Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HHHEEELLLLLOOOO my Friends! remember me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello all!! i know it has been forever but I just wanted to give you all an update. i am proud to say that next Tuesday will be 2 WHOLE YEARS without a drink! can you believe that much time has gone by since my DUI? A lot has changed. I ended up leaving my beloved job because I felt i had changed so much the past year being sober that in a way i had out grown it. i desperately needed a change. i attempted to start my own business but quickly learned that i function much better not being my own boss. i guess i thrive with structure. I started a new job in october and love it. a really good fit for me with many open doors. We have been doing lots of house remodeling stuff too. it is so nice to know you will be sober on the weekends and can gets so much more done without that weighing on you. I do have the stupid breathalyzer in my car until september. i can't tell you how much i hate it. i feel like it dictaes my life because i am always trying to hide it. i dont want anyone at my new job to know so i park far away and i always have to make up excuses if another parent asks me to pick up their kid. but i now know how fast time passes and i know this too will soon be a thing of the past. i just like myself so much better sober. i do miss drinking but that is just the glorified parts in my brain. i know i can not drink and i know my family is so much happier with me being this way. i even have the perfect line when others ask me about drinking. i just say "ah no thanks. that stuff tends to ruin my life." and people just shrug and leave it at that. i feel like it is the truth and not drinking is my super power. well i am off to clean up my mess from our recent floor renovation and get ready for the snow that is suppose to fall today. we are all so excited because we will get a couple of snow days to catch up with life. take care and drop me a line to tell me how things are with you!
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

Excellent. You just made my crappy day much better
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Star fairy.....

Great news on the 2 years...kudos you are my role model. You rock and keep on going

Vy

Comment

Hi Mama Bear! how are things? i promise to start checking in more. I will always need the support from you guys and also want to give that back as well....
        I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
        sober since 2/4/12

Comment

I remember you! What a great update to read.

I agree with you, getting sober changes everything. I find myself changing on a fundamental level and it's good. I'm very happy for you!

Comment

Pretty awesome........./note to self......next tuesday........
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Great job Star! What a wonderful update!

Comment

Hey Star, yes I do remember you. It's awesome that you are doing so well! "Not drinking is my superpower"--I love that thought.
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

What an awesome post!!! Thank you for sharing, Star! Kudos and all the best to you and yours :l
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Starfairy...what great news! I also love that line how NOT drinking is your superpower....so happy to see you soaring!!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Welcome back Starfairy! I remember you and am so happy to see you are doing so well!!!

Hope to see more of you around here. You are a huge inspiration!
                      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Well done to you starfairy. A great bit of news and gives me hope x

Comment

Working...
                        X