One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pauly...you CAN do this....come on girl....
    dinner in the oven, kitties fed and Mama is flopping
    Pauly, can you stop or will you keep drinking tonight?
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Pauly you can do this.....stop NOW!!! Do u know what triggered this??? What else could u have done besides drink?? That was my biggie....find another way to cope besides drinking....not always easy but doable?? Come here and vent..that has worked for me...with apologies to folks for having to read it all but it is a way to release the built up tension....
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Paula, eat eat eat girl! You can afford some pounds, your too skinny! I'm eating noodles an hot sauce and believe u me AL would go down horribly right about now. :l:l:h:h
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Oh crud,just a shitty day at work,started off with some drunk walking out of the bar next to my job yelling"what do you do suck dick for a living"then some guy trying to sell a digorno frozen pizza for 2 bux,then its the 3rd of the month so everyone on any kind of assistance comes in,which means yucky smelly people,i just had had it!! yes i couldve diverted,could have napped but Bradys friends came over and you know how 16 year olds are,loud! aaah i hate my job so much,im grateful i have it but tbh,most of the girls i work with either smoke weed or drink to get through the day,i have to take klonopin,its a shop a few blocks from the strip,lots of low-income appartments,and riff-raff,its just too much! i cannot work anywhere else cuz on a good day i can rake in 300 bux,nowhere else is gonna be like that,heaven help my sorry ass
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dottie, how awful and sad. :l I'm taking care of my GFs German Shepard. He is big boy and definitely ALL MALE!! I would be mortified if anything were to happen to him.

K9 I am thinking of you honey and sending daimoku to you and Sierra. Our babies are so precious:l

Nora :l not certain where u are right now. I need to read back.

Zen, I was going to wait to pm you about Matt and then he got his tooth knocked out so I am dealing with that. I wish I were in k friction largo right about now:l....and that us hard about the cat....

Dropping in- hard day on the phone coordinating oral surgeons ...dentists, insurance...which may I just say now is a totally worthless piece of crap. They won't cover Matthieu because he isn't in state....boo macabre...phewy

On hold with the insurance as I type...
            :h

Comment

Pauly, for me, the hardest thing is dealing with a crappy day/stress without drinking. DreamThinkDo posted a link to a great blog called "Zen habits for quitting" here in the general section. It's really worth a look.

Also, I haven't been posting back here very long (so I don't know about your habits), but have you ever tried yoga or meditation? It's so calming, I can't describe how amazing it feels.

Sorry you're having a crappy evening, but things can get a lot better without alcohol. :l

Comment

Dottie, so sorry about your friend's pup. So hard to lose our furry friends. :l

Kradle, that sucks about Matt's tooth...insurance companies can be such pains in the butt! Hang in there. :h

Nora, I hope you are having a good celebration with Casey! :h

Comment

Pauly - checking in.......I have shitty days too, but if I drink to excess the next day is miserable
                  Kradle - I am so sorry about Matt's tooth. What in the world happened?
                  Hey Fen....heading to bed soon, but I will say prayers for all...

Comment

Mama, I hope you get a little time to watch the Green Acre's link I posted. I showed it to my mom today and she laughed her butt off! That was one of my fave shows as a kid.

Give Lucky and Axl a pat for me and have a good night. :h

Comment

Pauly you truly are an inspiration though I'm sure it's hard to see. Living close to the Vegas Strip and all the chaos and people that frequent it must be brutal but there you are! Beating the odds!

Mama, Matt took offense to another boy cutting him in the dinner line...words ensued and this kid socked him the mouth. They've had difficulty before and this young man is actually from an orphanage out of Kazakhstan.....you can imagine the trauma he has lived through- not excusing him though....
                      I'm pretty tired tonight. The last 2 days have been rough but we have talked a lot to Mathieu and he's doing well. The boys parents will pay for the dental work which will be extensive...not to mention expensive....I feel sad for everyone - but I believe eventually this will be positive.

Turning in early.
                      Love you all. Hugs and heart. :l:h

Comment

Byrdie saved me tonight.
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

You ok K9???
                          Damn Kradle... This is tough..... I am assuming temper is an issue for all the kids at Avica?

Comment

I know it's Tuesday but I came across this pic...........I felt her pain ! Ha! Hope everyone is doing ok.
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Kradle, I'm assuming Matt said something to line-cutter kid...I know I do when somebody tries that with me...and the kid socked him? I hope things get straightened out soon.

K9, are you okay? :h

Comment

K9 just got up....Byrdie is phenomenal. I'm assuming it's the pressure with Sierra.....it's a tremendous weight. I caved once with Matt....didn't do much except add to my misery of his going through this. That's really the bottom line, isn't it? :l
                                I've thought about how you are mostly dealing with all this as a single parent. THAT IS HUGE!!! Your staying true to no AL!! And your dedication to being the best for Sierra...well, it's simply an honor to be in your company...countries have done less:l:l:h

Yes Fen, exactly. the kid cut him in line claiming seniority for being at the ranch longer and you can imagine how Our Mathieu took to that!!!

Off to get the munchkins up. :h

Comment

Working...
                                X