Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it makes me think....

Dear all,

Before I start blabering, thanks for all the lovely support I am receiving and will continue going forward.

Its been more than a month since I quit officially, but to be honest with all you lovely people, I did drink twice in the last 35 days but not to the extent of getting drunk or feeling guilty.

Well coming back, I was just looking back and was thinking how much money I could have stashed up if I had quit 4 years back especially when I am turning a rough corner now and starting a new job next month and all this with a son and a wife...and me being the sole bread winner.

Well, no point crying over spilt milk as they say.....lesson learnt, penalty paid....moving on, hopefully little more wiser.
    :thanks:

Best,

Vy

it makes me think....

Vy,

You make a huge point about money. About 9 months into being sober I got a handle on my finances. It's amazing how being able to really pay attention and set financial goals works! I recently bought a car, and for the first time, I can afford it with no worries. I researched on line and bought used. What a feeling!

Comment

it makes me think....

Alcohol robs us in more ways than one! We can't go back, but we can focus on the future and start saving all that money we would have otherwise flushed down the toilet (literally)!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

it makes me think....

Couldn't agree more k9

Comment

Working...
        X