X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you just *know*

Yikes, you are all so young !!!!

1. At what age did you first have a drink ie get drunk? 22

2. Roughly at what age did you notice your alcohol consumption progress after that first drunk episode? 40

3. Roughly at what stage did you realise that you *might* have a drinking problem and decide to try to moderate/abstain? 45
    4. Roughly at what age did you decide that you definitely had a drinking problem? 50

5. Do you have a parent who has a drinking problem? Yes

6. Do you have a grandparent who had/has a drinking problem? Yes

7. How old are you now? 53

Comment

When did you just *know*

1. At what age did you first have a drink ie get drunk?
      When I was a toddler my parents let me stir their drinks with my finger. Did it all night long for both of them, for hours every night until I fell asleep. First time I was fall down drunk was around age 11. Drank an entire bottle of champagne at a family New year's party and puked my guts out.
      2. Roughly at what age did you notice your alcohol consumption progress after that first drunk episode? Around 18 when got a job as a cocktail waitress and then a bartender. It was illegal, but I looked older and I was cute so they let me work.

3. Roughly at what stage did you realise that you *might* have a drinking problem and decide to try to moderate/abstain? I pretty much knew I had a drinking problem around the age of 20 but I didn't ever try to abstain or moderate until I got pregnant (age 30) and then I stopped cold.

4. Roughly at what age did you decide that you definitely had a drinking problem? 35

5. Do you have a parent who has a drinking problem? Yes, both.

6. Do you have a grandparent who had/has a drinking problem? Yes, and it killed him.

7. How old are you now? 44.
      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
      X