Army thread Sunday 12 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than likely. Have to say how anyone can afford to drink in bars these days in Noocastle is beyond me. Mr JC was just on the Hight Street on Friday and it's ?4 a pint.

There's one bar in town that they say if you haven't been chucked out of or beaten up in you can't be a real alkie............it's a right dive.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just looking at me wrinkles here - in me face - wot I just slept in !:H
      Laughter lines ?
      NOTHING is that funny!

Comment

January is an awful month for 'navel gazing' isn't it ?
        Everyone is broke & confined to barracks with nothing to do but investigate body issues :H.
        Feels like the body been battered by winter & Christmas and needs an overhaul.

Comment

Dam autospell ....
          Alcohol free since 13th January 2009

Comment

Marioisback;1611801 wrote: Well as I never gave birth to a baby Jackie I can't really comment on that
            You'll know what to expect then.............if a miracle happens.

satz123;1611811 wrote: Just looking at me wrinkles here - in me face - wot I just slept in !:H
            Laughter lines ?
            NOTHING is that funny!
            :H:H:H

mollyka;1611813 wrote:

I dunno --- for starters --- the really bad ones kept vomiting and starting over again which can be done --- and when I listen to the young'un at work (no longer drinking) talking about how they used to do shots at the end of the night --- they'd order a pint and a double shot at each round - and if there were 10 of them in the round --- they'd have 10 of them ---- and that was at the END of a night --- I dunno bout ye --- but that is feckin SCARY stuff - back in my 20's and 30's when we went out -- you might consume the equivalent of a bottle of wine or 4-5 pints --- but that was it --- and that was only 1-2 nights a week at most --- and THAT was a lot ---- my liver didn't get 'compromised' till I hit 50 -- and that was after mebbe 3-4 yrs of abusive drinking -- they must have a problem with that so early on surely???
            My friend used to be able to do the vomit then carry on thing, we were in our early 20s..........back in the day I used admire her persistence.

Oh Molls, the liver problems here are atrocious among the young.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1611833 wrote:

Oh Molls, the liver problems here are atrocious among the young.
              God JC - they really must be. What Molls describes is what I used to do in my day. Mild really.
              Yeah saw a thing the other day - he was 26 and pure YELLOW - was almost dead according to the doctor.

Comment

Well that was the bad news but the good news is they're cottoning on a lot faster.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1611848 wrote: You know that documentary that is on here as a sticky --- 'rain in my heart' or something like that --- they showed that to us down in rehab - and tbh - if anything I think it had a bad effect on the younger ones in the group --- you could see them thinking while they were watching it 'I wasn't that bad' ---- NOT YET lads --- NOT YET!!
                  Yeah that was it !
                  What does 'sticky' mean Molls ?

Comment

QUICK: Undies are posting selfies : temporarily !
                    If I had a decent photo of myself - I'd think about doing it in the Army !

Comment

satz123;1611853 wrote: Yeah that was it !
                      What does 'sticky' mean Molls ?
                      It's so good the mods make it a sticky so it sticks at the top of every forum.

satz123;1611856 wrote:
                      QUICK: Undies are posting selfies : temporarily !
                      If I had a decent photo of myself - I'd think about doing it in the Army !
                      Funnily enough I went to look for one of me as well................but none worth showing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Me wedding photos aren't bad and I've got a lovely one when I'm about 2 but that's about it.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1611866 wrote: Me wedding photos aren't bad and I've got a lovely one when I'm about 2 but that's about it.
                          Same here Jacks: I even remember back then aged 22 commenting that the photographer was a genius able to take a decent photo of me! Downhill since :H

Comment

mollyka;1611863 wrote: Oh - Jacks has just answered that one!

Must go have a gander ---- not a CHANCE I'd put up a photo --- don't think in my whole Life I've ever seen a photo of myself that I thought looked nice!!!!

Any word how the young fella has settled in back in Oz Benj?
                            See comment re wedding photos.

Young Satz - has gone quiet - just the odd text - normal for him - and sure he could tell us anything and we'd have to believe him.
                            He's up in GF place - so hope he behaves Molls.
                            If the GF dumps him I'll KNOW there is a huge issue. They were mad about each other - and I believe only AL would be the thing to mess it up.
                            I try not to think too much about it - it's worrying - but I can't do anything about it tbh.

Comment

I was a s blond as blond could be........with dimples. ..............then I got about 7ish and went mousey brown. My school photos are tbh horrible.

We did one of them giganto shops yesterday........was starting to feel like Old Mother Hubbard...all we had in the freezer was 100 fishfingers and a duck.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Knew I had it somewhere...........

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X