TrueGrit's always updated mod thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice cream always makes me feel better. Carbs, fats and protein all rolled into one food. I gotta have some fruit and veggies every day too.

Those X's are a good idea. Some people here have used stickers. Whatever works for you is good.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

True Grit, I'm glad your happy with your weekend. But, I have to say that this is not moderation drinking. This is binge drinking. I do wish you well on your journey but I think you need to be honest with yourself.

Comment

Alky wrote: it sounds like you drank all weekend. Sounds like you are off to a great start.
        Ahh you understand how to wield sarcasm, that was cute. I also had a blast over the weekend which ended with Sunday being sober. This month I officially have more days sober than drinking, but lets not talk about that right?

Sunbeam wrote: Ice cream always makes me feel better. Carbs, fats and protein all rolled into one food. I gotta have some fruit and veggies every day too.
        Exactly, not too keen on the veggies but I do try to slip them in once in awhile. Tonight I will be making Chipotles barbacoa tacos...I recreated the recipe to taste just like it.

Shelbysmiles wrote:
        True Grit, I'm glad your happy with your weekend. But, I have to say that this is not moderation drinking. This is binge drinking. I do wish you well on your journey but I think you need to be honest with yourself.
        I am honest with myself, this month I have surpassed drinking days with sober days and im starting to feel really good with it. You can call it what you want but this is moderation to me especially the way I was drinking before. My wife is VERY happy with the results so far which shows I am moving in the right direction. Thanks for the reply though.
        Whoever I had become, the alcoholic, had to die.

Comment

TG- I'm not trying to get in a pissing match with you. I support anyone that is working towards sobriety/moderation. But, the fact is, words carry definitions. Moderation is not getting drunk. Moderate drinking is 2 drinks per day for a male. You can call it whatever you want, I guess, but that does not change the reality.

My problem is that your title is extremely misleading, especially to people just logging on here. Most everyone comes here trying to figure out how we can continue to drink with no consequences. Your post makes it seem you have found the cure and continue getting drunk twice a week. Binge drinking is very dangerous-some even say more so that drinking everyday. If you are A-Okay with your drinking habits then please, call it for what it is.

Comment

I'm with Shelby. According to the website moderatedrinking.com:

There is agreement in the scientific community about what defines "moderate drinking." It's no more than 3-4 standard drinks per drinking episode, no more than 9 drinks per week for women and 12-14 for men. Also, moderate drinking means limiting how fast you drink and, as a result, keeping your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) below .055 (.08 is the DWI limit in all states in the U.S.).

You can call what you are doing moderating, but the consensus is not with you.
            In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Geez! This is not a thread about consensus! This person has stated several times that he's happy with the way things are going. His wife is happy too.

What does it take to make 'the board' happy?
              JMum
              My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

People here sometimes say and do unexpected things. We are all so different.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Only problem drinkers or alcoholics have to count their drinks, or wait for certain days, or put an X on a calendar on days they didn't drink. Normal drinkers don't give it a second thought.

By the way, I put stickers on my calendar for AF days, I have over 2 years racked up...and it's because I am an alcoholic and need to stay focused on it.
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1616506 wrote: Only problem drinkers or alcoholics have to count their drinks, or wait for certain days, or put an X on a calendar on days they didn't drink. Normal drinkers don't give it a second thought.
                    Actually the reason why I do it is to show my wife the progress, on paper. It was her idea and after that I felt like I had to earn that X which actually helps during the week. Mostly I don't think about the booze until just the day before to be honest.

As an update though I have been sober for 5 days and feel really good. I did have some pretty sick cravings as the supermarket that I always go to has an attached liquor store and was my go to spot. I pulled away without giving in.

Also, there was a request for me to move this thread to the Moderation section which I am still working on. If I have to I will just let this thread die and create a new one there. I understand fully why it was asked that I move it...this thread could potentially derail some people from a path that is actually working for them by trying what I am trying and by doing so could ruin a life and I cannot allow that to happen. At least by being in the moderation section the people that follow this know what they are going to be getting into.

Thank all of you that followed me this far!

P.S. I could not find an option to move the thread so I reported it myself to see if they would be able to move it for me. We will see what happens.
                    Whoever I had become, the alcoholic, had to die.

Comment

Working...
                    X