One Step at a Time - March 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch Kradle - that sounds nasty - I hope the Benadryl settles it down soon.

Nursie - I'm very proud of you hon! I hope you and your mom can get through this most difficult time OK. Keep taking that AB won't you!

Nora - I'll set up a voodoo checkers board here if you like and keep moving the pieces around for you. Hopefully I won't be making any multiple jumps while you're in the supermarket -cos that could get really awkward!
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1637999 wrote:

Nora - I'll set up a voodoo checkers board here if you like and keep moving the pieces around for you. Hopefully I won't be making any multiple jumps while you're in the supermarket -cos that could get really awkward!
      :bigwink::whee::danthin::H
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

K9Lover;1637943 wrote: I would be jealous FD... jealous that you are hitting on MY woman!!!

Sorry I been AWOL today...yes I've been here but no time. And my avatar is missing. I was trying to put up a new picture but apparently my boobs are too big.
        Bwahahaaa! On both scores! :H

I'm awake at Silly o'clock... :upset:

Hiya Pauly and Kradle! )

Kradle... Peridex oral solution... got it! I'll see if I can snag some of that on my next visit. Re niacin... there are two types... regular niacin and "no flush" niacin... you may want to get the second type. I've had a niacin flush and, although it's a shock, :egad: it's harmless and goes away on it's own... you don't need to take anything for it. It would be a pretty good trick to play on someone you don't like, huh?! :ey: I threw the regular niacin out and got the "no flush" one after my little hot flash. I needed another one of those like a hole in the head, right?!

Nursie... congratulations on the 14 days! Way to go! Have a good time at mum's. )

Nora... Today's the big day, huh? ) Let us know the score on your game of checkers, and, Nora... please try and play by the rules!!!

Mama... do you want me to send you a text hitting on you? I can do that. Anything for a pal!

:wavin: Hi to a'body else!

It's the St Paddy's Day parade in Delray Beach today and I'm supposed to be going with a girlfriend. I'm not that into it... way too many people and the parking is shite... but if she insists, I'll go. I'm definitely a bit bah humbug about it though.

Gonna try for a few more Z's... this early morning thing is not my scene... I'm a night owl. I hate getting up when it's still dark... gives me the heeby jeebies!

Comment

Happy Saturday! Getting excited about our cruise tomorrow! Pretty much packed. Looking forward to my mani and pedi this afternoon,
          Congrats seargent 9! You go girl.
          So I'll check in if I can. I am going to miss you guys. Bon voyage!

Comment

Hey all,the niacin flush sounds scary,its common though,i had it with l-glute which is weird,what is niacin for anyways?please enlighten me,hello to all,im behind this morn so i'll see y'all later
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning lovies
              lolly gagging and enjoying a lazy morning. Bret and I are watching Axl (the kitten) torment Lucky (7 years old) and it is hysterical. They are both rolling around in a roll of toilet paper right now.:H
              Bret is working on my van and I may be back on the road in a few weeks.......SCARY!!
              I get the niacin flush if I drink a 5 hour energy drink but it only lasts a few minutes
              Have fun on the cruise Lizz.
              Checker, checkers, checkers...chanting for Nora:h
              FD and Zen...you can flirt with me anytime. Or better yet, K9 could frisk me:shocked:
              I am getting a man and pedi later too....it's been a month
              Peace Out Cub Scouts
              Extra hugs to Pauly..you are being rather quiet of late
              Hiya Kradle, Dots, and all our new family members!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

oh...my 22 year old, Grant, gave me a stern lecture about drinking and driving since I have my license and soon will have my car back. I smiled, and said thanks for the concern, and then said, "Don't YOU drink and drive? And I know you drive stoned.?" That shut him up
                I worry about him and his partying ways.....not out of control, but I know he does it.
                No need to be a smug asshat about it though.....

