Holy sweat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy sweat!

So I have two days sober under my belt and today will be the third, I am not abstaining but rather set up a moderation plan where I only drink on weekends, after drinking cheap vodka for nearly every night for 13 years.

This sweating is insane, I actually got some good sleep after a sleepless night one but woke up this morning to a soaking wet pillow. At first I thought my wife was pulling a prank and dumped a glass of water on me while I was sleeping but quickly realized my body was just wringing itself out and getting rid of the toxins.

Taking a hot shower was a mistake as well, I got out and dried off only to find myself dripping sweat within minutes which almost defeated the purpose of taking a shower in the first place and smelled a bit like citrus vodka...deodorant and aqua di Gio cologne have been generously applied.

Anyone have a ballpark figure as to when this ends? Because if this keeps up I might as well just sleep in the bathtub until I dry out.
    Whoever I had become, the alcoholic, had to die.

Holy sweat!

I'm sorry I didn't go thru that. What happens when I go AF is I have trouble getting to sleep. But it seems a good thing your body is getting rid of all these toxins. I would definitely keep drinking lots of water, to replace what you are losing. And congratulations on your 2 coming on 3 days!!!!

Comment

Holy sweat!

It seems the only time I have trouble getting to sleep is on day 1, the following days are somewhat easy to just nod off. As far as the water, I have killed a gallon and a half of water so far. That just goes to show how much water AL saps from a person.

Thanks for the congratulations!

Comment

Holy sweat!

I did not have the sweats either just no sleep or bone tired and shocking headaches for 3 weeks plus. Our bodies are all different but the bath idea sounds good especially if you lived in Aus atm. As everyone says we put the shit in our bodies now it has to heal again.

Keep going True you will never ever regret it.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Holy sweat!

I know your plan is to drink on weekends. That being said, do you want to go through this every week? Because this will happen every time you quit drinking. Why would you choose to do this on a weekly basis?
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Holy sweat!

K9Lover;1614077 wrote: I know your plan is to drink on weekends. That being said, do you want to go through this every week? Because this will happen every time you quit drinking. Why would you choose to do this on a weekly basis?
            Actually I did this in a half assed way, wasnt really trying to make it a lifestyle just for a moment kind of deal, awhile back and was successful for about two months. While I was doing that I didn't go through this at all. I guess I sweat like this when I have been drinking every single day for awhile.

Comment

Holy sweat!

Hi TrueGrit (one of my favorite films!) I'm sorry you're struggling but great job on two days! :goodjob:

I thought you might like this. I re-read it whenever I start thinking I'm going to drink on weekends...
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ion-37192.html

:l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Holy sweat!

Tg,

Congrats on the decision and good luck,

The sweats are irritating but is a good thing that the body is throwing out the toxins. Keep hydrating yourself with good stuff. It can last up to a week to ten days but till then hang on and stay tight mate.

Vy

Comment

Holy sweat!

TG,

In my experience, sweats last around 4 nights. That said, I am on day 14 today (yay!) and the past two nights have been somewhat sweaty. I think this is less to do with withdrawal-I am feeling fantastic in all other ways-and more to do with excess sugar consumption at night and really intense dreams. Just put a pile of t-shirts by your bed and change whenever you wake up! I am weird, I know, but I find the sweats kind of reassuring-you know your body is cleaning itself out. Just drink lots of water.

Ann

Comment

Working...
                  X