One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Zenny......call me ok? I texted you this morning. Did you get it?
    Bret and I have had some horrible fights, but it was usually over MY drinking. I had to stop or he was done. Plus, my kids were begging me.
    Is Bill mean every time he drinks or is it every now and then?
    Not looking to excuse him, just wondering if he is an asshat every time.....I could not tolerate that.
    Off to start laundry and yes...IRON.....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Wow, Zen...that sucks. I know you have your reasons for not pressing charges against Bill, but I hope you won't stay if he drinks again. Please don't underestimate what an angry, drunk person is capable of. I know it's not "him", but if he lets himself get to that point, it's still on him, you know? And that scene was in front of his client? Wow. Don't know what he does, but he could be out of work if stories like this get around. Reputation is a big deal.

I'm thinking of you...:l

Comment

Just remembering...my very first boyfriend back-handed me across the mouth once when we were having an argument. I was stunned. This was back in 1981, I think. I didn't turn him in, but I broke up with him a week later. It changes everything.

Comment

I caught Mrs. Fen's cold or whatever it is she has. Ended up going to bed at a ridiculously early hour last night. Feel like crap!

I hope everybody has a good weekend.

Tony, I wish my squirrelly self was seated right betwixt those lovely young ladies...the warm, tropical breeze blowing through my fur, an acorn in my paw...:H

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Zen))))))))))))))))))))) )))

Hubby hit me once early in our marriage. We were both arguing and shoving each other. He took it a step further and hit me. Broke a blood vessel in my eye. We had a talk after that and it was decided that if anything like that EVER happened again, it was over. PERIOD It never happened again. But, AL was not involved. That makes everything harder.

Just know that you are loved Zen. Do whatever you need to do. We are all with you. :h

Nursie - great to see you. :h

Fennel - feel better. I'm sorry you're sick. That sucks. (At least you don't sound like Arnold the pig though :H)

I'll be back later. Trying to clean this dump up. What I mess I have going here. Hubby will be home for a couple of weeks starting next Saturday and then go back up. I'm frustrated, sad and just don't know what. But, it's his Dad, it needs to be done. As I gently & not so gently remind my hubby.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Nora
              I texted back and forth with Zen and told her all of us would be down there to deal with Bill if he ever acted like an asshat again.
              Love is hard, sometimes.
              Flopping with some sushi and Netflix
              Love you all

Comment

Feel better Skwerly Butt!
                and I am glad Scott is coming home for a bit!

Comment

Zen, I?m so sorry you?ve had a rough time sweetie, and please don?t ever feel embarrassed to talk about things here. The reason I ended my marriage was because my ex-husband was abusive, but it was nothing to do with alcohol, he was just a f*ckwit. Unfortunately I was very young when I married him (20) and back in those days nobody recognised abuse unless it was physical, which it wasn?t for the first 10 years or so. Except for the day we came home from our honeymoon, and hey, wtf can you do at that point? He was actually quite cruel, but I was so young and na?ve it took me ten years to work out that it was him, not me, and by that time I had my two beautiful little Glasslets.

Anyway, Zenny, sorry for making this all about me, I just wanted to let you know that you?re not the first person to deal with this sort of thing and although your circumstances are obviously very different to mine, we do understand!

And?. in cheerier news, Mama ? if I could clone my little miracle I?d make a fortune! Apart from being a very good worker she?s an absolute sweetheart.
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi everyone FD here! Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and see how everyone is doing. I am doing great. Turned 39 on the 5th of March and made it to 5 months sober. Let me know how you are all doing? Our lives get busy at times and I have been running around like a mad man with work and school. But it's nice to catch-up with everyone here. Hope everyone is having a enjoyable Saturday.
                    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

HI FD, good to hear from you. All is well here with me. Had a very busy day so I am just chllin here...back to normal tomorrow.
                      I am closing in on 200 days so that is just so fantastic for me.
                      5 months for you is fantastic too....stay in touch!!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Nursie!!! Yea! I'm so glad you are here with us Steppers. I saw your other thread and haven't gotten around yet to give you a big hug :l and say welcome back! Imhope you stay here with us...yes I'm being selfish- I know your love and light are needed in lots of places:h

Zen I PM'd you...