Comment

mama bear;1638113 wrote: I am getting a man and pedi later too....it's been a month
                  At the same time, Mama? :egad:
                  14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Zenstyle;1638060 wrote:
                    I've had a niacin flush and, although it's a shock, :egad: it's harmless and goes away on it's own... you don't need to take anything for it. It would be a pretty good trick to play on someone you don't like, huh?! :ey: I threw the regular niacin out and got the "no flush" one after my little hot flash. I needed another one of those like a hole in the head, right?!
                    !
                    Amen Sista!!
                    I'd rather have a hole in my head actually...Geez did that just suck or what?
                    The Benadryl definitely turned the tide and DH was rubbing my feet to distract me so.....and we must have the same evil little dark side, Zen, because the thought of slipping a little niacin over to a few fellow humans I know... 'need an aspirin, honey?...:devil: definitely went through my head! Hope the Peridox works. See If they have a sample bottle...

Oh shoot! It's getting late. Have to run to go get Madison. Check in later gators. I'll give a whole niacin debacle update:H
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

MAE all,
                      We went out for breakfast then to visit dad..I keep the visits short before he can upset me. He is still asking for money and I try to change the subject but he circles back around to it...I know that no matter how much I give him he will want more.
                      Going to a pot luck at church tonight. Should be good food and some good company.
                      I need a break from things..
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I got a MANI and a pedi....haha
                        and went to the pet store and bought a new litter box and some kitten food and a flea comb...
                        gonna chill for a bit and then go to a new French restaurant

Comment

Dottie meant to thank you for your insight last night on the niacin. :l if you don't mind my asking, why is dad asking for money? Isn't he in assisted living where everything is pretty much supplied? My mom was in AL for awhile and pretty much was self contained. Glad you are getting out for a break.

Mama the kittens sound so cute. I too am getting a big kick out Ollie and Ginny tussling around the house...especially when they get into the toilet paper or climb up the coats in the coat rack....I took Sedona to get a manicure tonight : you inspired me! It was too cute. She took ten minutes picking out three different colors and then sat patiently explaining to the nail tech exactly how she wanted each nail done- which color on which and how many coats and what color went on top of which color because of course she wanted sparkles and she wanted them to be even.....of course....I must say the tech handled it beautifully. I gave him a big tip!!

We'll feeling back to my ok self tonight...the Benadryl made me feel disconnected most of the day but now I feel good enough to go to bed! Oh, Pauly I was trying the niacin because it's a vaso dilator and I have really painful raynaudes syndrome - poor circulation in my hands and feet- I've lived with this all my life but it's gotten worse as I've gone into menopause so....anyway, all my other supplements weren't helping much; I've been adding jeleopeno peppers to my juices with tumeric to up my metabolism., open up the capillaries ...it helps but, well- my fingers hurt ALOT when the blood drains out of them and I look like a weird version of Tim Burton's the dead bride. So I was pretty desperate. Ironically, every fricken part of my body's cardio vascular system opened wide except...except...yes, you guessed it...my bloody hands!! :upset: oh we'll. guess I'll stick to my turmeric and chiles.

Home safe and sound tonight. Having a tough time still adjusting to the time change don't know why. I usually switch over pretty fast but not this time. I keep over sleeping. I've missed the market openings all week...it's ok. I'm trading options now which is different animal.
                          Love to all,
                          Night night:l

PS- special hugs to Pavarati and Nursie and Audrey and HoneySoup:l:l

PPS- safe cruise Liz. Take lots of pics. And happy romantic Cabin getaway Fen...here's hoping for some checkers....:h

Comment

Oh...checker wishes for you too, Nora! :l:h

Comment

Hello all,
                              Kradle I think it is a guy thing with the money. He was used to carrying way too much money in his wallet. Makes him feel good I think. And I have read that an obsession with money is not uncommon with Alzheimer's patients. I just down want him to lose it and yes there is nothing for him to spend it on. I pay for everything for him. He just gets on it and wont let up....argh
                              Off to church then later to dinner with friends for her parents 65th wedding anniversary. I cant imagine being married that long. We will hit 18 this year and I cant believe that either.
                              Back later,
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning peeps
                                the French restaurant was not good, but it was very pretty
                                we came home and went to the neighbors for a bit.....I came home and went to bed, but Bret stayed pretty late
                                they had a karioke machine so I made an ass of myself but had fun
                                sipping coffee and tackling laundry....fun, fun
                                I miss the days when I could afford a housekeeper that ironed...sigh
                                kradle..the mani sounds cute
                                Dots.....Pop liked to have money too...he fidgeted with the coins all the time

Comment

Working...
                                X