PMS info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMS info

PMS keeps popping up, monthly I think. I just posted this on starting out but am starting a new thread here as it may help lots of people.

This is based on info in the book Womens Bodies Womens Wisdom by Dr Christiane Northrup.

Simply put the menstrual cycle is in two phases, pre ovulation and post ovulation.
    In the pre-ovulation stage we tend to be more inspired and active.
    The post ovulation stage is a time of reflection, a time when issues that we are keeping hidden keep coming up. Untill we take time to reflect on them and sort them out they keep coming back.

Unfortuanalty no one tells us that when we are young and we are expected to carry on as usual each week of each month when taking some time off to listen to our inner selves and mediatate would be more advantageus to us and all around us.

She also says this
    'There is a strong correlation between PMS and growing up in an alcoholic family system, in which parents and grandparents are alcoholic. There is a relationship between PMS and 'giving your life away' to meet other needs.'
    She says low blood sugar is common in children of alcoholics and this can exagerate PMS.

As far as self help she recommends
    Hi complex carbo, low fat diet, low dairy.
    Magnesium 150mg and a 50mg B complex
    No refined sugar, flour, caffeine.
    Increased essential fatty acids
    20 mins aerobic exercise 3 x week
    Full spectrum light, two hours am or pm from natural sources or special lamps.
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

PMS info

Thank you goingsobermum,

After reading your post I guess I am pre, I have had allot of of energy this week but some how i know it won't last. I find it interesting about the whole cycle, what a bummer.

I do the supps and it does help, thank you for your insight on this subject.

kitkat
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

PMS info

Well goingsobermum, what I have noticed is that the two weeks before my period I am in DANGER ZONE ie drink zone.
      So, I think I will order the book and have a long read.
      Amelia
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
      X