Turning it around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning it around.

LB so glad to read your post, and look at the responses! Your sharing inspires others. Thanks for always being there! Congratulations!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Turning it around.

Congratulations LB and thanks for sharing your inspiring story! You are so right that things just somehow get better once the alcohol is gone. So wonderful that your hubby joined you too. Mine did too and it's made a world of difference for us individually and in our marriage together. Life will just keep getting better!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Turning it around.

Thank you for this beautiful post! It really shows how one's life can change for the better - emotionally, mentally, and physically. You are an inspiration!

I was reading something last night, that we are lucky to have this disease. If we want out of this shithole of a life, we must change. With the changes we make to become AF and recover, we gain so much more, more than "normal" people will ever know. Just like you and your family. Thanks LB.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Turning it around.

little beagle;1630149 wrote:
          To those just starting out. Do not give up. Persist. Hang on by your fingertips if you have to until you can pull yourself up. Someone will say something that will make a difference, the sun will shine just right, or who knows what it will be for you, but I promise it will happen. Just do not give in and let alcohol wash your life away in a flood of regrets.
          Live life. Look to the posative and not the negative. That is what I do every day.
          Thanks for this post, LB. It is true that reading here has helped me so much - there is always something I can relate to or learn from. This post of yours will certainly help many of us!

xo
          Pav

Comment

Turning it around.

Great post, LB, very life - affirming. What a weight lifted!
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Turning it around.

Much love to you LB, you have done so well :l
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Turning it around.

Congratulations on your 300 days LB, I am one of those you have helped through my first 30 days AF. Still AF and loving life. You made a huge impact in my recovery and I appreciate your checking in on me. Haven't been here in a while, but I check in here from time to time. Proud for you and hubby, keep on keeping on !
                "A good garden may have some weeds"
                Thomas Fuller

Comment

Working...
                X