so long, farwell, adieu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so long, farwell, adieu

There are so may stages we go through on this journey, and especially on this site. Leaving, taking a break, coming back after months. Then there are the ones who stay, too many to mention, but all sharing their sobriety and success stories. We are all so thankful for that :hug

I am at a 'taking a break' stage. I have been sober for a while and I am sick of giving AL time in my life. To be honest, life is going really well. I can't justify a whole load of time to thinking about it. Or reading about it.

I know it sounds really selfish, but I am really excited about developments in my life and I want to concentrate on that for now. I am sure I'll pop in, but for now, good luck to everyone. This site has been invaluable to me, and I am sure I will be back.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

so long, farwell, adieu

BH i will miss you but wish you the very best of luck, not that you will need it. You have fought a lot of battles this year and won each and everyone of them. Take care and be safe xxx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

All the best to you, BHalo, and thanks for letting us know what is up and sparing us any worry. I'm glad we met. :h NS

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

Good for you Halo! I know how you feel. I'm not nearly as active here as I used to be because alcohol isn't a part of my life. I admire those who can continue to engage and give advice, but that's just not me right now. Best wishes to you.

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

AV, NS this is the right time for me. Things are good, please don't worry. And thank you both for your support. xx
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

FlyAway;1619753 wrote: Good for you Halo! I know how you feel. I'm not nearly as active here as I used to be because alcohol isn't a part of my life. I admire those who can continue to engage and give advice, but that's just not me right now. Best wishes to you.
            Thank you xx

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

BH you MUST run your sobriety as is best for you.

I was away for seven months and it was good to learn that my sobriety did not rely on talking alcohol all the time. It gave me the confidence that I can 'fly solo'.

I enjoy helping others find their freedom from this drug so coming back is also a pleasure.

I wish you all the best.

KUYA

P.s. Can you add to the 'we got sober at MWO' before you leave....if you haven't already

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

lovely sentiments BH and best of luck to you!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

BH - Just take care of YOU. Thanks for all you've done around here. Pop in now and then...we'll be here! :l
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

Best wishes BH. Sounds like there is lots of exciting things going on for you

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

Best wishes to you BH! I hope you stop by from time to time.
                      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

I will miss your humor and cheerful voice, but I am so happy for you that you are so strong. Just take care of yourself and have FUN with your new life.:l
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

Oh BHalo - I am in tears not only because I will miss you, but also from happiness that you are feeling this strong and ready to move forward in your life. Best wishes to you my dear friend. I hope you will drop in from time to time - and remember I'm always just a PM away if you feel like chatting. Take care of yourself.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

Right there with ya BH, I needed a break for a while. But then the itch to come back......came back

Good luck with your journey!
                            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

so long, farwell, adieu

Take care, BH! Stay well and hope to see you again someday.
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                              X