Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 2nd February

Good morning, folksies.

The braai last night went well. The wind settled and it turned into a lovely evening. There is just loads of food left over. We'll work our way through it in the next couple of days.

Off to another braai at lunchtime. The people live a few houses away, so it's literally just down the road. Glad I did the weekly shop yesterday, so this will be my only outing for the day.

Have a lekker Sunday, Army.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tips and Molly and all to come

Tips, is there anything better than braai left-overs for breakfast? I was given a doggie bag last night, have already started on the potato salad. :l:l:l:l:l, take one now, then as needed.

Hey Molly, you beat me on the nap score - I only had two!

... and doing nothing makes me very happy

Weather report promises "Decreasing clouds" for today - not that it was overcast yesterday, but if saying that makes the weather guesser happy, who am I to argue?

Lovely Sunday Army, chat again later!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Good morning MrT, Molls and all to come,

Yer sounding more chirper MrT :l- glad ye went to and enjoyed the braai yesterday and have a nice day planned out for today :goodjob:

Well Molls :hallo: been waking-up every couple of hours during night. The brother came up yesterday to head out for last few bevvies with friends afore wedding. Have a touch of mother hen about me and just worried bout him getting home safe-esp. in this city- txt him at 2am as was awake to say could give him a lift- he replied no need he was sharing a taxi. Well.... he still aint home!! He's 34 FFS and well able to look after himself, but I can't help but bloody worry. Could not survive motherhood methinks!

When are ye coming home? Feels like ye have been away for ages.

Thanks for answering me q's last night Satz- might have yer head done-in next wee while with q's!

Gonna go try ring this bro and put me mind at ease, will no doubt hear he's ok just hanging-over somewhere!!

Comment

Morning Dreamy :hiya:

Did ye enjoy the braai last night?

Comment

:waving: Sweetiepeapie :waving:

Call him Sweet, but he is probably trying out various hangover mutis. It is soooo good not waking up wanting to drink a damfull of water!

Oust that tune: Study details cures for earworms | News24 (I now have god Save the Queen as an earworm - thanks to the men with thick glasses and white coats:H:H:H)

Comment

Morning Sweet, Xpost, braai was lovely, thanks - the unknowns didn't pitch, one of the ex-drinking buddies didn't pitch, so no pressure there. Left when my friend started repeating herself :H:H:H

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1621694 wrote: :waving: Sweetiepeapie :waving:

Call him Sweet, but he is probably trying out various hangover mutis. It is soooo good not waking up wanting to drink a damfull of water!

Oust that tune: Study details cures for earworms | News24 (I now have god Save the Queen as an earworm - thanks to the men with thick glasses and white coats:H:H:H)
              Can't think of a worse song to have as an earworm than GSTQ- no offence to our Brit neighbours!!

Glad ye enjoyed the braai Laughing here at thought of yer friend! Even sober I can still suffer with the repeating oneself affliction- then remember half-way through sentence 'I've said this before!!'

Have ye anything nice planned for today, bar plenty of doing nothing, which sounds good to me?!

Comment

Bro not answering phone so gonna take self back to leaba and try get a few more hours sleep. Hoping I can get some..

Laters all xxx

Comment

Really stuffed here, earworm cure wise...

You're back in bed Sweet, can't even ask you what your plans for the day are. Plenty of doing nothing planned, with bits of just lazing around mixed in there, and maybe a dash of watching the clouds go by just to spice things up. But the house is begging for TLC. POA: coffee, quick pick-up and put away, visit to a friend I haven't seen in ages this pm.

Comment

Mornin' All :waving:

sweetpea29;1621688 wrote:

Well Molls been waking-up every couple of hours during night. The brother came up yesterday to head out for last few bevvies with friends afore wedding. Have a touch of mother hen about me and just worried bout him getting home safe-esp. in this city- txt him at 2am as was awake to say could give him a lift- he replied no need he was sharing a taxi. Well.... he still aint home!! He's 34 FFS and well able to look after himself, but I can't help but bloody worry. Could not survive motherhood methinks!

Thanks for answering me q's last night Satz- might have yer head done-in next wee while with q's!

Gonna go try ring this bro and put me mind at ease, will no doubt hear he's ok just hanging-over somewhere!!
                    Leave him at it Sweetie - he'll surface Worry when it's time to worry is my motto !
                    Is this the fella yer puked on ? - payback time :H

LOVE the questions Sweetie :l
                    DreamThinkDo;1621694 wrote: Sweetiepeapie :waving:

Don't call him .... he's a big boy now - was too early for a hangover at that time anyhoo.... prolly was shacked up on someone's sofa !!!

DreamThinkDo;1621696 wrote:
                    Morning Sweet, Xpost, braai was lovely, thanks - the unknowns didn't pitch, one of the ex-drinking buddies didn't pitch, so no pressure there. Left when my friend started repeating herself
                    Greatjob
                    :h gotta love that superior feeling Dreamy ? Or am I just a cow ?

Comment

Morning all, a day of doing nothing sounds perfect, might have one of them myself. Its not raining yet so may even get the dog walked without getting soaked.
                      AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Morning Satz and Spidey :waving:

satz123;1621710 wrote: Or am I just a cow ?
                        Thought you were a penguin? Guess there was a bit of feeling superior in there last night, but more pity (for her) and happiness that it wasn't me.

Hope the rain stays away for a while Spidey - enjoy the walk.

Comment

Goooooooooooooooooooooooood morning Tipperoooo, Mollymoooo, Dreamydooooo, Sweetypeeeee, Satzuma, Spydysylv.

Must still be tired I read that as earthworms..............ackshully didn't even know there was such a thing as earworms..............well you life and learn.

He'll be back begging a bacon sandwich before you know it, Sweety.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1621721 wrote: Goooooooooooooooooooooooood morning Tipperoooo, Mollymoooo, Dreamydooooo, Sweetypeeeee, Satzuma, Spydysylv.

Must still be tired I read that as earthworms..............ackshully didn't even know there was such a thing as earworms..............well you life and learn.

He'll be back begging a bacon sandwich before you know it, Sweety.
                            Mornin' Jackser :waving:
                            Earworm - new to me too

What plans for today ?

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1621715 wrote: Morning Satz and Spidey :waving:

Thought you were a penguin? Guess there was a bit of feeling superior in there last night, but more pity (for her) and happiness that it wasn't me.

Hope the rain stays away for a while Spidey - enjoy the walk.
                              I IS a penguin Dreamster enguin: - but can be a right cow sometimes - in my head only
                              Last time when I was at the 21st birthday party- I felt emmmmm ....... I dunno - proud of myself . Calling all the shots with regard to going home, driving etc.....
                              for the first time in AGES I felt in control
                              Does that make sense ?

Comment

Working...
                              X