Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARCH ON UNDIES.

aspman;1639568 wrote: sa wa di khap.
    :H:H I am maintaining detachment from Google translator today.

Drove my parents made playing the recorder - London's Burning and Pease Pudding spring to mind and I bloody wish they didn't now.

Off to do good works this morning fill you in later...

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

Not that I have them but...

Edible Undies Strawberry With Chocolate | eBay

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

Ahhh the dulcet tones of the melodica.....
        Even more nasal than the recorder from memory.

Is anyone old enough to remember the small bottles of milk delivered daily to schools and set out on the verandah, usually in the sun to go off by recess/little lunch?
        I had a teacher who used to get us to save the gold tops and she would put toffee in them for us. These days she'd be suspended without pay due to the food handling laws, or any number of other infractions.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

byebyebridgetjones;1639603 wrote:
          Is anyone old enough to remember the small bottles of milk delivered daily to schools and set out on the verandah, usually in the sun to go off by recess/little lunch?
          YESSSS! The cream used to rise to the top. And none of us died.

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

Oh Bridgey my love, they were the days.

Half off milk at little lunch is a memory from a special time and place. Our milk used to be delivered to a spot under the big tree in the school yard. I remember changing my name to Lassie and toasting to the excitement a new life offered under a brand new monica! I used to love sticking in my tongue, scooping out the thick cream resting on the top. We used to make necklaces out of our saved tops.

Then, I moved to the big smoke (Bathurst) and had a proper canteen like. We had coloured milk in boilers, scooped and served into our own plastic mugs by wrinkled old mothers (probably in their twenties) who were obviously on the tuck shop roster. Mostly the rich kids mother's.

We used to 'skate' on the ice from frost in the winter which formed on the concrete in front of the loos before school.

Once I got to fifth class, I wore socks with holey patterns OVER my stockings. I used to stitch my stocking when they got holes because we couldn't afford to replace them.

Yep, I'm procrastinating........
            It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
            Mother Theresa

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

Imagine repairing things instead of chucking them out
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

I remember yuge assemblies on the quadrangle. In summer people used to pass out in the heat, and in winter we had to sit on the freezing concrete while the boys pulled our plaits from behind.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

Our P&C fund raised to get big fridges to keep the milk cold. The year after that the milk deal got cut off...I'm buying this milk now - its real thick and creamy and apparently I'm only supposed to use it for cosmetic purposes...

Cleopatras Bath Milk for Beautiful Skin, Raw Natural Healthy Dairy Milk & Cream Goomboorian, Queensland

The locusts wont drink it, they say its too yellow

Have we had this discussion before? I seem to remember it, and the follow up with Perkins Paste

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

So....and I know you hate that Froglette...so, today, I did my first Meals on Wheels run...it was pretty cool, but it made me so thankful. No matter what you think is going arse up there is always something to be grateful for. All of my oldies were a joy. Cant really explain a lot but geez...

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

What a fabulous thing to do Happs. That would be an amazing experience.

I think we did have the perkins paste discussion, yes. No intellectual stone left unturned:H:H:H
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

Nice stuff Happs.

I bumped into an old bloke in the little town yesterday. He'd have to be in his mid 80s and I knew he was a full-time carer for his wife. They both still live independently but yesterday he told me he was crook and boy, did he look crook.

This morning I left a dozen bum nuts in their letter box with a little note. He just phoned and you'd think I'd given him an iPad. It takes so little ...

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

I am using all of my previous alki powers of manipulation and deception to squeeze as much out of my work day and into other areas as I can. Its marvellous.

We hit the high spots here, the PP discussion was bloody good.

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

tawnyfrog;1639655 wrote: This morning I left a dozen bum nuts in their letter box with a little note. He just phoned and you'd think I'd given him an iPad. It takes so little ...
                            Yes!! you got it Froglette...

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

UNDIES ... I'm fusking spewing!

Just had word that the Passport Office has rejected my photos because there's "a mark or fold" on the pics.

That's my face, Fuskknuckle! I have marks and folds, moron. I've earned them.

Comment

MARCH ON UNDIES.

:H:H:H

Ain't life grand......surrounded by fuskwidiots wherever we be!!
                                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X