Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Mess I Made

Mom,
    what really helped me was deciding that I was not going to drink and taking a hard look at my life and actually changing habits that I had that led to drinking.
    I stopped sitting on the couch after i made supper and drinking wine. I bought other AL free drinks that tasted good and drank those OR I went for a walk after supper.
    I read more.
    I avoided situations where there was drinking or where people would push me to drink.
    I let my husband know and asked him to help me out by doing things together that didn't include drinking.
    I posted here, over and over.
    I went to the tool box and used the tools that worked for me.
    I really decided I wanted to change. It was not going to be temporary so I made lasting changes in my life and in my thought process.
    I don't call myself an alcoholic but I would say I have a problem with drinking and have a hard time moderating. Generally I cannot moderate and I do not want to wake up with anymore hangover's.

Sorry about all the I's!

This is a great time to be a role model for your kids. I think my kids are proud of me. Please keep posting.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another Mess I Made

hope you are ok Mom.
      been there, done that, got the t-shirt
      it took a DUI and lots of shame and expense for me to accept my problem...
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Another Mess I Made

Hi momof3,
        We've all been where you are, and had the feelings you are having. There are so many good suggestions given here, and I think it's a great place to start putting them into place. Your girls need you, your husband needs you, and soon, this part of your life will be gone because they'll be grown up. Live the best you can now, with a clear head, so you can make good choices for you and your family. Good luck to you!
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Another Mess I Made

Hi everybody, thank you so much for checking on me. This week has been extremely busy with the kids and all the snow we've been getting that it's been a constant shoveling and literally keeping the home fires burning. I've been good all week, except for today. I don't know if it's old habits of going drinking after my working days in the office, or what...but I am thinking about it today. I have deliberately changed my plans today so I don't have to leave the house and drive by the liquor store because I don't feel strong enough yet. I'll just keep myself at home and save myself the temptation of seeing in and pulling in. If I can get through these moments, I am really trying hard and to keep my mind off it.

Comment

Another Mess I Made

you have a plan....that is a start and a promising step in the right direction!!! YAY!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Another Mess I Made

Mom, just realising that going out would be a bad idea is a big achievement! Our wine shops close quite early - 6 pm - and I was so relieved the first week or two when I heard the church bell striking the hour. As K9 says, you'll never regret not drinking the night before in the morning.
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Another Mess I Made

That is very very true! I can't regret and self loathe tomorrow if I don't cave today. I wonder why after all these years these feelings of drinking on a Friday still pop into my head? I stay home and raise our children, Friday is like every other day of the week for me since my job raising my girls doesn't stop. Even at night I still have to be on clock and can't just put my work away and call it a day. Alcohol is a clever little bastard the way it tricks your mind. I did have a few thoughts yesterday as well, I forgot about those and it was during the day. I pushed those to the ground and gave myself a pep talk that I didn't need it.

Comment

Working...
                X