One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh K9,never worry about it being all "you"sheesh that's what friends are for,i've been wondering all day what did it feel like drinking after 2 years?was it foreign,familiar,did you look at it and think what the hell?not trying to beat a dead horse,it's over,happened,move on i was just wondering,with all of your poor little girl's problems,you've been an outstanding mother,and every one here would agree! shoosh my week has gotten better and better (haha)was promptly to to "fuck off"by a walk-in custmer for taking one of my regulars who called ahead btw,before him,i'm thinking hello,there's 2 other stylists working too,they were almost done,i don't like being talked to like that,rude as hell,Dottie,i want an r.v dangit! my dad's last girlfriend had one,and it was totally fun to just go escape,even at an r.v park,i told hubs we should get one and park it on the side of the house for just "us time"or me when i'm p.m.s'ing,or one of the kids when theyre acting up haha,well off to plan dinner,have a good one peeps,love you all truly
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - good point...
      wanna talk about it K9.???....I was worried you felt like death....
      those F bombs are hard to take aren't they?
      I would NEVER say that to someone.....
      and Niner, it was all about ME a few weeks back, so now it's your turn:h:h
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

It was weird to be doing that crappy behavior again. I think I drank so fast that it all hit me at once too. And NOTHING about it was fun either! I smoked about a whole pack, so my lungs felt like shit the next day too. I just hate that next-day feeling where you're super dizzy, and my eyes always get all swollen too. UGH...I still don't feel back to normal. Maybe tomorrow, maybe Friday? I am eating healthy foods and trying to be nice to my poor bod. Tonight I am going home, taking a shower, putting on clean jammies and either watching Netflix (if it will stop acting up and "loading" every 2 damn seconds) or read a new book, I just got 4 more from Library. It may seem boring, but it's a HELL OF A LOT better than Monday night. I am just thankful I didn't decide to walk the neighborhood or drive anywhere. It's bad enough I thought Mama would LOVE to hear from me at 1:00am! LOL :H

p.s. I'm also glad I didn't decide to groom Forrest, or re-activate my Facebook account! Let's be thankful for small things. ha
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Whew, what a day! Went to mom's and cleaned until it was time to take her to her hearing aid appointment. Looks like the third time's a charm...the tech tried two other hearing aids for mom's right ear that didn't fit...this time, she used a pediatric mold and mom can finally hear out of that ear. Good thing, because her hearing ear cat, Mooch, is too old and lazy to go and fetch her when he hears me pounding on the door, like he used to do. :H

On the way back, we stopped at the grocery store so she could do some marathon grocery shopping. It was getting later and later, lol. Finally dropped her off, did my own grocery shopping, got home, and had to dig out my driveway from the snowplow going by.

Going to start supper in a few.

K9, I hope you get that job! Sending good vibes your way.

Pauly, I like the idea of the R.V. next to the house. I could use one of those!

Mama, I hope that Princess G&S minds her p's and q's.

Lizann, glad your kid is gainfully employed!

Nora, where are you?

I'd better start getting the evening meal going....I love you guys!

Comment

Fen - what a good daughter you are.
            K9- I SWEAR I don't care that you called, ding dong. Maybe you needed a "bad" night to remember how crappy it is to be wasted. Did WHN flip out??
            My Netflix is doing that too. I got so frustrated last night I turned it off and read. Try re-booting the computer. That helps.
            I am so frustrated and tired right now. Princess Gack wore me out today. I have to do something, but I don't know what. We keep having chats, but within 3 days, she's back to her same old self. Gah!!
            Enough bitching, Netflix here I come.
            I love you guys too!!

Comment

Hey Fen,i had to laugh at the hearing aid,only because,ive heard to many people complain about it's too loud now haha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Mama,i had to deal with a prego co-worker,then after that shes "pumping"every time a diffucult customer came in,cripes

Comment

paulywogg;1634582 wrote: Hey Fen,i had to laugh at the hearing aid,only because,ive heard to many people complain about it's too loud now haha
                  LOL, Pauly, she was quite taken aback when the tech turned the hearing aid on. I know she didn't have her hearing aids on when I called tonight...took the second try! :H

Comment

Hey all - so hard to check in during the day.

So - someone got my debit card info. Thank goodness the fraud department caught it right away. Only $1.71 went thru and the big charge of almost $700.00 was blocked! I'm so lucky. I swear, I don't understand how people can do that. I had just heard on the radio this morning as I was driving to work about a woman that was arrested for in Los Angeles for a huge identify theft. I don't know how much she stole but when they caught her, she had more than 400 identity profiles and more than 200 credit card numbers.

Mama - I'm so sorry about Princess Gack! I don't want to be mean but if she is taking advantage now, it's only going to get worse as the pregnancy goes on and after the baby is born.

Fen - glad that your Mom got the hearing aids. My Mom needs them but there's no way at this point that we are going to try. It would be really hard for her to adjust and we all just talk louder. The hard part is when she doesn't hear the phone or door. You get worried.

Liz - thanks for checking in! I've been thinking about you. Yahoo for CJ - glad she got the job.

