• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - March 2014

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

I think we've had this image before but I really like it. I'm glad we are all moving ..... one step at a time....
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

And to answer the kitty question - yes, I still have Cheddar.

We have - Freddie (grandma kitty), Peach (old, grouchy male), Shadow (another male but not so grouchy) and Cheddar (female and sneaky :H ).

We did have quite a bit of rain last night & today and we needed it BAD!!!

Bastet - I didn't realize that you were in the Bay area. That is where my husband has been for the past 3 months. I love that area.

Ok - back to bed for me. I woke up & realized that I hadn't started the March thread so I couldn't sleep. :H Now we are official.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora...you are way too committed to us!!:h
        Bastet - I know you are considering moderating and I am not one who forces you to chose a side...As Kradle said, this is your journey. It sounds like wine is a big part of your social life with hubs, and I totally get that. I have date night with hubs on Saturday night and allow myself some wine. I do not drink during the week. I do not sneak drinks anymore. I do not drink and drive...remember I got a DUI.
        I do not have horrible cravings anymore. I get them, but not like I used to. I know I may well be considered a heretic, and if that makes people happy or feel better about themselves, then go for it.
        And the key for me...I no longer run to the bottle for comfort. I have shitty, stressful days and I deal with it. SO do what is best for you and know that we are here to taslk about it.
        What does your hubs think??
        Lucky and Axl are having a stare down......Lucky isn't real sure about this new little brother. Axl is manic....running and jumping and leaping all over the place. It's adorable
        Good for you on the run Fenny. My hips ache when I wake up. WTH??
        Coffee and kitties for me
        Love you Nora....wherr did Sunnibutt disapper to?
        Kradle...I will read your thread at some point today. Did you go on a motorcycle ride?
        Stay warm Dots...
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

and Fennel.....we will be here to help with your Mom. I can never repay all the love and compassion given to me while Pop died, but I can sure try.

Comment

Bastet I think of moderating too. I'm not ready yet, but hope someday I will be able to. I'm probably not being realistic, but I am hopeful. I still having cravings and know once I start I won't be able to stop. Mama you give me hope. I would love to just have one glass of wine with dinner and leave it there.
            Looking forward to a quiet weekend. Off to my sisters house to plan the bridal shower with the bridesmaids. More snow in the near future so I'll have to go food shopping too. So glad it's march and spring is right around the corner, can't take this weather anymore
            Happy weekend all. Gotta get on that dreadmill and run. I do about an hour and 15 mins. I work up to 6.1 miles per hour and cool down to 4.0. I need to find something good on tv to watch.

Comment

Thanks for the March kickoff Nora,aah moderation,i actually did do a pretty good job for awhile i'd open a beer,take a few sips and not even want the rest,sometimes i feel like abstaining makes me want it more,but im okay where im at right now,ive made tons of progress so im happy,it's your journey Bastet and your life,ugh i dont want to go to work bleh! serious case of the f-its this morning,plus i think i drank too mucho coffee,hate that,i need to learn to space it out instead of chugging it down to wake up then feel all jittery,hope everybody has a good saturday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all,
                6 months today!!!!
                Off to get some groceries to make potato soup...more snow on the way tomorrow night..
                mama we had 2 kittens that were brother an sister...they were a blast to watch..better than TV..I will do that again when the 2 old men we have now leave us....no more doggies...we are at the legal limit for our county.....but who is counting...;-))
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

internet down I'm afraid . I'm speaking into my 2 inch phone.
                  determined to live up to Nora's incredible commitment to us!!
                  post later I hope........
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

6 months Dottie- woo woo well done !!!!!!!!!
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Nora, I LOVE that image...thank you so much for posting it, and hosting this thread. :h

Mama, thanks for your kind words...I know you guys will all be here for me.

Dottie...6 months is awesome!!! :happy:

Kradle...I hope your internet gets fixed quickly...the whole posting by phone thing gets old really fast. :h

Nora, J's bro and SIL had two cats- one was named "Peach", the other "Fuzz", LOL! They passed away from old age, but those names were cute.

Mrs. Fen was up hacking and snerting all night, due to what turned out to be an "actual" cold. She always thinks she's getting sick and never does...so, I was pretty surprised! Soon, she will begin her throat clearing thing that makes her sound like Arnold Ziffel, LOL!

Comment

Pauly, I hear you about too much coffee...I usually drink dark roasts, which have less caffeine than lighter roasts. Sometimes, I get some lighter than darker stuff and when I drink my usual amount, I feel like I'm on amphetamines! Tingling in my face and fingers, heart racing...yucky stuff.

Comment

Got an inch of snow here last night. No big deal, but more tonight.

Comment

Wow Dottie 6 months thats incredible!! im so super happy for you
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dots...awesome job on six months. I made it 8 months once...
                              I have been cleaning like a madwoman. I posted on FB that I had the lost the game of waiting for my boys to clean their bathroom, and now I need to be air lifted to the CDC in Atlanta for decomtamination!
                              Gonna flop for a bit
                              Enjoy the shower Lizz.
                              Axl is curled up sleeping with Clay. Cute!

Comment

Working...
                              X