Army Thread Wednesday 19th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere on here that being stressed and thinking we are ok is a red flag.

So, are you supposed to fall apart when stressed?

Ignore it?

Acknowledge it? But then what?

Ffs, this woman owing me Money has been 2 years in the making, that's been a good length of time to build to the crescendo it has become.

I acknowledge that. I accept it. People deal with this sort of thing all the time.

But it has made me drink. Another ffs.

Thanks for the rant.

I don't see JC's avatar.

Comment

satz123;1628884 wrote: This is from me - the wan who didn't even know she was worried about her son 'till she found it an effort even getting out of bed :H
      Ah Satz :l:l

Hiya Jacks :hiya: yes you and the Bess are very special indeed xx

Comment

roxane;1628893 wrote: I read somewhere on here that being stressed and thinking we are ok is a red flag.

So, are you supposed to fall apart when stressed?

Ignore it?

Acknowledge it? But then what?

Ffs, this woman owing me Money has been 2 years in the making, that's been a good length of time to build to the crescendo it has become.

I acknowledge that. I accept it. People deal with this sort of thing all the time.

But it has made me drink. Another ffs.

Thanks for the rant.

I don't see JC's avatar.
        Rant away Roxy :l:l

Comment

I did!!

Comment

roxane;1628900 wrote: I did!!
            And we heard ya.

Listen to the Pea of Sweetness (who thinks she's crap at advice..........but she's not).
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

No JC she's not. And I'm listening, frasier style.

Comment

mollyka;1628915 wrote: How'r'yiz??
                Re. worries ----- mmm -- like Benjy I sometimes don't know I'm worrying about something -- but most of the time I DO know --- then I categorize them --- the ones I can do nothing about --- I absolve myself -- mainly to do with the 'kids' -- and I just let it go --- and I'm able to do that now --- then there's the ones I can do something bout but don't --- now I do..... (do something) - in the past I let things fester or stay in the background (can be little things like finances or even just paying bills) and I let them drift on -- always in the back of my mind --- now I grab a hold of them mostly ---- and get them out of my way

That's it really --- imvho - there are only two kinds of worries - ones we can do something with, and ones we can't...... had to learn to know the difference tho
                Brilliant:goodjob: but need to do Satz's meditation too

Comment

Sorry disappeared there!

Feckin unexpected visitors:gramps: Good job I was still dressed and not in the 'ol pj's. Buggers ate last of me dairy milk too!!

How was work Molls?

Comment

mollyka;1628927 wrote: I understand that --- and lots of things made me drink when I was trying to get sober at the beginning --- I had to learn that it wasn't the solution --- someone said at AA last night that when we start looking at alcohol as a solution - that's when we are in trouble with it --- when we truly accept that it'll only make that situation worse - and REALLY believe that --- that's when it becomes hard to imagine a situation that WOULD make us drink.... does any of that make sense I wonder?
                    Perfect sense Off to bed to sleep now. Thanks:goodjob:

Comment

Nighters MrsA - hope ye have a peaceful worry-free sleep:l

What ye say makes perfect sense to me Molls. Can't think of one situation in which having a drink would make it better!

Comment

mollyka;1628932 wrote: Sleep tight Mrsa!!!
                        I remember when I came home from the treatment centre -- someone posed the question 'if you had 3 weeks to live would you drink?' --- and despite intensive therapy an all down there I had to say that posed a conundrum for me --- and on balance I did think well 'why not?' ---- and someone just asked me how I could even dream of wanting to spend the last 3 weeks of my life in a bottle when I could be spending it with people I love and enjoying them for my last time ---- thought that was rather 'worthy' at the time --- but NOW --- not in a million years would that be my option (to drink) -- it's probably the last thing I would want to do --- just a change of mindset I s'pose
                        Oh I dunno Molls- think we discussed this before here.

Hafta be honest and say if it were definite that I only had 3 weeks left on this earth- I wouldn't spend the whole time bladdered but part of me would like the idea of cutting lose one last time- Tell my childhood sweetheart that I always loved him:upset:, tell work (management) were to go :yay: go see Canada, tell all my family, even the nuts I love them!! Ah here! I wouldn't need to be drunk to do any of that, would I?!

Edit- think have totally contradicted myself here! Good question Molls. Really does set one off thinking

Comment

:waving: Army

Had a quick read back, too tired to respond - but sleep well, everybody.

Oh, and somebody also wanted streams of chocolate - done!

Nite-nite!
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1628936 wrote: :waving: Army

Had a quick read back, too tired to respond - but sleep well, everybody.

Oh, and somebody also wanted streams of chocolate - done!

Nite-nite!
                            ME!! It was me wanted a river of chocolate Dreamy!!:H Sleep tight xx

Think will head on now myself- nighters all xx

Comment

Thought it was you, Sweetiepeapie! Listen, I fiddled with your taps, one should run choclit from now on.

Nite!
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

DreamThinkDo;1628939 wrote: Thought it was you, Sweetiepeapie! Listen, I fiddled with your taps, one should run choclit from now on.

Nite!
                                :H:H Love ya Dreamy xxx Maybe should go have a bath now!!

Sweet dreams xx

Comment

Working...
                                X