K9 - you are sounding great. :h I don't think that you are cynical. I know that my therapy has made me more selfish. I had spent my life always blaming myself for everything. Trying to take care of everyone.....thinking that everything was my fault. My therapist has worked with me on that quite a bit and I was doing much better. But, I've had some backslides and we just talked about that in my last meeting. BUT, I think that is a positive selfishness and I know that sometimes it goes another way. Into a totally selfish person. So, I hope that the therapist works with her in a helpful way. :h

I agree on the road trip. Car & hotel is fine with me. :H

I laughed & laughed at the Green Acre's. I'm going to look up some more.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glad everything worked out with the bank Nora, it's a weird world these days. A client today had the car stolen this morning warming it up to go to work. Another client had their social stolen and whoever filed fraudulent tax returns. We obtained copies and the IRS sent the crook a refund for $11,000.

Bad side of technology I guess, don't remember it being so prevalent, miss Mayberry I guess.
                      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

It's a bit busy around these parts...

Niner... I'm glad that you are back in the saddle. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with just now and stress and financial strain are just... well... shit! I hope you get the dispatcher job... my fingers and other appendages are crossed. You have a lot of people here that care about you... it was lovely to read. And what was Mama doing anyway? Sleeping?! Pshawww... she can do that anytime! Think I'll call her now in fact, hee hee...

Nora... I hope the bank assured you that your account is safe. All this hacking of accounts is getting crazy. My bank keeps cancelling my credit card and sending me a new one as they suspect some weird "activity". I took out a brand new card two weeks ago and put the old one away... pain in the butt but it freaks me out that the bank has replaced my old one (different number every time) repeatedly.

Mama... "Princess Gack"... *snigger*! How's wee Axl doing? Are him and Lucky getting along?

Fen... Your mum has a hearing assistant cat called Mooch that's too old and lazy to help her any more? Ahhhhh... sorry... but I had to laugh at that one!!! :H

:wavin: Hiyas to a'body else... I hope all are well... X

I've had a busy few days... done a ton of necessary shopping, had my car's bumper fixed ($318 that a-hole that banged into me cost), going to the dentist tomorrow, yadda. I've done a bit of thinking too after being away for the weekend... always gives you a new perspective... and I realize I've been taking Bill's problems as my own. So I'm not going to do that any more. He'll need to work on his own stuff from now on. In any event, you can't change another person... waste of time to try, even if you have their best interests at heart it's up to them.

Does anyone know where you can buy a wok over here? They're more popular in the UK and I don't think I've ever seen one this side. I suppose Bed Bath and Beyond might have them but it's a bloomin expensive shop.

Comment

mama bear;1634379 wrote:
                          And YES,YES....the Undies are a funny, loving bunch, but I can't understand what they are saying half the time.:H
                          Mama ? are you saying that I?ve been blabbering on in here for over a year and you haven?t understood a word I?ve said! Cos if that?s the case I may as well still be married!

And also, re PGS, personally I prefer the Lady Gaga title ? I thought that was hilarious!

K9Lover;1634450 wrote: Hello my dear, dear friends! Sorry it's been all about "me" the last couple days.

Nora - I think going to the psychiatrist was what finally pushed me over the edge. He seems to think she might be "slightly bi-polar"...but then again, aren't we all?
                          K9 ? it may have been all about you today but it was someone else?s turn yesterday and will be someone new tomorrow, so don?t fret, pet. That?s the way it works in here! Also ? ?slightly bi-polar?? WTF? Bi-polar lite is basically just another way of saying ?adolescence?.

Kradle123;1634311 wrote:
                          Me Too! I love going 'Down Under!! '. :l
                          Oh dear, Kradle ? see, this is the difference between the Steppers and the Undies. If you said that in the Undies thread we?d still be sniggering weeks later. We take our smutty innuendos very seriously down here in Oz. :H

But on a serious note, why doesn?t the ranch have insurance for all its occupants? Surely, despite any disclaimers it may have attempted to make, they're responsible for any costs incurred by Matt while he was in their care?

Lizann ? well done to CJ! That?s great news.

Fennel/Nora? I heard a really interesting interview on the radio the other day that said that hearing aids take quite a while to adjust to, and that the problem most people have is that they give up too soon, thinking that they?re not working. Apparently they don?t work immediately, they need the neural pathways between ear/brain to develop around them in order to work effectively, so you need to really stick with them for a while to make the required changes.
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass..I sniggered at "Down Under" too!!!!! Too funny about the being married comment....:H
                            Nora- now you have me thinking about being positive selfish and I may work that into my talk with Lady Gaga.....I was really down about it and dread going into work today
                            Zen - I was just about to text your ass and see where you were
                            Axl is tormenting Lucky and it's funny. we are having litter box issues that we keep hiding from Bret...he will NOT tolerate a stinky carpet.
                            Coffee, shower, boss hat on.....sigh

Comment

Nora....SO sorry about the credit card. The head of Target resigned yesterday after their massive breach

Comment

Good morning my friends. Finally a moment to read back. So much going on here.
                                K9 good for you for herring right back up on that horse!
                                Kradle, so sorry to hear about matttheus tooth!
                                Nora I agree with zen, this credit card thing is outta control. Hope it gets straightened out
                                Up early on my day off. Going to take mom shopping for a dress for the wedding.
                                I must admit I'm feeling very anxious and melancholy. Last night we were moving things into e and d townhouse and it occurred to me that within the span of a few months we dissolved one household and are creating another, the circle of life. I have been weepy and craving!
                                CJ is going back to st Lucia to visit the boyfriend before she starts her new job and hubby is having a fit. We think that she'll really buckle down after this and work hard at her big girl job!
                                I'll try and check in more often, I really need to be here right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X