Mama stop cleaning! You're making us all look bad! :H

fD. WOW five months!! That's fantastic :goodjob:I knew you could do it sweetie:h

K9 any news on the job?

Love to every else. Really pooped tonight. :bedtime:
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi all,
                          Still tired from the time change and the long day yesterday...but it was a success and I dont have to think about it for at least 6 months...a few ends to tidy up next week but I can exhale.
                          Off to run some errands...cold again but it should improve shortly...I hope..
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Ugh I just lost my post

Thanks Kradle, it's great to be back! I really missed you too!
                            I started back on my Antabuse and I'm feeling good.
                            I have a rough week coming up because it's my brother's birthday on the 16th (the one who passed) so I'm feeling a lot of anxiety and feelings leading up to it.

But on a lighter note, I've been cooking and cleaning this week end to stay busy, and I'm going for another run in a little while.

My friend is on her first quit and she relapsed last night. She is still drinking right now and she sounds completely sober on the phone. I hope she doesn't give up because it's really nice having so ER friends and she is very special to me.

My neighbor saw me wasted on my last drunk and I hope she doesn't think I'm a nut job. I guess she will see now that doesn't happen anymore and she will know I'm a good person. ( I was drunk in front of my son and she brought brownies over... I can barely remember. It's horrible.

I know I'm a bit all over the place, but I have a lot on my mind!
                            Guess I will go vacuum!
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hiya guys...

Happy Sunday.

Mama... Bill doesn't get mean when he doesn't OVER drink but when he drinks too much he is a pain in the frikken arse. He's done some right stupid stuff and has become agressive before, just not as bad as this last time. He picked Kenny (the friend he started the fight with) up by his lapels last year and it's because of that Ken retaliated this time. We were in a bar a year and a half ago playing pool and he spilt so many drinks the bar tender came out and duct taped his glass to his hand. I was mortified. He's laid down on the pavement a couple of times and has done a ton of equally goofy shit. It disgusts me and it makes me lose respect for him... yet I know all about the way AL can affect us. I was telling Kradle in PM that Bill is also very clingy and it was a total head melt to have him hanging off my coat tails after that incident. I've told him he needs to back off now and give me some space and I'll see where that leads. What a mess! No wonder I'm too embarrassed to talk about it! p.s. You got that ironing done yet?! )

Fenny... I won't be the one leaving if this happens again as this is my house. If it wasn't, I'd have been gone a long time ago, to be honest. Not only was that scene in front of his client, his client is an ex of mine. Could it have been ANY worse? He's a real estate attorney by the way... and I'm sure he's horrified that he's on file with the police dept. And to that I say... GOOD. And, yes, it does change everything. I hope your cold gets better sooner rather than later hon... have Mrs Fen look after you! Payback's a bitch! X

Nora... I can understand what you're saying... drunken fights are easier to get over than sober ones. I've had my share of drunken shouting matches with my other half, especially my ex husband. Shouting is one thing though, and physical violence is another. Your husband is lucky you gave him a second chance. My ex slapped me in the face and I fell off the chair I was sitting on and I was divorced within 3 months of that happening. I was sober and, yep, it made it all the worse. It's really great that he's never done that again Nora... you saw the good in him and he came through for you. I'm glad he's coming home for a spell. Is there any way the rest of his family can take a turn with his dad?

Glass... Emotional abuse is every bit as bad as physical abuse. My ex was emotionally and verbally abusive... there was hardly a day went past without him f*cking with me. It gets real old. And you're not making it about you... when you relate your story it just tells me that you understand... X I'm glad you moved on from him, and glad you got your Glasslets out of the deal! )

Kradle... thanks for the PM hon... X

:wavin: to everyone else...

Well, I've had the laziest frikken day so far. I've been cleaning up stuff on my phone and computer and watching Bill wash the windows. Mama said I had to "work it baby" and I am. We're going to Home Depot to get some plants for the back yard soon and he can plant 'em when I show him where. Good advice Mama... there's a lot of work getting done around here today.

I'm feeling loads better today. He ended up not going to the BBQ with me (shock horror!) and I had a good time with my mates. I was really surprised that he opted to do his own thing so maybe there's going to be some improvement in the clingy department. Fingers crossed.

How's everyone else today? Hope you're having a good one... :l

Comment

X-post... Hiya Nursie... :wavin:

Comment

Working...
                                X