Drenching night sweats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drenching night sweats?

Today is Day 7 for me of no drinking. So, when do the night sweats stop? They started on the 3rd night & I mean "drenching" night sweats. What causes this & when will they stop? I didn't sweat like this even when I was taking step classes. It's awful, it's stinky & it's chilling, yecko.
    :l:rays:

Drenching night sweats?

Thanks Molly, that helps!

Comment

Drenching night sweats?

it takes a while colo, I am on day 8 now and it stops when your body gets adjusted for a sleep pattern. I know it is freaky but bear with it for a while it will go off. Also, please do drink plenty of fluids and take your vitamins regularly as that's what I am following.
      Also, one ore remedy which works is working out and sweat it in the evening, this helps the body throw out toxins/half bodies faster
      Vy

Comment

Drenching night sweats?

for me, from drinking daily to going a af I was having problems like this for a couple of weeks. hopefully you will be feeling better soon so yes, take the advice above and drink plenty of fluids and eat well... it will be worth it.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Drenching night sweats?

Thanks for the advice, I will plan on adding more fluids & just keep trucking on to get through this.

Comment

Drenching night sweats?

Cotton Flannel sheets help as they absorb lots of sweat and of course wash them the next day

Comment

Drenching night sweats?

sleep on towels! I don't know how long it lasts, just wanted to say good for you on the 7 days! its worth the struggle when you come out on the other side! and remember these sweats when you think its a good idea to have a few drinks next time...you'll have to go through all of this again!
              10-06-2012

Comment

Drenching night sweats?

Great thread, great advice and something I have been wondering as well....they are horrid! but it is day 3 and yes, I will remember this because I don't want to do it again...this is it

Comment

Drenching night sweats?

strong work mtn girl! I try to remember how bad I felt when I quit...withdrawals and such...and how shitty hangovers are...it helps to keep me from wanting that first drink, which you and I know will never be just one. xo
                  10-06-2012

Comment

Drenching night sweats?

I had night sweats pretty bad for about the first 3 weeks, which scared me. I slept on and with towels and a change of pjs. That memory is a huge incentive not to drink again. I'd even break out in a sweat during the day, face and palms. The anxiety and sleeplessness was also rough, but getting through it was worth it.
                    Every AF day is a milestone.

Comment

Working...
                    X