO. I'm going to buy the book pretty soon. If you come back here can you talk a little about the book? I've read so many I'm not sure what I can get out of another -- just wondering what makes it different.

xx,
      UN

Comment

Hi Unwasted, Sober Revolution is good but nothing really new. I know you have read the Jason vale book. Some of that is similar. She brings up the way we look at alcohol with rose colored glasses and the reality of it versus the illusion. I am only about 1/4 of the way thru, will definitely let you know my thoughts when I am done,

Comment

Working...
        X