One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1641336 wrote: Right... hang on till you hear THIS one. Here's what happened earlier. I'm really quite freaked out about it. This teen to young 20's female appears from nowhere and is hanging out in my side yard with a chihuahua... noon-ish, maybe 12.30. And I swear to Gawd she is doing something really nasty to that dog... she was bent over it for almost half an hour, and I'm not going to describe this but I KNOW what I saw and that was NUTS.

So... I remembered Cher was home today (her mum is coming into town from New Jersey). She tells me it's probably best to go out and confront her, which I do (yuuuuck....) and it turns out she is a guest in one of the town houses in my community.

So what do you think about THAT then? I am frikken flommoxed on this one. I should have called the cops. That poor dog.

OK. I swear... I am in possession of my faculties! Really, I am! Gawd, if anyone had ever said I'd see something like that in my yard I'd never have believed it.

Puppy love.

Glad I have an alarm system.
    Zenstyle;1641368 wrote:
    The dog thing is bad. She was doing it to his little weiner. Ya know? I'm actually grossed out... ugh Half an hour... flips sakes. OK... I'm emailing the HOA. Enough already... right?
    Sorry guys, I've tried and tried to keep silent on this one and I don't know if Zen is serious or not, but if this is the sort of place where people think it's ok for someone to even joke about watching this sort of thing for half an hour without intervening then I don't belong here.

I'm sad - because I love many of you! xxx
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Oh Glassy,dont leave,i think Zen was just baffled at the time,suck in a stupor,if it was me i'd kick the chicks ass!don't be leaving us lady
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Don't leave Glassy!

I think it was just hard to comprehend, and I get that. Believe me, NONE of us think that is OK...in fact we are repulsed, disgusted and still in disbelief!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1642426 wrote: Don't leave Glassy!

I think it was just hard to comprehend, and I get that. Believe me, NONE of us think that is OK...in fact we are repulsed, disgusted and still in disbelief!
          Agreed!

Zenny, I do think you should talk to the dog's owner and find out who that woman was. He needs to know that his dog was abused by her. She needs serious help and the dog needs to be protected from her.

Comment

paulywogg;1642419 wrote: Oh Glassy,dont leave,i think Zen was just baffled at the time,suck in a stupor,if it was me i'd kick the chicks ass!don't be leaving us lady
            K9Lover;1642426 wrote:
            Don't leave Glassy!

Baffled - 2 minutes

Unable to comprehend - 3 minutes at most

30 minutes - not sure what you call it over there but here it's an accomplice
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

come on Glass...don't leave us...
              back to work for me...staying out of this one
              love you all unconditionally
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1642407 wrote: Sorry guys, I've tried and tried to keep silent on this one and I don't know if Zen is serious or not, but if this is the sort of place where people think it's ok for someone to even joke about watching this sort of thing for half an hour without intervening then I don't belong here.

I'm sad - because I love many of you! xxx
                Glass Half Empty;1642401 wrote:

Zen, I'm a little confused. You said you saw this going on for quite a long time. Was there some reason you let this happen without confronting her and stopping it? Or did you take any photos?
                Glass... I did confront her on Monday, and asked her to go back to the townhouse with the dog... which she did. I kept an eye out all afternoon and she didn't re-emerge with the dog and I haven't seen her since. I didn't realize right away what was happening... it wasn't obvious. When it dawned on me, I went out there and intervened.

It was a one-off incident, I'd never seen the girl or the dog before that and I've only seen the dog with his owner today... they're new to the neighborhood. I don't know what townhouse they are in so couldn't even point the cops in the right direction. And I'm not keen on confronting the guy on my own either... I have no idea what he's like.

There were a couple of reasons I didn't call the police when it happened, the main one being it would be my word against hers... it's not like she was beating the dog... in absence of any "evidence" what would the police do? Like I said, I can't even give them the address. I could have followed the guy today but don't want to do that for the same reason I don't want to confront him on my own.

I'm not saying it's right at all Glass. I've talked to the HOA about it and I think the Board should be the ones to handle it.

I'm sorry if you're disappointed in me. I promise if there is a repeat performance I'll call the police... maybe they'll go door to door to find the townhouse. Or maybe they'll tell me I'm off my rocker and to stop wasting their time. In any event... if it happens again I'll make the call. I'll be ready for it this time... I was so bloody confused on Monday I didn't know WHAT to do quite frankly.

Comment

well said Zen

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1642431 wrote: Baffled - 2 minutes

Unable to comprehend - 3 minutes at most

30 minutes - not sure what you call it over there but here it's an accomplice
                    No Glass... I didn't watch it going on for 30 minutes knowing it was happening... as soon as it dawned on me I intervened. I'm an animal lover myself... I wouldn't have watched it knowing what was going on. Christ, who would even THINK that's what she was up to? I couldn't see clearly what was going on... and my mind certainly didn't go there right away.

I agree, I could have handled it better. If she'd been beating the dog it would have been a no-brainer... I simply didn't know what to do about it except stop her and get her to take the dog back to the townhouse.

Comment

Also... today's the first time I saw the guy from the townhouse. I could have gone back there with her on Monday and ended up facing a load of druggies or something. I have NO idea who these people are.

Like I said, I think letting the Board handle it is the best route. And if it happens again I'll be ready and I'll not hesitate to call the police. And maybe the guy is approachable, but I'd rather not do that alone for obvious reasons.

Comment

Mama - How did you come to be talking to a former boss of PG&S? And did she have any good stories you'd like to share with us??
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Glass, Zenny did confront her...she's in no way an accomplice to that sick deed.

Comment

K9Lover;1642441 wrote: Mama - How did you come to be talking to a former boss of PG&S? And did she have any good stories you'd like to share with us??
                            Yes, please...the stories must be plentiful and entertaining.

Comment

her property called me for some pricing....so I asked to speak to the boss as I knew Bri once worked for her
                              She opened up after a bit and told me
                              - Bri likes drama...no shit
                              - Bri likes to sleep around - no shit
                              - Bri cries and fights with her boyfriend all the time - no shit
                              - Bri is an evil, conniving bitch - OH SHIT
                              -Bri would call HR behind their backs and try to start shit.....grrrrr
                              (MY boss would not even give her the tmie of day if she tried that shit with me)
                              so I innocently mentioned to Bri that I had spoken with this person...and Bri went on and on about all the other person's drama - she has herpes, she's a bitch, she tried to get her fired....sigh...
                              So- I am in hunker down mode and being strictly professional. I may have a long talk with my boss next week. I do not want to have to watch my back and not be able to trust people. But...I also think the truth is somewhere in the middle and I may just be quiet
                              plus...she's pregnant and the potential liability to me and my company is HUGE
                              fuck me...I despise drama

Comment

Holy crap, mama! At least your boss will know what to look out for. I bet her former boss was happy to get rid of her.

I think Bri really showed her true colors divulging all the stuff she did. Also shows why it's a good idea to keep a distance from her. Yuck!

Comment

Working...
                                X