One Step at a Time – February 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Mama - :l:l:l My dear friend. You are all in my prayers.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - good for you for exercising. I must get back to the gym. Glad your daughter had a good birthday.

Ok - off to get ready for work. I finally slept last night and everything looks so much brighter today.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Fen - so glad that you are having fun!!!!! I can't wait to see some pics.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

yes...pictures please
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

(((mama))) too much on you right now...stay strong and we are here for you!!
            Off to run some errands before the next round of snow.
            I am so glad I am not drinking because yesterday or last night with that dud of a game would have been a mess....boredom would have driven me to the wine box for sure...but NOT this time..woohoo!!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Gray/pink polka dot panties today!

Had a good weekend, it actually rained!!! I made homemade almond milk with vanilla and cinnamon in it...I never knew it was so easy!

Sierra's interview is at 4pm today. She spent most of the weekend running around, so I feel like I haven't even seen her. When she whines that I didn't help her prepare for the interview, I am going to point out that it's her fault!!! I was home all weekend!

Bri MIGHT be pregnant Mama? Oh lord. Now why would she even bring that up until she is SURE? Oh yes, she loves drama, that's why. Do I dare ask if she'd know who the father is? Is she aware that they make all kinds of nifty little devices that prevent pregnancy? You many need to school her on that!

I am really behind on this thread so I will just say HI EVERYONE!!! I know FT is playing checkers soon, and for that, I am jealous!!!

Love y'all! :h
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

several pregnancy tests came back positive and she is going to the doctor on Friday
                she "thinks" she knows who the father is....the on-again, off-again asshole...and she has had four miscarriages and what if this is her last chance blah, blah blah...I am not sure I believe anythi
                ing she tells me anymore
                I am straddling a fine line between boss and friend.....and she is being very sheepish and quiet. I think she is ashamed if herself...she should be
                I have ALOT to say, but it could backfire on me, so I am trying to stay quiet...and it's killing me
                Honestly, I want to be away from all the trash and drama, but I have a family to support, so I will focus on work and just see what happens...my heart is turning to stone
                Love y'all to bits though....you are my rocks...

Comment

for some reason checkers sounds very unappealing right now :-)

Comment

I am reaching deep to find grace and compassion and do the right thing for someone that needs me
                    went to the restroom and had a long, private talk with God...

Comment

:l:l Mama - you are such a good person. :l
                      Maybe there's a way you can re-draw the line and go back to being boss, instead of shoulder-to-cry-on. I know it's hard to undo once it's done. Does she have a sister or a mother that she can unload on instead of you?? It's so hard to see people that we care about making these dumb mistakes! In this day and age, no pregnancy should be an "accident". It's one of those things that really gets my polka dots in a bunch!!!

:h:h:h You Mama!

Comment

thanks Niner
                        I am backing up, but she has no one...or no one with any sense...HAH!!
                        (Like I have any sense)
                        I was so stunned this morning, but it is what it is and I will deal with it....
                        and you are right...there should be no accidents....grrrrrrr

Comment

Holy cow, mama! That woman sounds like a train wreck. And yes, as K9 said, there is no reason for accidents. It's not like we're living under sharia law here. B.C. is readily available. I suggest you withdraw a bit. I'm telling you now, nothing you can do or say for or to this person is going to cause her to change. Don't mean to sound harsh, but I've been there. She makes stupid choices.

Hang in there. :l

Comment

thanks Fen
                            I know you are right, but it's hard cause we work 12 feet away from each other
                            I called and confided in my boss, so she knows what's going on

Comment

hope you are enjoying you trip
                              sorry to make it all about me today

Comment

I agree with the Squirrel....you gotta withdraw a bit. People like that will drain the life out of you...and you have enough of YOUR OWN stuff to deal with right now. Have you asked her "HOW" she could let this happen? Seems like she subconsciously wanted it to...with the miscarriages and thinking her clock is ticking...I hardly think this was an accident.

Sierra has her first interview at 4pm today! At lunch time I helped her pick the perfect outfit (awww...she looked so cute). Nails are a nice neutral color. Small hoop earrings. Hair neat. I told her the main thing is to have confidence and smile. Start off with a firm handshake and sit up straight. Be prepared with a notebook in case you need to take notes. Write down the interviewers name (for the follow up thank you card)...and most of all...be pleasant and excited to be there. The last thing they want is some dopey kid with no personality! I think she's got this one down! :thumbsup

oh P.S. I tried watching The L Word on Saturday night, just couldn't do it....(?)

Comment

Working...
                                X