Finally, 30 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, 30 days

Great job Damo! Keep it going. Congratulations!

Comment

Finally, 30 days

mollyka;1631862 wrote: aaahhh - my lovely Damo!!!! Congratulations first and foremost ---- This gave me the warm and fuzzies waking up to it this morning!!!
      D'ya'know --- back when you had a wonderful period of sobriety --- not just the length of it --- but the contentment and peace you found during that period --- I followed you round the boards like a sick puppy -- I just COULDN'T get it --- I wanted what you had and you and quite a few others here were instrumental in 'turning' my brain to what I have today ---
      It is the subtle power of this place that when we think we are just helping ourselves that maybe a little word or an action can have such an affect on another ---- I am delighted for you --- and that you say it 'feels different this time' --- I feel different this time too --- the struggle is gone -- I had months and months of struggling sobriety --- but yeah ----- 'this time.......'

There's a Dublin meet-up btw 5th April if you want to meet quite a lot of those people you mentioned in your post????? Would love to see you there -

Keep on doing 'the next right thing' Damo --- that's what keeps me sober ---
      I'm happy for you mate:l
      Molly
      Thanks Molly and would love to meet you all.
      I will be in touch closer to the time.
      I am here to stay this time !!
      Talk soon
      Damo x
      Still trying !!!
      AF 25th June2014

Comment

Finally, 30 days

Thank you all for your kind words
        If I can offer any advise to newbies , please stick with it.
        Every time I slipped I regretted it. I hope now I can stay sober.
        Each slip has made it tougher to quit but quitting alcohol will always be the best decision in my life.

I really hope we can all keep going and staying away from the demon drink.

Cheers
        Damo in Dublin x
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

Finally, 30 days

Firefox;1631886 wrote: Well done Damo on 30 days onward and upwards. I reached 30 days and more in the past but had a few slipups so aiming for long so may be we can support each other. I also feel a lot better and positive tho energy and sleep needs improvement but staying sober will only improve this. :goodjob::cheering:clapping2:
          Thanks Firefox , I am supporting you all the way.
          Lets stick together on this and rack up good sober time.
          Wishing you the very best.
          Damo x
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Finally, 30 days

damo180;1632137 wrote: Thank you all for your kind words
            If I can offer any advise to newbies , please stick with it.
            Every time I slipped I regretted it. I hope now I can stay sober.
            Each slip has made it tougher to quit but quitting alcohol will always be the best decision in my life.

I really hope we can all keep going and staying away from the demon drink

Cheers
            Damo in Dublin x
            I'll drink (a glass of water!) to that Damo

Comment

Finally, 30 days

Great stuff and good on you. :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

Finally, 30 days

Right on damo! (for some reason spell check wants me to call you damp lol). 30 days is a grew accomplishment. I'm betting it's getting easier too eh? Don't let your guard down, there's no reason why you can't feel this good every day!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Finally, 30 days

3June2013;1632198 wrote: Right on damo! (for some reason spell check wants me to call you damp lol). 30 days is a grew accomplishment. I'm betting it's getting easier too eh? Don't let your guard down, there's no reason why you can't feel this good every day!
                  First Friday without a craving.
                  This evening would normally consist of chinese food, some secret beer and moe cans of beer at home, fall asleep, wake up later and back drinking til the early hrs...next morning wake up hungover , headache, terrible form, and drag myself to work and count the hrs til i start drinking again.

Tonight, I went for a run , helped make a nice pasta dinner, having a nice cuppa now with apple tart and cream mmmmm.
                  Feeling good,
                  Enjoy your weekend all
                  Damo x
                  Still trying !!!
                  AF 25th June2014

Comment

Finally, 30 days

But for all the Irish on here.....sweet Jesus the late late show tonight would drive u to drink :H
                    Still trying !!!
                    AF 25th June2014

Comment

Finally, 30 days

damo180;1632646 wrote: But for all the Irish on here.....sweet Jesus the late late show tonight would drive u to drink :H
                      Gave that lark up with the drink Damo :H
                      Awful mind numbing SHITE !!

Comment

Finally, 30 days

50 ish days sober.
                        Stressful time at the moment with a work colleague and friend dying suddenly.
                        After a really tough day in work , I had the worst craving on my way home.
                        I really wanted a beer.
                        But I didnt and glad now.
                        Another tough day tomorrow as my wife will be away overnight.
                        Thankfully I have a plan in place and WONT be drinking , 100%.
                        Work is going to be difficult as we come to terms with losing a really nice man.
                        Just needed to type this down. And have been browsing here for the last while which is a great help.
                        Thanks

Damo in Dublin
                        Still trying !!!
                        AF 25th June2014

Comment

Finally, 30 days

Sory about your friend, I want to offer my support, keep strong Damo. I always find the weekends are always hardest and with a friend dying I am sure you are feeling crap, add into the mix your wife being away and you need to be extra vigilant. Being aware of those flashing warning lights is half the battle imo, the two most dangerous words any of us can say is f**k it.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Finally, 30 days

Thanks Ktab and Molly for your kindness.
                            Plan worked , and all was grand.
                            Once I remember all the tips I have found here, I will stop drinking for good.
                            Apart from the occasional cravings and a really tough week this week, things are really good for me.
                            All areas in my life have improved , and its all because I no longer drink.

Cheers
                            Damo in Baile Atha Cliath :-) x
                            Still trying !!!
                            AF 25th June2014

Comment

Finally, 30 days

Good for you Damo.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Finally, 30 days

2 months af, didnt think i was ever going to get this af time up again.
                                Feeling confident but aware that i need to keep working on this.
                                Really appreciating the small things that are great about being sober.
                                Last night , my 14 yr old son asked could he go to a party in a school friends house which needed driving to. From 8 to 11 pm.
                                If he asked me 2 months ago I probably would not have let him or made some excuse for not being able to drive there. Nothing got in my way of friday night booze !!

Things are really good right now thanks to being sober.
                                Really grateful to this site. It is my main support.

Enjoy your weekend all

Damo in Dublin x
                                Still trying !!!
                                AF 25th June2014

Comment

Working...
                                X