Sober February!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober February!

Hey all, who's in to commit to rocking February sober? It's a short month, we can do this, people.

WHO'S IN?

Sober February!

I'm with you SBL. Great work on racking up the consecutive AF days.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Sober February!

I'm in........still drinking my wine tonight. Thanks for starting this thread!
      :l:rays:

Comment

Sober February!

I'm in - thanks for starting.
        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Sober February!

I'm In too!!
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Sober February!

I would love to be in as well. I need Febuary to be AF.

Comment

Sober February!

Me too... I'm in...
              Didnt have the kiddos tonight so me and husband went to dinner.. He had a glass of wine and I would be a liar if I said I wasn't salivating but I choose dessert instead. Ya know what... It tasted better than wine.
              It did set off a bit of a sugar craving tho..

Comment

Sober February!

I am in! We rocked through January and we'll roll through February. 28 short days.

BK - I'm with you about dessert - choco choco chip for me tonight. Not great, but better than a martini for me for now.

Comment

Sober February!

Im in. My last drink was 3rd jan.

Comment

Sober February!

Commiting self to another month for sure

Comment

Sober February!

I'm in too!

Comment

Sober February!

Wishing everyone a good Saturday morning/day. Keep it sober tonight and through the weekend. I am going to a last minute birthday party and will be the only one not drinking... and that's good. I can enjoy my friends (most of them anyway) without getting hammered. And I'll be glad I did on Sunday.

Comment

Sober February!

Hi, All:

I'm going to a big party, too. I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one not drinking and there will be a lot of people I don't know, so I am a tad nervous about making small talk sober. Maybe I'll stay close to the kitchen and help the hosts cook and clean.

My plan is to eat a lot and be the designated driver so I can't drive. And I'll enjoy that cup of coffee tomorrow morning with a clear head and no regret.

Happy Saturday!

Comment

Sober February!

Have a good party, Pav. I too find that when nervous about sober small talk it's nice to have a "mission" (such as kitchen help or whatever- except playing bartender, lol).

And as you know, I too find coffee mornings to be a great reward for not having drank the previous day. Healthy, sane coffee in the morning is always such a prize, such a reward, and I really enjoy it. It's like a way to say thanks to myself for not ingesting a gallon of poison the night before.

Comment

Sober February!

Happy February 1st!
                              My husband and I are going out to dinner tonight for the first time since I became AF, 20 days. I have been deliberately limiting my exposure to alcohol. We don't really talk about me quitting although I know he has noticed. I would typically have at least three glasses of wine and perhaps an after dinner drink before I headed home for my own party. Tonight I will order a sparking water with lime and perhaps like BK I will indulge in dessert.
                              Skull and Pav I hope your parties go well I'm sure you will both stay strong and we can all enjoy our coffee with a clear head tomorrow morning!

Comment

Working...
                              X