Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Thursday 13 February

Does he pay well..

Trying to find 100th birthday card for my Gran.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1626614 wrote: Got THE best 100th birthday cards in the wholesalers last month ---- brilliant they were --- loads of aul shite ones with flowers and buckets and things on them --- these were fun --- was DELIGHTED with them --- jaysus --- most of them were only short of putting hearses on them

He pays NOTHING!!!! Zilch -- nada -- miserable git:H
      Good for you............gawd the ones I've seen over here are just sooooooooo dreary or twee.

I've found her a badge with 'I'm a 100' on it though.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Anyone left ?
        Sorry late check in just feckin' knackered to be honest. Not from anything in particular -didn't even go to gym this week :egad:

Comment

mollyka;1626646 wrote: Hi Benj! Still here - was doing shite for Joe and then went lookin for Army in new posts --- not a sign -- thought yiz were all gone off somewhere having a good time ;-)
          Not on yer Nelly
          Was veg'd on the chair.
          Molly re exercise - I told you afore you have a physical job and then when home you are always - 'doing' so no need for formal exercise imho

Comment

Would you believe I was icing another cake........a Valentine's one for the orifice.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1626653 wrote: Would you believe I was icing another cake........a Valentine's one for the orifice.
              REALLY !!! this hour of the night ?

Comment

Would yiz believe girlies - if the other thing doesn't happen - I was advised by a friendly colleague that I should think about early retirement anyway :shocked:
                They think our pension may be changing ( we have a DB pension) and I should draw it down before the change happens. Means leaving and drawing down pension now and take any small hit on it money wise -'cos it probably going away soon :egad:
                I suddenly felt VERY OLD today !!!

Comment

Na the cakes for the girls at work. I haven't done Valentine's day since I was pregnant with the luvverly Jenz...........Mr JC's gets the To My Wife ones and writes love from Guess Who in them.........I laugh dutifully............28 years I tell you.................28 years...........I have laughed dutifully.........help me now.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1626656 wrote:

wow!! barely bought a card for himself!! Mind you --- I won't even see him tomorrow -- going to go to the shopping centre after work and straight to Aftercare --- he'll be in bed by the time I get home --- dead romantic huh???
                    My little darling got me :
                    A DVD, pair of PJ's I'd admried in Dunnes and huge bunch of red tulips

I have for him : a card ..................................:egad:
                    Hafta go shopping meself tomorrow !! FFS

Comment

mollyka;1626663 wrote: ahhhhh - true:h

Just thinkin bout you feelin old --- imagine when Tina whatever her name is is our age she'll have a 7 yr old kid:shocked:
                      WHO is she ?Tina Turner ?

Comment

She's from Shameless.........was married to Paddy.

Wish I could join in on the pension talk..........I get a teeny weeny one from when I worked at Nat West and then my state one at 66.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1626669 wrote: She's from Shameless.........was married to Paddy.

Wish I could join in on the pension talk..........I get a teeny weeny one from when I worked at Nat West and then my state one at 66.
                          Yeah I hate it Jacks. People get really MEAN about things.
                          I need to stop listening to people.....
                          I look at my mother and she's happy as Larry on her state pension. Says she's loaded :H
                          She has a simple life - but then isn't that the best life ?

Comment

Anyhoo :bedtime: chez Satz
                            Talk tomorrow ....

Comment

Nighty night Molls..............leave the landing light on I'll not be long.

My Gran's the same........she's never been better off.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

So I've been meaning to ask what this "army" is. For the longest time, I just assumed that it was a thread for those somehow associated with the armed forces of the world, but from reading this thread, it clearly isn't. Please enlighten.
                                In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
                                X