One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dottie wow 6 months - that is truly amazing! Did you set out with a specific goal in mind when you started or did you just abstain and the time kept growing? In any case I am very happy for you!

Kradle, Pauly, Lizann, Mama and everyone else thanks so much for addressing the moderating question. One thing that struck me as I read your posts was the interesting point that this was my journey. I know you are suppose to quit for yourself and it won't work if you do if for someone else but the truth is my daughters told me they would not spend Christmas with me if I didn't do something about my drinking. I agree something needed to be done but I also think it might be possible for me to have a glass every once in awhile. My husband feels differently.

Mama is Lucky a dog or cat? Aren't kittens the cutest things! I love the way they seem to have springs on their paws and bounce off of stuff.

Lizann I hope planning the shower goes well. I imagine as the wedding gets closer time will seem to speed up.

Nora thanks for starting the March thread, I really like the picture you chose. I'm not completely sure but I have gathered from your past posts that your husband is in the Bay Area because of a relative. It sounds like you have been apart for sometime. Do you ever visit him and get to do some of the fun things around here?

Well here's to another month. I hope that those of you in the snowy parts get to feel some spring soon!

Comment

Bastet I didn't have any real goal except to NOT drink....the time just built up with that in mind...I counted days until I got to 5 months and have just been taking each day as another day to NOT drink...It has not been an easy ride but so worthwhile so far and I don't see that changing any.
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie - really happy for you! :h I know it hasn't been an easy road but you are showing me how to do it. Thank you!

Kradle - I am hoping that we can talk soon. I am so happy about your visit with Matt & I can't wait to hear how the Sunday phone call goes. :l

Bastet - Hubby is up there staying with his Dad. Son & I have flown up for one weekend but not enough time to really do anything. I need to save all my vacation time to go up to Oregon to be with my Mom. So, I can't go for more than a weekend up to see hubby.

Fen - sorry that I missed that about your Mom and her breathing. Does she wear the oxygen at home all the time now?

Did I tell you that I had all 4 kitties and 2 dogs at dinner the other night? That just never happens - I had to run and get another dish. I usually have 2 kitties show up and sometimes 3 kitties. But, all of a sudden, all 4 of them were there.

I had a good session with my therapist today. She suggested or 'let me come up with the idea' :H.....of going to AA again. So, I am seriously thinking about that. First off though, I am going to pull out my AA big book and the daily meditation book. Plus, I have literature that I never read from Women for Sobriety. So, I will be getting all that together and reading.

I got home from seeing her and got busy. I had stopped at Wal-Mart on my way home for some groceries. I ended up buying two new doggie beds. One is supposed to be orthopedic - I was hoping it would be more comfortable for Molly and her sore legs. Then I got busy cleaning & laundry, etc. for hours. Whew - really needed it and so much more to do. Did I say how much I miss my hubby?

Ok - going to try to go back to sleep. Don't know if I mentioned, but Casey is turning 27 years old on Monday. I have some shopping to do tomorrow.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks for the new thread Nora. Gosh - March already!

Congrats on the 6 months Dottie - that's great!

I had a lunch catch up with some of the lovely people from the Undies thread today - the first MWOers I've ever met in person. It was such fun!
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good Sunday morning all,
            Having coffee and watching Sunday morning feeling good about things.
            Hope everyone has a great day.
            FT
            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Good Sunday morning to you FT!
              Glass...that is really neat. Who did you meet if you don't mind me asking.
              Nora, AA might be good. I had to hunt for a meeting I liked. It has to be the right fit. I am glad your therapy went well. I have never known a therapist that practices on Saturday!
              Lucky and Axl are both kitties, Bastet.
              About moderating...I don't want to condone or encourage drinking. But I am being honest when I tell my story. I would feel awful if someone says "Mama does it, so I am going to".
              My neck and back are a little sore from my frenetic cleaning yesterday, so I am going to curl up with hubs and watch "Gravity" on Uverse.
              Nora, can I be your pet? I need a theraputic bed!
              Grant turns 22 on the 10th. He and Casey are close on birthdays!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Dottie..again.....congratulations. 6 months is huge!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hello all,
                  The morning started out with freezing rain/sleet. Now snowing and maybe more sleet....not going anywhere..poor doggies are sliding around on the patio, dh took the new doggie for a walk down the back of our yard. What a mess and I am just so darn tired of this...feel trapped....hope this is the last snow..but I know it probably isn't.
                  Need to clean the dryer vents so today may be the day....it is a 2 person job so I will put dh to work...no slackers here...
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, you must be getting the snow that we got yesterday. I hear you, this is so disheartening. I'm tired of being cold, I'm tired of breathing freezing, zero humidity air, all I want is to go to my cabin, but a) it's too freaking cold and b) I won't be able to get my fennel-mobile down the 1/2 mile driveway to get in there. I will have to park out by the cow gate and hike in.

Comment

Nora, yeah...my mom is on oxygen all the time, now. :upset: My sister called this morning and told us not to come to my niece's play. My niece is sick, all my sister's friends are sick, half the cast of the show is sick...she's afraid my mom will get sick, too. A simple cold is enough to put mom in a serious tail spin, so we're staying put.

Comment

Oh that's such a shame Fennel.

Gee that cold weather sounds awful - it must feel like it's never going to end!

Mama the meeting was with Rags, Myhappyplace and Aspman. Such lovely people!
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Sounds fun Glass,i wish we could all meet each other,i wonder if we'd get along in real life?haha lazyish day here today Louie and Kell and Little Bobbi are over all being rowdy,so i'll check in later
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Glass, I know it's summer for you right now, but I'm curious...how cold does your neck of the woods get in winter?

Mrs. Fen remembered an ancient steam vaporizer she bought at a garage sale a couple of years ago...you know, the ones that have been replaced by cool mist vaporizers due to safety reasons. :H:H:H

Anyhoo, we filled 'er up and plugged 'er in...but nada. I remember the guy swore it still worked, so I took it apart and cleaned it up really well. Now, it's steaming away and I'm sitting by it like it's a freaky fun campfire! That's how I'm getting my kicks.

I know they're not as safe as the newer ones, but I think they work way better.

Comment

I wish we could all meet, too. I've had the pleasure of meeting a few peeps from here...and I met an online friend in New Zealand once when Mrs. Fen and I traveled there, which was so awesome.

Pauly, the first time I met Nora was in Vegas...maybe we can all meet there sometime. She, hubs, Mrs. Fen and I all visited the Atomic museum there, a longtime passion of Nora's hubs. It was really cool! Mrs. Fen and I took in the "Zumanity" show, which I really liked. We crossed over to AZ and did some awesome hiking, too.

Comment

Thats cool Fen! sounds like you guys had fun,ive never seen "zumanity"i heard its naughty haha,we had a good day today,hubs grilled chicken,its all overcast and cozy but its making me sleepy at 5:30 p.m.time to put my p.j's on and watch mindless t.v,have a good one peeps
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X