Free hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free hanging

A little bit off any topic here but ive just watched a programme on tv about 'free hanging'. never heard of it before but it rang some bells with me. apparently its a 'thing' a 'craze'. basically going on very high buildings. a lot of it seemed to be hanging off a very high building holding onto someones hand. (arrrghhhh). the guy it follows (teenage of course) had been a bit introvert stuck in his bedroom and thought this would be a good thing to do. I don't get it at all but it just seemed so crazy/ the guy was hanging off the edge of a high bridge, just holding on to another persons hand. I don't know if it was just over exaggerating tv but I got very scared when I looked down in the camera view.

one of the reasons I mention this is the fear of heights which I have (yeah ok, its the fear of falling). years ago I took up rock climbing purely and simply to get over this fear (and I liked the challenge). I was very good at this new hobby, I could do all the moves, all the rope knots and the weight to strength ratio to climb anything... until .... ouch...... there I was ... halfway up.... half way down... I could not move. I really could not move up or down. As it happens, this day, my way was down. the rope man below me came up and took my foot, each foot he put in a foot hold, I still couldn't move, I was just so grateful to have someone there to help me. ok I hadn't got to the top of the rockface (actually I wasn't even halfway), so yeah I was being helped down, but I WAS BEING HELPED. it wasn't a defeat for me, I did what I could. I was so very grateful to be helped with the foot holds. it wasn't cowardice in any way, it was a help to a place where I was comfortable at that time.
    im not quite sure what im saying here, yet again I ramble, but as always im putting thoughts out. I think maybe im saying that whether it is up or down (the rock face) there will always be someone here to hold your hand and pull you up or place your feet carefully so you are on even ground to carry on :new:
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows
Working...
X