X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Saturday 1 March

Morning Army!!!

White rabbit and all that...

Cape robins are up and singing, but only because I gave their nests a shake. Why should I be the only one up and about and here, apart from the Undie triathloner and a few people who are still living in yesterday?:H:H

Hope the mugs are not too bright, Sweetiepeapie.

Not sure about plans for the day at all. There's a lot of frozen figs that should be turned into jam and yellow cling peaches for chutney, but I think that is a project for a windy day. Shouldn't have to wait too long for that. :upset::upset:

Speak again much later Army ...
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Good morning Dreamy and all to come.

Dreamy: not sure where you get your canning jars from, but Consol has a factory shop in Stellies, where it works out quite a bit cheaper than in the co-op and most other places.

I have to take mum to the hairdresser, but other than that I also haven't decided how to spend the day.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tips!

Glad to see you're up - I've been talking to myself for hours! I got my current lot of canning jars come from Skelmbos, thanks. I should actually get some more, but to get me in a car and drive anywhere is a mission. I don't mind driving long distances - love it, in fact - but these short trips are :no!::no!::no!:

Are you doing the cake and coffee thing while Granny T is getting all prettied up?

Comment

Nah - the hairdresser is at a very small little centre nearby. Basically just a KwikSpar, pet supplies shop and the hairdresser. There are three other shops, but they're all standing empty. I'll just drop and collect her again. That way I don't have to get my 17 remaining hairs looking neat.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Molly.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Molly! Think I need a second cup too - outside this time - it is an absolutely beautiful day here! Until the Southeaster wakes up, of course.

Later!

Comment

Just wondering, Army - who has completed the MWO survey? Know we talked about it, but can't remember who has/hasn't.

Comment

Good morning Dreamy, MrT, Molls and everyone to come

Not right awake here- need me coffee and lots of it.

Dreamy- what had ye up so early? Did ye find out about the car chase yesterday? Thanks as always for the coffee- don't worry about how bright mugs are- not fussy this morn. What are they filled with tho- looks a funny sorta coffee that! I completed survey!

Good luck with avoidance of hairdresser MrT- those 17 remaining hairs are precious and must be protected at all costs xx

Hey Molls:l So yer all growed up and cured?! Sure last night was emotional one for ye. Will ye keep in touch with anyone from aftercare?

Work again today and right through til next Thursday- not good :upset:

Have a great Saturday folks xx

Comment

Mornin'

Comment

Coffee still not made...

Morning Sweetiepeapie - looooooong work week ahead of you - stay sane, ok? Satz is going to kill me when she sees the mugs, NoS or whatever she's calling herself this morning, too! No news on the car chase, but would you like to hear about the latest gossip-worthy affair? Or the new toilet paper makers? What happened on the golf course on Thursday? Why a maintenance had to "take a break" just after 8 a.m yesterday? Tree vandalism at one of the shops? Why person is not talking to persons X, Y and Z? Sleepy little village, my foot!

Oh dear, I see Satz has just surfaced. Shall I start running, you think? Morning Satzy!

Comment

Rant (ish) Alert

Molls I asked a 'few questions' before I went to sleep last night most importent tone hasn't been answered
                      Did they make YOU a cake ??
                      Went looking for sunglasses for Sweetie to save her being blinded daily by Dreamy's choice of mug:found these which are actually for babies -Jazus the world is gone nuts. Surely our bodies ,including , eyes are built to adapt to sunlight ??Wouldn't see other baby primates wearing sunnies .......:H

Amazon.com: Babiators Unisex-Baby Infant Ops Classic Sunglasses, Black, Large: Baby

Comment

mollyka;1632812 wrote: Those sunglasses are RIDICULOUS!!! Mind you -- Simon's party piece from about age 2 was to wear sunglasses upside down so s'pose it's no differ ---- well I didn't buy them for HIM --- he just took mine
                        He's the link Molls for Jamie -
                        Amazon.com: Babiators Unisex-Baby Infant Ops Classic Sunglasses, Black, Large: Baby
                        Scroll over the image they're cute all the same - if you want a 'mini me'

Comment

Unisex sunglasses, too.

FFS - the cheese I bought yesterday is mouldy! And I was so looking forward to a cheese and biltong omelette this morning. Now I have to schlep into the hotbed of vice and other things to sort it out. :stomper: Not a calamity in the greater scheme of things but AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffee. In the shade of a pear tree (which I thought was an apricot one when I moved in:H:H:H).

Comment

mollyka;1632814 wrote: FFS --- and the gas thing is --- despite Si being the one who wore them (even to bed sometimes) I'm betting if I bought them for Jamie -- he'd just look at me like I was a daft aul bat haha!!! Mind you --- he's off swanning round Thailand for a week so mebbe I could get in quick
                            What's you doing today?Not a thing planned Molls -I suppose I'll eventually bring himself out on the lead for a walk....
                            Apart from the the world's my lobster :H
                            DreamThinkDo;1632816 wrote: Unisex sunglasses, too.

FFS - the cheese I bought yesterday is mouldy! And I was so
                            looking forward to a cheese and biltong omelette this morning. Now I have to schlep into the hotbed of vice and other things to sort it out. :stomper: Not a calamity in the greater scheme of things but AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffee. In the shade of a pear tree (which I thought was an apricot one when I moved in:H.
                            :H at hotbed of vice
                            Cut the mould off - isn't cheese MEANT to be mouldy ??

Comment

Wot's a biltong

Comment

Working...
                              X