One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paulywogg;1633540 wrote: Thats cool Fen! sounds like you guys had fun,ive never seen "zumanity"i heard its naughty haha,we had a good day today,hubs grilled chicken,its all overcast and cozy but its making me sleepy at 5:30 p.m.time to put my p.j's on and watch mindless t.v,have a good one peeps
    I guess it's a "little" naughty...it was really acrobatic and in good taste, but I'm probably a bit of a perv. :H

I hope you have a good night.:H

Comment

I remember those steam humidifiers! We had one growing up. It had a long hose on the end almost like a hookah pipe and the steam got incredibly hot. God I have not thought of that thing in ages. I'm sure I'm dating myself but I always felt kind of cozy when my mom would bring it out. I hope Mrs. Fen feels better.

Comment

Thanks, Bastet...
        yeah, the thing gets really hot...and there's a little compartment to put Vick's Vapo-rub in, so it can be delivered via steam. It is a truly comforting, childhood memory type of thing. I'm so glad it's working.

Comment

Yep fen I remember it too...guess some of us are about the same age.....
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, I am 52. My mom is 85, and my dad would be 99 if he were alive. I remember my mom rubbing Vicks on my chest and wrapping a flannel around me and fastening it with a safety pin. So comforting!

Comment

Oh... And the requisite vaporizer, of course!

Comment

Fen I think us "over 50's" have good memories...I remember the flannel shirt too...
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I'm back from the Keys and I had a BRILL weekend... ) It was really good for the soul. The Keys are the last place on earth you want to go to if you're in a hurry though... once you get on their time frame it's do-able.

Awright, going to have a quick squizz back on the thread and then it's time for a luvverly sleep in my own comfy bed with Dougie and Hamish... I missed my fluffballs.

Comment

Dottie... I'm 51 and a half and I can hardly remember anything. If it's not on "the list" it doesn't get accomplished... period... )

Comment

Nora... thanks for kicking the thread off and I think it's your turn in Words! X I'm glad the group were together again for dinner... so cute!

Mama... more kitten reportage! I love wee kittens and pics would be great. ) I had a very bad moment last night when I heard our host's dog had killed a cat in their back yard. I'm still not au fait with it. He's retired NYPD so I'm giving a margin of error for him being desensitized, but he almost sounded proud and that really pissed me off but I had to be nice, so I said nowt. The dog almost got a second one, he escaped without his tail.

Dottie... 6 months is awesome.

Fen... hang in there. I am so scared of that time coming with my mum. She's 87. (She was quite old when she had me, back in those days. Yours was too...) X

The cat that dog killed was a stray so nobody complained. I need to get it out of my mind... it's really been bothering me. But I think ants are crap and I'll kill one in a nano second... I suppose that's how that guy thinks of cats. ( That hound will never set foot in the door in my house though, that's for sure. They come up this way often and I am so glad I never had them to stay. If a dog attacked one of my cats Mama would be driving down to bail me out... AGAIN! I love all those Youtube vids on inter-species friendships with animals btw.

I think I'm alone on the thread so I'll take orf to watch some Netflix now. I'm on The L Word at the moment but needing to mix it up with something else if anyone has a suggestion.

p.s. Bastet... Mama's Lucky is a cat. I think he's a tuxedo but you'd need to ask Mama. I'm really liking your choice in cats by the way. Does your new one get on OK with your older cat? You have two, right? I know you used to breed them so maybe you have more lurking! ;o)

Comment

fennel;1633524 wrote: Glass, I know it's summer for you right now, but I'm curious...how cold does your neck of the woods get in winter?
                        The lowest it?s ever been where I am is 32F, but it doesn?t usually go below about 38. The avg for the middle of winter is 50 - 70. And the hottest winter day on record was 95.7 in 2009. If it gets below 40 for more than 3 days in a row we all get totally miserable and start complaining we're hard done by! :H
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1633599 wrote: The lowest it?s ever been where I am is 32F, but it doesn?t usually go below about 38. The avg for the middle of winter is 50 - 70. And the hottest winter day on record was 95.7 in 2009. If it gets below 40 for more than 3 days in a row we all get totally miserable and start complaining we're hard done by! :H
                          I'm envious! I do like snow, though...just not this much, this long! :H

Comment

Woke up this morning, and during the night, Mrs. Fen flung one of her tissues squarely on top of the steam hole/vapo-rub cup of the steamer, basically rendering it useless.

She's feeling better, although still doing that "Arnold Ziffel" noise. :H

Comment

Morning Lovies.
                              Back at work....
                              I just turned 53 and I remember vaporizers too
                              It's 60 here today
                              not much to report
                              cleaned Saturday, hung out Sunday, went to Nana's for dinner..same ole, same ole
                              hope Mrs Fen is better
                              Nora, where are you?
                              Hiya Glass
                              I have met Sunshine Daisies and Ruby Willow in person....a meet up would be awesome
                              Welcome home Zennifer!
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Here is a very funny episode of "Green Acres"..."Love comes to Arnold Ziffel". Due to a long time feud with Mr. Haney, Fred Ziffel forbids Arnold to see his true love, Mr. Haney's daughter Cynthia (basset hound). :H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSvZMLYBioY[/video]]Green Acres S03 E03 Love Comes to Arnold Ziffel - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X