Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here learn or play a musical instrument?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learn drums. Such a good way to bash it out. I thought i might lose weight, but my upper body definately gets a small workout. Nearly broke into a sweat this morning!

Tell me about your instrument..!
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Pianist, percussionist in high school (that's a long time ago...), and dancer.

Nice thread, I'll be interested to see what 'musiking' people do!

Comment

I played the Trombone in high school......was in the marching band. Had to quit the band cause I was also on the football team and couldn't get out at half-time to march. Ha! Tony
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sam plays the fiddle and is very good!

Comment

started banjo lessons 2 years ago at 52 still learning.

Comment

Professional woodwind player here.
            In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Flamenco guitar player and after going to Nashville am working on swing.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

NomoreJim;1627392 wrote: started banjo lessons 2 years ago at 52 still learning.
                Congrats on learning Jim. I hope you get many more years out of your journey and continue to reach for musical goals.

I don't know what attracted me to drums, i think it was the discipline, the fat that you need to stick to a constant tempo and perhaps i am restoring order in my life by doing that. How weird!

DancingGirl! I think we can definately include dancing in there.

I would love to be a music therapist.
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

allswell;1627419 wrote: Flamenco guitar player and after going to Nashville am working on swing.
                  Great, working on swing allswell .

I think it's great to mix your style up and explore different genres. I like the idea of deeply immersing oneself in a genre and then moving on to another.

Comment

Bagpipes

Comment

Bagpipes

Piano but only for a couple of years.
                      Going to start on drums soon

Comment

allswell;1627419 wrote: Flamenco guitar player and after going to Nashville am working on swing.
                        Welcome to the 6-1-5. Nashville is my hometown!
                        In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Alky;1627558 wrote: Welcome to the 6-1-5. Nashville is my hometown!
                          Is that a 6-1-5 chord prgression Alky?

Comment

Last November, I bought a second hand baby grand piano with the money I had virtually "saved" from quitting. This after already playing guitar for almost 40 years now, and drums, bass etc.

Having a shiny black 1967 Yamaha G5 in our main room beats having 611 empty whisky bottles lying around.

It almost sounds like a clich?, but it was my way of celebrating.

Comment

Change;1627623 wrote: Is that a 6-1-5 chord prgression Alky?
                              615 is the Nashville area code. It actually wouldn't be a very memorable progression to have 6 next to 1 since each of those chords have two tones in common.

Comment

Working...
                              X