hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all

Hello..its only Bella. Well its been a while and things have changed. Im 21 days sober now. Early days but ive never gone this long. Something happened over new yr which i wont go into but it was the one wakeup call that broke the camels back. Hence i am now going to regular meetings..i have found an amazing sponser who is with me every step of the way. I tried counselling a few months back but it didnt help. I couldnt seem to admit i have a problem with binge drinking. Anyway..i have now and its cool. All my friends drink heavily and i think ive gained some serious respect from them for doing so well. Ive drunk for so many years and made some bad mistakes...alcohol has robbed me of me..but no more. Im begginning to find out who i am and how i tick without booze. Its quite exhilarating actually. Im happier in a natural way..no fake highs or dark lows..jst normal emotions.its wierd. I liken it to a child learning skills again. A new life. The down side is...im realising that my marriage is bad. Ive been controlled like a puppet and ignored my gut instincts with alcohol to blot out issues with my marriage...not good. I have young kids and its them i fear will suffer. My sponser says not to make any big decisions at this early stage of my recovery and i think hes right. Im going to take it slowly.

Anyway i wont waffle on too much. I just wanted to share with u all....life can be so much more without drink. Im doing so much more and my confidence is soaring..
    Take care..bella xxxxx

hi all

Hi Bella and congrats on your 3 weeks. I think we all get that one wake up call that makes us totally realise we cant go on the way we are. I am 57 days af now and who would have believed that i could do that amount of time. Life is so much clearer and better and i am starting to like myself again.

Why do you respect your friends that drink heavily? I find that intriguing. I dont feel sorry for my heavy drinking friends as it is their choice but i wish now i am af that they would seriously look at their al consumption. But we will only give up when we are ready i suppose.

I totally agree with your sponsor on not making any big decisions, you do not need stress atm and your marriage is not going anywhere really. One day at a time until you are strong enough in yourself to deal with it without heading to the bottle.

Life is fantastic without al isnt it. To wake without a hangover, to participate fully everyday is the best gift we can give to ourselves. Take care x
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

hi all

Hi available..thanks v much for replying to my post. Everything u say is spot on. However i think u mis understood me about respect for drinking friends..i meant that i have gained respect from them because i no longer drink. I actually like you wish that some of them especially my best friend would look at how much she drinks..anyhow ...all is good and thankyou again and huge congrats to you for your sober months...high five. Bella xxxx

Comment

hi all

available;1618389 wrote: Hi Bella and congrats on your 3 weeks. I think we all get that one wake up call that makes us totally realise we cant go on the way we are. I am 57 days af now and who would have believed that i could do that amount of time. Life is so much clearer and better and i am starting to like myself again.

Why do you respect your friends that drink heavily? I find that intriguing. I dont feel sorry for my heavy drinking friends as it is their choice but i wish now i am af that they would seriously look at their al consumption. But we will only give up when we are ready i suppose.

I totally agree with your sponsor on not making any big decisions, you do not need stress atm and your marriage is not going anywhere really. One day at a time until you are strong enough in yourself to deal with it without heading to the bottle.

Life is fantastic without al isnt it. To wake without a hangover, to participate fully everyday is the best gift we can give to ourselves. Take care x
        EXCELLENT Bella- ohhh I love a good news story inkele:
        The respect thing I can understand - I FEEL it too -even when I being asked a million questions.Very empowering and keeps me going to know I'm doing something right at last ...........

Comment

hi all

Bella, please do not say ONLY about yourself. You are an amazing person.

Comment

hi all

Congrats Bella on the 21,

You are right it is rediscovery process when you go alfree. But, I feel I this an amazing feeling and we all see life in a new color.

All the very best on this amazing journey with soberity.

Vy

Comment

hi all

Oh Bella sorry i did misread you and glad your friends support you, it makes a difference. We need all the support we can get on this journey as it is so easy to give in to al. Keep on here there are some amazingly awesome people on this site that are here for us every step of the way.

Comment

hi all

Thanx guys. Its great to have support on this rather lonely journey. Xxxx

Comment

hi all

Bella;1618558 wrote: Thanx guys. Its great to have support on this rather lonely journey. Xxxx

Bella -as your avatar says - (I have the calendar)

'No Road is Long With Good Company'

Comment

hi all

Its never lonely around here Bell, this place beats fb any day.

So true Satz excellent quote.

Comment

hi all

Awesome news, Bella! I'm very happy for you. Keep coming back!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

hi all

Bella, please don't say it's "ONLY Bella." I used to do that, too...when I was drinking. I'm over 20 months AF and like you, I didn't know if I could stop. Congratulations on all your sober time....and stay with us. We like having you here.

Hi Sunni!:h

Comment

Working...
                        X