One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kradle123;1639960 wrote: Ok we are now officially an R rated thread...Sorry Kradle ? I think that was my fault! :blush:

K9Lover;1639977 wrote: I hope it's not Boot Camp...I would fail!
    It's the training to be a 911 Dispatcher, and he said you are in "training" basically until you can do the job on your own. During my interview I was told it takes about a year to become completely comfortable on your own.
    K9 ? of course you?ll pass training. I bet the ones who have failed are nowhere near as passionate, committed, intelligent, experienced and determined as you, so you?ll be a sure thing.

Zenstyle;1639993 wrote:

Glass? Nora and I play Words with Friends! :wow:
    Well that?s OK ? we?re all open minded here., and I know Nora's been missing her hubby. Looks like Mama and I aren?t the only secret girlfriends. :H

We have the same issue here with cheap junk food, but perhaps not to quite the same extent. It doesn?t affect me too much, because being a vego there?s not much junk food I can eat and I probably wouldn?t anyway because it makes me feel sick. Luckily all the healthy food training has passed on to the Glasslets as well and they eat really well. You seem to have cheap cigarettes over there too. A packet here usually costs at least $20, but people still seem to smoke.

I don't blame you for being a conspiracy theorist Zen, there seems to be a lot more money being poured into fixing the symptoms than preventing the problems!
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Kradle123;1639960 wrote: Ok we are now officially an R rated thread...Sorry Kradle ? I think that was my fault! :blush:

K9Lover;1639977 wrote: I hope it's not Boot Camp...I would fail!
      It's the training to be a 911 Dispatcher, and he said you are in "training" basically until you can do the job on your own. During my interview I was told it takes about a year to become completely comfortable on your own.
      K9 ? of course you?ll pass training. I bet the ones who have failed are nowhere near as passionate, committed, intelligent, experienced and determined as you, so you?ll be a sure thing.

Zenstyle;1639993 wrote:

Glass? Nora and I play Words with Friends! :wow:
      Well that?s OK ? we?re all open minded here., and I know Nora's been missing her hubby. Looks like Mama and I aren?t the only secret girlfriends. :H

We have the same issue here with cheap junk food, but perhaps not to quite the same extent. It doesn?t affect me too much, because being a vego there?s not much junk food I can eat and I probably wouldn?t anyway because it makes me feel sick. Luckily all the healthy food training has passed on to the Glasslets as well and they eat really well. You seem to have cheap cigarettes over there too. A packet here usually costs at least $20, but people still seem to smoke.

I don't blame you for being a conspiracy theorist Zen, there seems to be a lot more money being poured into fixing the symptoms than preventing the problems!

Comment

Zenstyle;1640040 wrote: Ummm... or you post too MUCH from that damn phone!
        :H:H:H

Comment

Hey, no fair! I want a secret girlfriend, too!

Comment

Rainy and 57 degrees today. Right back down to winter this weekend. I'm really tired of this weather!

I'm leaving for the cabin directly after my interview today...but I'll be certain to hike a mile and a half to the nearest hill to catch up on you all...or, maybe I'll drive to the Farm and Fleet store...good times, good times!

Comment

Off to the gym then run a few errands. Still cold but they say it will warm up. Yea sure it will....
              So much love and friendship going around....;-))
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey all,Glass,my best friend was a vegetarian and all she ate was junk food! i once saw her eat almost an entire loaf of french bread,and lunch was sometimes chee-tos haha man i miss her,and yes cigs here are cheap the ones i buy are $4.45 a pack,i wish i'd quit smoking but just thinking about it makes me anxious,dunno why,last nite i had a weird sorta anxious,creepy,sorta headachy feeling,dunno what it was,has anyone here ever taken wellbutrin?doc gave it to me this last visit,says it'll help me quit smoking,have energy,lift mood,sound like a feckin wonder pill eh?i've yet to take it,hope everybody has a lovely friday
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly, Dottie! You know, there's a lot of highly processed vegetarian foods out there...you'd be amazed. I love the cheetos for lunch story. :H

Is everybody skiving off work today? Maybe doing a "POTTS" day instead of "POETS"? :H

Comment

Fen dh and I are retired. I took an early retirement because my job was literally killing me. He is 16 years older so he retired a while back. He incouraged me to quit and do some fun things with him..I am still waiting..dancing is fun but I cant get him to do that every week. I am doing very well to get him to the gym 3 days this week..this is a world record for him...
                    I dont eat much of the processed vegan/vegetarian foods. No Cheetos at all. I try to cook fresh foods but there are some processed foods we eat but I am a label reader for sure.
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Mama - What season of Dexter are you on? A LOT is going to happen so I'm not saying anything. And WHO was married in real life...Dexter and Debra?? I ordered Six Feet Under from the library (DVD's)...he is in that too. I am gonna start it this weekend, although I am pretty hooked on House of Cards. I watched one episode of American Horror Story, and it's not for me! It's not that it's scary, I just do go for that supernatural stuff.

Pauly - I took Wellbutrin YEARS ago. I was in a relationship then and it made me have no interest in checkers. Then again, maybe it was just the person I was with that had that effect on me. LOL

Did someone say Cheetos? I love those things! And Double-Stuff Oreos.

GHE - Thank you for the kind words....awww! I just want the chance to prove myself!

Tuesday I take the lie detector test. There's all these rules about not drinking alcohol for 48 hours prior (why?) and not taking any over the counter drugs that day. Do they do a pee test or something?? Not that it will be a problem...I am just nosy! Plus...now I have to find my final divorce decree...the guy noticed it wasn't the official version. LOL I sent an email to the court...at least I can honestly say "I have requested it".

Mmmmmm my coffee is good today...Carmel Macchiato creamer! Me and WHN are hooked on coffee creamers. My fave is Coconut or White Chocolate Macadamia. Ok, all this talk about food, yes I am hungry.

Be back later...love you all! :h
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Dottie, it's awesome that you're getting hubs to the gym that often. I confess, I will slip an Amy's pot pie in the oven instead of cooking when Mrs. Fen isn't around...it's convenient.

K9, I'm thinking of you. Weird about no alcohol within 48 hours. Maybe it messes with the blood pressure too much to get an accurate reading on the machine.

See you cats on Sunday!

Comment

fennel;1640183 wrote: Hey, no fair! I want a secret girlfriend, too!
                          OK ? but don?t tell Mama! :H

Pauly/Fen - You?re absolutely right that vegos can have a terrible diet. I guess when I was talking about cheap junk food I was thinking of the main offenders that offer $2 crap on a bun that pretends to be a meal. At least Cheetos are honest about being nothing but rubbish! But I guess the same thing applies; a bag of garbage can cost $1, but fruit or nuts will be at least 5 times that amount.

Pauly ? I don?t know much about Wellbutrin but like everything it will have side effects. Good luck with it and I hope it really is a wonder pill for you.

Comment

I took an antidepressant years ago and I totally lost interest in checkers....I stopped taking it..that was worse than being depressed..
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Fen- I am SO gonna cut you for stealing my girl:H
                              I am only on season 1 K9
                              I have had a shitty day...my part timer quit and walked out.....no loss....but now I have to find another person and I HATE hiring
                              I inherited this girl from another property and I didn't want her to begin with...whatever....
                              grumpy pants here.....
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I have often thought my Paxil has not helped my sex life....but I don't want to be depressed....
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X