One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh K9, so sorry to hear what happened in my last night - and great news on the interview. You know, even Lav mentioned feeling a bit of a pull recently. Your episode just reinforced how vigilant we have to be on this journey - and I was thinking that I'm sick and tired of reading about Al the whole time and that I should perhaps take a break. Not anymore. If it can happen to you, it can happen to me.

Don't beat yourself up - dust yourself off and catch that stupid horse that threw you.

Last night's hugs must have worked off by now - here's some more for when you wake up: :l:l:l:l:l:l
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

It's amazing how fierce I feel about those I love here. I was so concerned about K9 yesterday. You all are my family and when you hurt, I hurt.
      I am so glad you posted Baby Girl, and got everything off your chest. I agree...speed bump is the proper term. YAY on the interview and let's hope you will be frisking people soon!:H
      I posted the Robin Williams article as a gentle reminder of how we can get lulled into drinking or using again, if it helps anyone.
      Bastet...one of things I learned in therapy is that addicts "substitute".....meaning xanax for AL. No criticism meant WHATSOEVER.....I get it.....just wanted you to know.:h
      And YES,YES....the Undies are a funny, loving bunch, but I can't understand what they are saying half the time.:H
      Hugs Nora
      and sweet Kradle....I posted on your other thread....you are being so poised and graceful.....I wold be cutting someone by now
      coffee and then off to the maternity ward.....she was gone ALL afternoon yesterday for a doctor visit...grrrrrr
      I love you all unconditionally and ANYONE can have my number....I just may not answer at 1am...and I feel bad about that:h
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Wow, this place got busy last night!

I'm glad everybody is okay, and Kradle, I'm with mama...I don't know how stay so cool, calm and collected! That was pretty big of Mathieu to write an apology to that kid, especially seeing how the kid REALLY crossed the line. I'm glad the air has been cleared.

I woke up to another four inches of snow today. Sooooo ready for this to be over with, already.

Nora, did you enjoy the Green Acres episode? :H

Off to clear my driveway...

Comment

Wow, mama...princess gack and spew took an entire afternoon for a dr.'s appointment? Where was it, the next county?

Comment

Hey all,today Louie is one! i cant believe how fast it went by,i'm with Mama in that i do truly care about everbody on this thread,i'm glad we have each other to lean on and just having each other as friends,hugs to you K9, you are one of the most supportive people on this site,always quick with trying to help others,a cool chickie! hope everybody has a good wednesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Birthday Louie!!!
              Princess Gack and Spew....funny!!!
              She had a sonogram, bloodwork, I don't know.....and she is irritating the crap out of me this morning, so I better shut up
              I won't complain that it's rainy and chilly today:h

Comment

Hi all,
                Going to clean out the RV so we can take it for estimate on how much we can sell it for. We will consign it to a local RV dealer so less hassle..I am all for keeping it simple. Looking at a few trips to take with the money. I want to travel while dh and my health is still good. After the scares we had last year I see no reason to sit here and watch TV..enjoy life and spend wisely.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hello my dear, dear friends! Sorry it's been all about "me" the last couple days. I swear I am back in the saddle now (like Kradle. lol) I can't even begin to thank you all for the support and love you've shown me. And Mama, you KNOW that anytime between 1-3am is when us drunks like to dial the phone! LOL

I see a new nickname for our beloved Bri...PGS...Princess Gack Spew :H That is so flippin' funny. How is baby daddy doing through all this drama? Or has he disappeared from the picture?

Awww...Lil' Louie!!! Happy Bday lil guy!!

Kradle - I'm glad Matt is doing ok. That sucks about his tooth, but it's fixable at least! How are the girls doing?

Nora - I think going to the psychiatrist was what finally pushed me over the edge. He seems to think she might be "slightly bi-polar"...but then again, aren't we all? Maybe I'm too cynical...but I think therapy encourages a certain amount of selfishness. Anyway, I did appreciate that he didn't push any new drugs on us (he just increased the Celexa by half a pill). We are going back in 4 weeks for a follow up. Note to self: DO NOT LET THE NEXT VISIT DERAIL YOU! uch:

And yeah, I'm thinking I may have this Dispatcher job in the bag! Of course, I have to be prepared either way. I am just so excited that it may happen.

I love you guys...thanks again for all the love!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Baby Daddy is in the picture......amazingly.....
                    and he fusses at her for the same things I so....so I know it's not me...interrupting, not listening, having attitude and tone in her voice...kind of like a teenager....
                    PGS....FUNNY!!
                    I can only imagine how dealing with WHN's real (or not real) issues are affecting you....and WTH is 'slightly" bi-polar?? Is that like "a little" pregnant??
                    Dots - we need a Stepper road trip in the RV before you consign it....whatcha think?

Comment

Niner - if you get the dispatcher job can you still talk to us during the day? I mean, you MUST have your priorities in order, right?

Comment

mama bear;1634497 wrote: Niner - if you get the dispatcher job can you still talk to us during the day? I mean, you MUST have your priorities in order, right?
                        You know I was worried about that too! I will get the shitty shifts at first (i.e. 6pm -6am)...but every 4 months you rotate so that nobody gets stuck with shitty forever. I will have to check it out and see what I can pull off. There's always my trusty iPad at home, and I promise to check in more from there...hell, I will have 3 days off in a row
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

mama if I wasn't afraid dh would kill us both in it I would be up for a road trip...maybe just drive in the car?? My good friend from years ago lives in FL and dh has a friend on the AL/FL border...so lots to do but I prefer a nice hotel with hot water etc...
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Just a quick check in. I'm fine but super busy moving the kids into the townhouse. I'll try to read back later. CJ got the job, and she accepted the position! So proud of my little girl!

Comment

YAY CJ!!!

Comment

Great quote!

Comment

Working...
                                X