Where do you hide it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you hide it?

Had a little relapse about 2 months ago and am almost clean again after about 2 years sober. Lots of introspection as usual. Keep coming back to one thing, why the heck do i like to hide the booze? The obvious answer is not to get caught. So i figured maybe i'd start a fun thread as a reminder to NOT do this behavior.

1) Water bottles (so easy and inconspicuous!)
    2) Work bag (nobody wants to read my reports)
    3) Above ceiling tiles in basement (oh, im sooo clever)
    4) Toilette's water reservoir (dont judge me! i'm just pooping after all )

I can't be the only one who does this! :sulk:

Where do you hide it?

Not enough to hide - too busy downing it! But when someone elses wine in the fridge after my 2 bottles, have been known to drink theirs and refill bottle with water until I replaced it next day before I would be found out.......
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Where do you hide it?

Ah, the joys of living on your own - I never had to hide it. BUT getting rid of the evidence at the recycling place... People must have thought that I had an extremely busy social life.
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Where do you hide it?

DreamThinkDo;1627448 wrote: Ah, the joys of living on your own - I never had to hide it. BUT getting rid of the evidence at the recycling place... People must have thought that I had an extremely busy social life.
        Yeah, I spent many a morning trying to rearrange the recycling bin with the plastic food and drink containers on top to cover all the beer cans and wine/liquor bottles. So the neighbors wouldn't think I was a raging alcoholic (which I was).

Also, I got to a point where I stopped hiding it. What was the point? My ex-wife wasn't an idiot. She knew where I stashed it. My lame attempts at concealment were for me, not her.
        In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Where do you hide it?

1. Down the side of the lounge cushion (pour soft drink, return to lounge, top up with the good gear)
          2. Concealed small draw in coffee table (see above)
          3. Inside frozen fish box in the freezer.
          4. Insane juggling act across 4 containers to pre mix vodka into soft drink bottle (because everybody slurs and falls over when they drink soda water, non?)

And to dispose?
          1. What fun it was when Vodka started to come in plastic bottles. Previous to that I won the street award for deafening recycle bin collection eeeeeevery week.
          2. Got glass? No problem! Hide inside said fish packet or feminine hygiene product box (go on, I dare you to check)

I now use my powers for good instead of evil Zax!
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Where do you hide it?

Oh man, disposing/getting rid of the evidence... totally forgot about that aspect.

Comment

Where do you hide it?

I moved something in the basement last week, and found one of my empties. I hid it in the bottom of the recycle bin, so afraid hubby would think that I'm drinking again. He never saw it, but why the worry? He knows I'm not drinking, he can tell the difference!
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Where do you hide it?

Sax, I think we could all write a book about hiding places. There is an old thread here somewhere on hiding places. Someone should be able to find it and post a link.

Bottles in boots in the closet, in back of the bathroom cabinet behind the toilet bowl cleaner, in the garage behind the snow shovel, in suitcases etc, etc. The hard part was remembering where all the hiding spots were and stumbling across old bottles months later. I just found one the other day that must have been in my bathroom for 6 months. Ugh!

Comment

Where do you hide it?

I didn't hide either but I did rotate liquor stores so they wouldn't think I was a drunk (ridiculous thinking because they could care less, I am sure most of us going in there were drunks). I also was very concerned about the recycling bin and what the garbage men would think. Again what did they care? I was consumed by all these strangers and what they thought of me, yet no concern at all for my own health. How stupid was that. Thankfully that is far in my past.
                  AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Where do you hide it?

I live alone so I didn't hide it either although I would sneak the garbage out to the curb early in the morning so hopefully no one would hear all the clinkety clank of all of the bottles and cans. I would also pray the garbage people wouldn't pick up during morning rush hour when a dozen people are across the street at the bus stop. Just thinking about the years of that shit still makes me feel about an inch tall.
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Where do you hide it?

It was finally when I stopped trying to hide it that life got real -real quick. But wow, I now look back at the time that spent trying to hide the cans and the evidence. Those exercises of hiding required even more drinking.

And pouring real beer into alcohol free beer bottles was a huge hassle!!!!

Comment

Where do you hide it?

I never hid the full bottles or the empties, I figured I am a grown woman and I can do what I want! BUT...I was horrified that the guy at the liquor store thought I was a drunk. And there's the alkie thinking...makes NO sense at all! That guy doesn't give a sh*t what I am doing! But my daughter DOES, and that's what I should have been concerned about!
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Where do you hide it?

all over my closet, inside coat pockets, purses,
                          in the bushes
                          and driving to different dumpsters to throw out the empties
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Where do you hide it?

Fruit juice bottles, herb bottles (higher strength like vodka), underwear drawers, work bags, back of cupboards. This life sucks...

Comment

Where do you hide it?

I hid it in my t-shirt draw, on top of the kitchen units and sometimes in the garden the hide empty bottles in the bottom of the bin.

Comment

Working...
                              X